You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:48:49 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 337

+1 to the purple compadre.
:thumbright:
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:40:57 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
It is always great to learn a little more about what makes the "cheesemeister" tick.

You've had some serious trials and tribulations in your life, but you still persevere.
That sometimes comes with longevity, as you are getting a little "long-in-the-tooth" :icon_smile:

Good read Alan, and the very best wishes my friend for your continued recovery.

Lastly, a little humor that you will appreciate...............

Three handsome male dogs are walking down the street when they see a beautiful, enticing, female Siberian Husky dog. The three male dogs fall all over themselves in an effort to be the one to reach her first, but end up arriving in front of her at the same time.

The males are speechless before her beauty, slobbering on themselves and hoping for just a glance from her crystal blue eyes in return. Aware of her charms and her obvious effect on the three suitors, she decides to be kind and tells them "The first one who can use the words "liver" and "cheese" together in an imaginative, intelligent sentence can go out with me."

The sturdy, muscular black Lab speaks up quickly and says "I love liver and cheese." "Oh, how childish," said the husky. "That shows no imagination or intelligence whatsoever." She turned to the tall, shiny Golden Retriever and said "How well can you do?" "Um.I HATE liver and cheese," blurts the Golden Retriever. "My, my," said the sibe. "I guess it's hopeless. That's just as dumb as the Lab's sentence."

She then turns to the last of the three dogs and says, "How about you, little guy?" The last of the three, tiny in stature but big in fame and finesse, is the Taco Bell Chihuahua. He gives her a smile, a sly wink, turns to the Golden Retriever and the Lab and says.....

"Liver alone. Cheese mine."

LOLOL!!!!
When i was in school, i was asked to use the word "asbestos" in a sentence.
So i told the teacher......."I'm doing "asbestos" i can!!!"
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:47:57 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

After reading Vikesrule's joke, i just HAD to post a picture of my "baby" Seth.
He kind of fits in with his joke!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Packerchick  
#19 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 9:04:49 AM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 590
Applause Received: 25

After reading Vikesrule's joke, i just HAD to post a picture of my "baby" Seth.
He kind of fits in with his joke!
UserPostedImage

Cute dog Cheesey, and nice SI picture you got there.
I am a woman and I love football.
Offline Cheesey  
#20 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 1:15:36 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Thanks PC!
I can't remember if it was Pack93z that made the "Cheesey SI cover" for me.....i THINK it was him. I thought it would make a cool avatar.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhpackr  
#21 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:05:17 PM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

cool
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline IronMan  
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:09:19 PM(UTC)
IronMan

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

Thanks PC!
I can't remember if it was Pack93z that made the "Cheesey SI cover" for me.....i THINK it was him. I thought it would make a cool avatar.

Actually it was Nathaniel who made that one. And yes, very well done.
Offline Cheesey  
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2009 11:47:37 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Thanks PC!

Actually it was Nathaniel who made that one. And yes, very well done.

Thats very possible.........i feel bad if i didn't give the right credit. It's just been SUCH a long time since it was made, i wasn't sure.
But i DO love it!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#24 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:14:16 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

I loved your interview, Cheesey! I'm sorry I missed your hard time while I was away, but needless to say I'm ecstatic you pulled through.

I had to notice that you added the extra "e" to "unmistakable," which I assume was as intentional as adding the "e" to "Cheesey"? ;)

I totally know where you're coming from when it comes to suffering. I've always hoped my death comes suddenly and painlessly. I know it's a shock to the family when someone is suddenly just gone, and suffering gets them a chance to grieve ahead of time, but what's in it for me?

Oh, and using the gold text was a beautiful touch. Why didn't I think of that?
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#25 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:09:15 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

I loved your interview, Cheesey! I'm sorry I missed your hard time while I was away, but needless to say I'm ecstatic you pulled through.

I had to notice that you added the extra "e" to "unmistakable," which I assume was as intentional as adding the "e" to "Cheesey"? ;)

I totally know where you're coming from when it comes to suffering. I've always hoped my death comes suddenly and painlessly. I know it's a shock to the family when someone is suddenly just gone, and suffering gets them a chance to grieve ahead of time, but what's in it for me?

Oh, and using the gold text was a beautiful touch. Why didn't I think of that?

Pack93z deserves credit for the gold text. He did it.....and very nicely, i might add!
Yes.......i did pull through.......although somtimes i'm still trying to figure out why.
I know there must be SOME reason i'm still here.......i just wish i could figure out what it is.
Honestly, at times i feel ripped off........as if Heaven was yanked away from me at the last second.
I'm in alot of pain today........(pretty much every day since surgery) I CAN see little improvements. I just wasn't prepared for the after surgery effects.
Thats one thing that bugs me........no one really told me what to expect after surgery. I mean, i KNEW there would be pain, thats a given. But how long should i expect to feel this bad? What can i expect next? I felt like i was at the "drive thru" at the hospital. I half expected "Would you like fries with that?" on my way out. I was out of the hospital 3 days after surgery, with NO idea of what to do.
But i rambled enough i guess.......sorry.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#26 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:43:41 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

My friend, if you could have watched what they did to your body during that procedure, you'd KNOW why you still feel so bad. I'm grateful, for your sake, you didn't get to see it. You'd never want to go near a doctor again. There's this myth that surgery is delicate art, like painting. Far from it! I've seen garbage collectors who work with more delicacy. But enough of my macabre histrionics.

May I gently suggest that a glance at your left hand might give a clue as to why you're still condemned to traverse this vale of tears a while longer? :D
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#27 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:10:05 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

My friend, if you could have watched what they did to your body during that procedure, you'd KNOW why you still feel so bad. I'm grateful, for your sake, you didn't get to see it. You'd never want to go near a doctor again. There's this myth that surgery is delicate art, like painting. Far from it! I've seen garbage collectors who work with more delicacy. But enough of my macabre histrionics.

May I gently suggest that a glance at your left hand might give a clue as to why you're still condemned to traverse this vale of tears a while longer? :D

What!?!? My LEFT hand??? What did you see me do with my le..........OH.......i get it!!!
Yeah......i know......my wife would be all alone. And it's not like i wish that on her. I just feel like there MUST be more. And i just haven't seen it yet.
Is there some greater purpose then that for me? I just can't help but wonder.
My wife calls me a "prophet". Thinks i'm still here for a bigger reason.
But then she gets mad at me, cause i'm alot less patient because of the constant pain, i get grumpy, and she calls me all kinds of other things.
It's been such a roller coaster.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#28 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 2:46:44 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

All I have to say is if you took everything life has thrown at you with perfect equanimity, I would have to draw the conclusion that you didn't really care one way or the other, and that would be unfortunate. I personally think that apathy is the most toxic human condition imaginable.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#29 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 3:17:11 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

All I have to say is if you took everything life has thrown at you with perfect equanimity, I would have to draw the conclusion that you didn't really care one way or the other, and that would be unfortunate. I personally think that apathy is the most toxic human condition imaginable.

Wat? lol

Stop with the big words!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#30 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:50:36 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Heh, to state it another way: Only saints take everything in stride, and I don't believe saints exist.
UserPostedImage