Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Packnic  
#21 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:47:18 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm fine with him using the word "inconsistent" to describe Rodgers in the preseason, although I'd have some arguing points.

I had another Vikings fan call his performance in the preseason as "dismal". :lol: 103.6 passer rating that would've been higher had Francies not let a pass bounce off his chest for an INT. Dismal. :lol:

I'm not worried about Rodgers at all. Our O-line is my main concern. And I want to see our run D step up. Take care of those things and I am looking for 12+ wins this season.


It also would have been lower had the Tennessee CB not screwed up. You can't play the IF game. If the queen had balls she'd be the king. Doesn't make it so...

I wouldn't call Rodger's performance dismal by any means. Especially as the preseason went on. I would call the OL dismal though.



Dismal though? inconsistent maybe. dismal is purple glasses.
zombieslayer  
#22 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:53:11 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
why's that?


Because it was. I was there at the Niners game and our QBs were being pounded all game long. I was especially worried about the shot Flynn took late in the game. Hats off to Flynn though, he's one tough kid. I was watching him on the sidelines hoping he wouldn't rip his helmet off and hork, but he managed to keep it together.

Our QBs took a lot more hits than they should have in the preseason. Our OL better step up in the regular season. Cliffy and Tausher are solid, not worried about them. Not worried about Wells either, but he's got to get healthy.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:57:30 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm fine with him using the word "inconsistent" to describe Rodgers in the preseason, although I'd have some arguing points.

I had another Vikings fan call his performance in the preseason as "dismal". :lol: 103.6 passer rating that would've been higher had Francies not let a pass bounce off his chest for an INT. Dismal. :lol:

I'm not worried about Rodgers at all. Our O-line is my main concern. And I want to see our run D step up. Take care of those things and I am looking for 12+ wins this season.


It also would have been lower had the Tennessee CB not screwed up. You can't play the IF game. If the queen had balls she'd be the king. Doesn't make it so...

I wouldn't call Rodger's performance dismal by any means. Especially as the preseason went on. I would call the OL dismal though.


We're going to see a dismal OL all right, but they'll be wearing white jerseys Monday night. You're not at all worried about two ham-an-eggr tackles going up against KGB/Jenkins & Kampmann? I think J Allen should shut his mouth before he watches his gimpy quarterback hauled off on a stretcher.

I'll give you this Nodak, the Vikings place a lot of guys in the Pro Bowl, but they sure don't have much of a trophy case. When they ever find a coach/GM that can figure out why that is: you'll be a team to wrecken with. Until then, the Vikings are amusing.
warhawk  
#24 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:25:24 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
why's that?


Because it was. I was there at the Niners game and our QBs were being pounded all game long. I was especially worried about the shot Flynn took late in the game. Hats off to Flynn though, he's one tough kid. I was watching him on the sidelines hoping he wouldn't rip his helmet off and hork, but he managed to keep it together.

Our QBs took a lot more hits than they should have in the preseason. Our OL better step up in the regular season. Cliffy and Tausher are solid, not worried about them. Not worried about Wells either, but he's got to get healthy.


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.
MassPackersFan  
#25 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:38:10 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm fine with him using the word "inconsistent" to describe Rodgers in the preseason, although I'd have some arguing points.

I had another Vikings fan call his performance in the preseason as "dismal". :lol: 103.6 passer rating that would've been higher had Francies not let a pass bounce off his chest for an INT. Dismal. :lol:

I'm not worried about Rodgers at all. Our O-line is my main concern. And I want to see our run D step up. Take care of those things and I am looking for 12+ wins this season.


It also would have been lower had the Tennessee CB not screwed up. You can't play the IF game. If the queen had balls she'd be the king. Doesn't make it so...

I wouldn't call Rodger's performance dismal by any means. Especially as the preseason went on. I would call the OL dismal though.


We're going to see a dismal OL all right, but they'll be wearing white jerseys Monday night. You're not at all worried about two ham-an-eggr tackles going up against KGB/Jenkins & Kampmann? I think J Allen should shut his mouth before he watches his gimpy quarterback hauled off on a stretcher.

I'll give you this Nodak, the Vikings place a lot of guys in the Pro Bowl, but they sure don't have much of a trophy case. When they ever find a coach/GM that can figure out why that is: you'll be a team to wrecken with. Until then, the Vikings are amusing.


That's an excellent point. Now that you pointed it out, I almost expect Kampman to bury his helmet in T-Jack's spine and tell him that the hit was for Allen.
zombieslayer  
#26 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:45:03 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.


True. And got a chuckle about the Niners needing that. Regular season, we'd pound them into the turf all game long.

However, the first three games, I didn't like the pass protection Rodgers was getting. Game four, Rodgers came in for one play and hit Gregorious for a long TD and came out.
Mike McCarthy is the man at making adjustments. If our OL is shabby, we'll adjust accordingly. Note that that doesn't mean no worries at all, those adjustments may mean not being able to do a lot of things we'd love to see our beloved Packers do with a healthy OL.
warhawk  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 6:44:46 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.


True. And got a chuckle about the Niners needing that. Regular season, we'd pound them into the turf all game long.

However, the first three games, I didn't like the pass protection Rodgers was getting. Game four, Rodgers came in for one play and hit Gregorious for a long TD and came out.
Mike McCarthy is the man at making adjustments. If our OL is shabby, we'll adjust accordingly. Note that that doesn't mean no worries at all, those adjustments may mean not being able to do a lot of things we'd love to see our beloved Packers do with a healthy OL.


Well, in game 3 when we were strapping it on like it was for real Rodgers goes something like 18 for 22 and was sacked once so either the protection was there or Rodgers can complete a pass under pressure. Something some here can't seem to fathom.
NodakPaul  
#28 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 11:32:32 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.


True. And got a chuckle about the Niners needing that. Regular season, we'd pound them into the turf all game long.

However, the first three games, I didn't like the pass protection Rodgers was getting. Game four, Rodgers came in for one play and hit Gregorious for a long TD and came out.
Mike McCarthy is the man at making adjustments. If our OL is shabby, we'll adjust accordingly. Note that that doesn't mean no worries at all, those adjustments may mean not being able to do a lot of things we'd love to see our beloved Packers do with a healthy OL.


Well, in game 3 when we were strapping it on like it was for real Rodgers goes something like 18 for 22 and was sacked once so either the protection was there or Rodgers can complete a pass under pressure. Something some here can't seem to fathom.


Was your OL in game three the same that we will be seeing on Monday (honest question)? For some reason I was under the impression that you have had at least one more injury since then.

EDIT: I checked, and Josh Sitton played in week 3, whereas he has not practiced yet this week and is most likely out.
porky88  
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 2:37:45 AM(UTC)
I say let's bring this topic up after Monday's game.

If Green Bay wins they'll be seen as the team to beat.

Vice versa if Minnesota wins.

Basically we'll know a lot about where the teams stand at the end of Monday Night.
gbpfan  
#30 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 9:04:12 PM(UTC)
i think arod will be fine,he took sacks in the 49ers game and got up i dont think people give him enough credit,not saying he wont have dumb moments but i think he will be better with the ball :icon_smile: we have a good group of guys that can help him when you have talent and q,b can make right choises not run the ball get rid of it which he can do i still like our chances
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Smokey (22-Jul) : After 11 days with no Cable/Internet , I'm pleased to be back !
Porforis (21-Jul) : Misery + Money = Misery
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : He left SIX kids fatherless. He had resources to get help, but sadly felt he was without hope.
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Has not*
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Money has and never will be a measure of happiness. Never.
Cheesey (21-Jul) : Another one kills himself. I don't get it. I guess money doesn't solve it all.
Zero2Cool (20-Jul) : Linkin Park Frontman Chester Bennington, 41, Dead
DarkaneRules (20-Jul) : RIP chester bennington :(
Zero2Cool (15-Jul) : Today's Birthdays: Since69 (52)
Cheesey (11-Jul) : Thanks Yoop! Smokey...I am "aged cheese!"LOL!
yooperfan (11-Jul) : Happy belated Birthday Cheesey
Smokey (10-Jul) : That's Gouda Cheesey ! LOL
Cheesey (10-Jul) : As Groucho Marx once said, "I'm gonna join a club, and beat you with it!"LOL!
Smokey (10-Jul) : Jolly Good Show , Welcome to the Club !
Cheesey (9-Jul) : Thanks guys. Officially a geezer now.
Zero2Cool (9-Jul) : Today's Birthdays: Cheesey (60) , DanJustDan29 (30)
wpr (9-Jul) : Happy birthday cheesey.
Zero2Cool (9-Jul) : Yo Alan!
Zero2Cool (9-Jul) : Today's Birthdays: Cheesey (60)
Smokey (5-Jul) : A good night to "You Tube" an old Football Game !
Smokey (5-Jul) : Lots of rain tonight across the nation !
Smokey (4-Jul) : Hello DoddPower
Smokey (3-Jul) : I recall the 200th as well, it was Spectacular !
Cheesey (3-Jul) : I remember the 200th....doesn't seem that long ago.
Smokey (3-Jul) : Happy 241st Birthday America !
Cheesey (3-Jul) : "Great taste, less filling!"LOL!
Smokey (3-Jul) : Mrs. Guion ? LOL
Cheesey (3-Jul) : I don't know...who hear wants to taste Guion???
Zero2Cool (1-Jul) : Today's Birthdays: Grabacr (29)
Smokey (30-Jun) : Guion did wrong , but he may also have good taste .
Porforis (30-Jun) : Guion probably went out to get something better than meatloaf.
Smokey (30-Jun) : So would you like a metal or a chest to hang it on ?
Zero2Cool (30-Jun) : Stupid emoji. It's not two question marks. It's a winky face!! Guess I need to run this house gooder lol
Zero2Cool (30-Jun) : And I run this house. Understand that. ??
Zero2Cool (30-Jun) : Bahahahhaha basement
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
45m / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

23-Jul / Around The NFL / Smokey

21-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Poppa San

21-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Poppa San

21-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Poppa San

21-Jul / Around The NFL / Poppa San

21-Jul / Around The NFL / Poppa San

19-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

19-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

19-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / isocleas2

19-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

Headlines