Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#16 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 2:49:20 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Favre made everyone around him look better, and the Packers won't have that this year.

True... if you're talking about the first month of last season. Favre carried us. But as the season progressed, our team started to develop to the point that Favre simply had to let his play makers handle their business.

From what I saw in the preseason, the pack's o-line looks shakey, and Rodgers doesn't have the experience to deal with that, at least not right away.

Um yeah we're returning all 5 starters from last year's o-line that grew and matured beautifully. Going into the first game, 4 of the 5 starters last year are starting again. The C is being replaced with the starting G, and the new starting G is a 3rd year player that is no slouch.

The Packers o-line play may have been shaky this pre-season, but not as much as it was during the first month of last season. They got things together very quickly, so it isn't as if this is a major cause for concern.

During the preseason, Rodgers looked inconsistant, and Jackson looked good (when healthy).

Inconsistent? He had one bad game... the 49ers game.

Every other game he was quite accurate, made good reads, and quite frankly played well. He's no Favre, but he doesn't need to be with the way our O has matured.

I've had a change of heart... I think Packers win opening night 24-20.

At worst, the Packers should be a 10-6 team, at best they've got the potential to go 12-4. But they have to gel awfully quickly for that to happen, something I wouldn't count out.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline MassPackersFan  
#17 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:12:43 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

I'm fine with him using the word "inconsistent" to describe Rodgers in the preseason, although I'd have some arguing points.

I had another Vikings fan call his performance in the preseason as "dismal". :lol: 103.6 passer rating that would've been higher had Francies not let a pass bounce off his chest for an INT. Dismal. :lol:

I'm not worried about Rodgers at all. Our O-line is my main concern. And I want to see our run D step up. Take care of those things and I am looking for 12+ wins this season.
UserPostedImage
Offline digsthepack  
#18 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:21:26 PM(UTC)
digsthepack

While our DL might be a little less potent than last year, I honestly believe they are going to toun our LB loose like a pack of starved dogs on a hindquarter of cow.

Popp as a rusher situationally; Barnett and Hawk blitzing with intent; and add to the mix some safety and DB options. We will perform at a very high level on D as a unit.

My only concern about Rodgers is health....and there is quite a difference between being hurt, and being able to play hurt. To me, Rodgers seems like someone who is incredibly strong mentally, and will be able to face adversity down and play through it.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Offline NodakPaul  
#19 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:34:50 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

I'm fine with him using the word "inconsistent" to describe Rodgers in the preseason, although I'd have some arguing points.

I had another Vikings fan call his performance in the preseason as "dismal". :lol: 103.6 passer rating that would've been higher had Francies not let a pass bounce off his chest for an INT. Dismal. :lol:

I'm not worried about Rodgers at all. Our O-line is my main concern. And I want to see our run D step up. Take care of those things and I am looking for 12+ wins this season.

It also would have been lower had the Tennessee CB not screwed up. You can't play the IF game. If the queen had balls she'd be the king. Doesn't make it so...

I wouldn't call Rodger's performance dismal by any means. Especially as the preseason went on. I would call the OL dismal though.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline walleye  
#20 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:39:10 PM(UTC)
walleye

why's that?
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline Packnic  
#21 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:47:18 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

It also would have been lower had the Tennessee CB not screwed up. You can't play the IF game. If the queen had balls she'd be the king. Doesn't make it so...

I wouldn't call Rodger's performance dismal by any means. Especially as the preseason went on. I would call the OL dismal though.

Dismal though? inconsistent maybe. dismal is purple glasses.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#22 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:53:11 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

why's that?

Because it was. I was there at the Niners game and our QBs were being pounded all game long. I was especially worried about the shot Flynn took late in the game. Hats off to Flynn though, he's one tough kid. I was watching him on the sidelines hoping he wouldn't rip his helmet off and hork, but he managed to keep it together.

Our QBs took a lot more hits than they should have in the preseason. Our OL better step up in the regular season. Cliffy and Tausher are solid, not worried about them. Not worried about Wells either, but he's got to get healthy.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:57:30 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

We're going to see a dismal OL all right, but they'll be wearing white jerseys Monday night. You're not at all worried about two ham-an-eggr tackles going up against KGB/Jenkins & Kampmann? I think J Allen should shut his mouth before he watches his gimpy quarterback hauled off on a stretcher.

I'll give you this Nodak, the Vikings place a lot of guys in the Pro Bowl, but they sure don't have much of a trophy case. When they ever find a coach/GM that can figure out why that is: you'll be a team to wrecken with. Until then, the Vikings are amusing.
UserPostedImage
Offline warhawk  
#24 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:25:24 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 220

why's that?

Because it was. I was there at the Niners game and our QBs were being pounded all game long. I was especially worried about the shot Flynn took late in the game. Hats off to Flynn though, he's one tough kid. I was watching him on the sidelines hoping he wouldn't rip his helmet off and hork, but he managed to keep it together.

Our QBs took a lot more hits than they should have in the preseason. Our OL better step up in the regular season. Cliffy and Tausher are solid, not worried about them. Not worried about Wells either, but he's got to get healthy.

I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline MassPackersFan  
#25 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:38:10 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

We're going to see a dismal OL all right, but they'll be wearing white jerseys Monday night. You're not at all worried about two ham-an-eggr tackles going up against KGB/Jenkins & Kampmann? I think J Allen should shut his mouth before he watches his gimpy quarterback hauled off on a stretcher.

I'll give you this Nodak, the Vikings place a lot of guys in the Pro Bowl, but they sure don't have much of a trophy case. When they ever find a coach/GM that can figure out why that is: you'll be a team to wrecken with. Until then, the Vikings are amusing.

That's an excellent point. Now that you pointed it out, I almost expect Kampman to bury his helmet in T-Jack's spine and tell him that the hit was for Allen.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#26 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:45:03 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.

True. And got a chuckle about the Niners needing that. Regular season, we'd pound them into the turf all game long.

However, the first three games, I didn't like the pass protection Rodgers was getting. Game four, Rodgers came in for one play and hit Gregorious for a long TD and came out.
Mike McCarthy is the man at making adjustments. If our OL is shabby, we'll adjust accordingly. Note that that doesn't mean no worries at all, those adjustments may mean not being able to do a lot of things we'd love to see our beloved Packers do with a healthy OL.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline warhawk  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 6:44:46 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 220

True. And got a chuckle about the Niners needing that. Regular season, we'd pound them into the turf all game long.

However, the first three games, I didn't like the pass protection Rodgers was getting. Game four, Rodgers came in for one play and hit Gregorious for a long TD and came out.
Mike McCarthy is the man at making adjustments. If our OL is shabby, we'll adjust accordingly. Note that that doesn't mean no worries at all, those adjustments may mean not being able to do a lot of things we'd love to see our beloved Packers do with a healthy OL.

Well, in game 3 when we were strapping it on like it was for real Rodgers goes something like 18 for 22 and was sacked once so either the protection was there or Rodgers can complete a pass under pressure. Something some here can't seem to fathom.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline NodakPaul  
#28 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 11:32:32 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

Well, in game 3 when we were strapping it on like it was for real Rodgers goes something like 18 for 22 and was sacked once so either the protection was there or Rodgers can complete a pass under pressure. Something some here can't seem to fathom.

Was your OL in game three the same that we will be seeing on Monday (honest question)? For some reason I was under the impression that you have had at least one more injury since then.

EDIT: I checked, and Josh Sitton played in week 3, whereas he has not practiced yet this week and is most likely out.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline porky88  
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 2:37:45 AM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 394

I say let's bring this topic up after Monday's game.

If Green Bay wins they'll be seen as the team to beat.

Vice versa if Minnesota wins.

Basically we'll know a lot about where the teams stand at the end of Monday Night.
Offline gbpfan  
#30 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 9:04:12 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

i think arod will be fine,he took sacks in the 49ers game and got up i dont think people give him enough credit,not saying he wont have dumb moments but i think he will be better with the ball :icon_smile: we have a good group of guys that can help him when you have talent and q,b can make right choises not run the ball get rid of it which he can do i still like our chances
blank
Rss Feed