Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Packnic  
#21 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:47:18 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm fine with him using the word "inconsistent" to describe Rodgers in the preseason, although I'd have some arguing points.

I had another Vikings fan call his performance in the preseason as "dismal". :lol: 103.6 passer rating that would've been higher had Francies not let a pass bounce off his chest for an INT. Dismal. :lol:

I'm not worried about Rodgers at all. Our O-line is my main concern. And I want to see our run D step up. Take care of those things and I am looking for 12+ wins this season.


It also would have been lower had the Tennessee CB not screwed up. You can't play the IF game. If the queen had balls she'd be the king. Doesn't make it so...

I wouldn't call Rodger's performance dismal by any means. Especially as the preseason went on. I would call the OL dismal though.



Dismal though? inconsistent maybe. dismal is purple glasses.
zombieslayer  
#22 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:53:11 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
why's that?


Because it was. I was there at the Niners game and our QBs were being pounded all game long. I was especially worried about the shot Flynn took late in the game. Hats off to Flynn though, he's one tough kid. I was watching him on the sidelines hoping he wouldn't rip his helmet off and hork, but he managed to keep it together.

Our QBs took a lot more hits than they should have in the preseason. Our OL better step up in the regular season. Cliffy and Tausher are solid, not worried about them. Not worried about Wells either, but he's got to get healthy.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:57:30 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm fine with him using the word "inconsistent" to describe Rodgers in the preseason, although I'd have some arguing points.

I had another Vikings fan call his performance in the preseason as "dismal". :lol: 103.6 passer rating that would've been higher had Francies not let a pass bounce off his chest for an INT. Dismal. :lol:

I'm not worried about Rodgers at all. Our O-line is my main concern. And I want to see our run D step up. Take care of those things and I am looking for 12+ wins this season.


It also would have been lower had the Tennessee CB not screwed up. You can't play the IF game. If the queen had balls she'd be the king. Doesn't make it so...

I wouldn't call Rodger's performance dismal by any means. Especially as the preseason went on. I would call the OL dismal though.


We're going to see a dismal OL all right, but they'll be wearing white jerseys Monday night. You're not at all worried about two ham-an-eggr tackles going up against KGB/Jenkins & Kampmann? I think J Allen should shut his mouth before he watches his gimpy quarterback hauled off on a stretcher.

I'll give you this Nodak, the Vikings place a lot of guys in the Pro Bowl, but they sure don't have much of a trophy case. When they ever find a coach/GM that can figure out why that is: you'll be a team to wrecken with. Until then, the Vikings are amusing.
warhawk  
#24 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:25:24 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
why's that?


Because it was. I was there at the Niners game and our QBs were being pounded all game long. I was especially worried about the shot Flynn took late in the game. Hats off to Flynn though, he's one tough kid. I was watching him on the sidelines hoping he wouldn't rip his helmet off and hork, but he managed to keep it together.

Our QBs took a lot more hits than they should have in the preseason. Our OL better step up in the regular season. Cliffy and Tausher are solid, not worried about them. Not worried about Wells either, but he's got to get healthy.


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.
MassPackersFan  
#25 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:38:10 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm fine with him using the word "inconsistent" to describe Rodgers in the preseason, although I'd have some arguing points.

I had another Vikings fan call his performance in the preseason as "dismal". :lol: 103.6 passer rating that would've been higher had Francies not let a pass bounce off his chest for an INT. Dismal. :lol:

I'm not worried about Rodgers at all. Our O-line is my main concern. And I want to see our run D step up. Take care of those things and I am looking for 12+ wins this season.


It also would have been lower had the Tennessee CB not screwed up. You can't play the IF game. If the queen had balls she'd be the king. Doesn't make it so...

I wouldn't call Rodger's performance dismal by any means. Especially as the preseason went on. I would call the OL dismal though.


We're going to see a dismal OL all right, but they'll be wearing white jerseys Monday night. You're not at all worried about two ham-an-eggr tackles going up against KGB/Jenkins & Kampmann? I think J Allen should shut his mouth before he watches his gimpy quarterback hauled off on a stretcher.

I'll give you this Nodak, the Vikings place a lot of guys in the Pro Bowl, but they sure don't have much of a trophy case. When they ever find a coach/GM that can figure out why that is: you'll be a team to wrecken with. Until then, the Vikings are amusing.


That's an excellent point. Now that you pointed it out, I almost expect Kampman to bury his helmet in T-Jack's spine and tell him that the hit was for Allen.
zombieslayer  
#26 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:45:03 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.


True. And got a chuckle about the Niners needing that. Regular season, we'd pound them into the turf all game long.

However, the first three games, I didn't like the pass protection Rodgers was getting. Game four, Rodgers came in for one play and hit Gregorious for a long TD and came out.
Mike McCarthy is the man at making adjustments. If our OL is shabby, we'll adjust accordingly. Note that that doesn't mean no worries at all, those adjustments may mean not being able to do a lot of things we'd love to see our beloved Packers do with a healthy OL.
warhawk  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 6:44:46 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.


True. And got a chuckle about the Niners needing that. Regular season, we'd pound them into the turf all game long.

However, the first three games, I didn't like the pass protection Rodgers was getting. Game four, Rodgers came in for one play and hit Gregorious for a long TD and came out.
Mike McCarthy is the man at making adjustments. If our OL is shabby, we'll adjust accordingly. Note that that doesn't mean no worries at all, those adjustments may mean not being able to do a lot of things we'd love to see our beloved Packers do with a healthy OL.


Well, in game 3 when we were strapping it on like it was for real Rodgers goes something like 18 for 22 and was sacked once so either the protection was there or Rodgers can complete a pass under pressure. Something some here can't seem to fathom.
NodakPaul  
#28 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 11:32:32 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.


True. And got a chuckle about the Niners needing that. Regular season, we'd pound them into the turf all game long.

However, the first three games, I didn't like the pass protection Rodgers was getting. Game four, Rodgers came in for one play and hit Gregorious for a long TD and came out.
Mike McCarthy is the man at making adjustments. If our OL is shabby, we'll adjust accordingly. Note that that doesn't mean no worries at all, those adjustments may mean not being able to do a lot of things we'd love to see our beloved Packers do with a healthy OL.


Well, in game 3 when we were strapping it on like it was for real Rodgers goes something like 18 for 22 and was sacked once so either the protection was there or Rodgers can complete a pass under pressure. Something some here can't seem to fathom.


Was your OL in game three the same that we will be seeing on Monday (honest question)? For some reason I was under the impression that you have had at least one more injury since then.

EDIT: I checked, and Josh Sitton played in week 3, whereas he has not practiced yet this week and is most likely out.
porky88  
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 2:37:45 AM(UTC)
I say let's bring this topic up after Monday's game.

If Green Bay wins they'll be seen as the team to beat.

Vice versa if Minnesota wins.

Basically we'll know a lot about where the teams stand at the end of Monday Night.
gbpfan  
#30 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 9:04:12 PM(UTC)
i think arod will be fine,he took sacks in the 49ers game and got up i dont think people give him enough credit,not saying he wont have dumb moments but i think he will be better with the ball :icon_smile: we have a good group of guys that can help him when you have talent and q,b can make right choises not run the ball get rid of it which he can do i still like our chances
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : lol coach with jokes MM: "If i don't know tomorrow, they'll be putting Pat McKenzie on IR."
Zero2Cool (18h) : Rod of Airs here to fook you up!
Zero2Cool (18h) : Packers gonna play coy until Saturday night and go SURPRISE BITCHES
Zero2Cool (18h) : Mike McCarthy on Rodgers timetable: "This is in the hands of the experts. ... Let's just wait until the experts make their decision."
Zero2Cool (11-Dec) : You can freaking localize ads too to region. This is NOT hard. Lazy asses.
Zero2Cool (11-Dec) : I think so too, but it's time they get with it. You can have ads in streaming too.
Nonstopdrivel (11-Dec) : You've been able to stream postseason games for a few years now, I think.
Zero2Cool (11-Dec) : last 4 games played, Packers have worst pass efficency, Browns 2nd worst
Zero2Cool (11-Dec) : On @oath @YahooSports and @NFL Apps
Zero2Cool (11-Dec) : Good news for NFL fans: starting with this season’s playoffs you can stream games on your phone. All phones. All carriers. For free. On
Zero2Cool (11-Dec) : Verizon to pay NFL $500 million a year to stream games
beast (11-Dec) : Packers can't catch Eagles so it doesn't directly effect our playoff chances.
Nonstopdrivel (11-Dec) : yoffs?
Nonstopdrivel (11-Dec) : So . . . could in theory be a severe sprain. Which might still sideline him for the rest of the season, but perhaps he'd be back for the pla
Zero2Cool (11-Dec) : That's regarding Carson Wentz
Zero2Cool (11-Dec) : @AlbertBreer Doctors determined with manual test there was damage to ACL, extent unknown until MRI tomorrow.
Zero2Cool (11-Dec) : Read reports that's what is feared and yes, you're right, usually if that's the fear = done
Nonstopdrivel (11-Dec) : MRI would me mostly a formality. He walked off on his own power, so possibly just a sprain? But I doubt it.
Nonstopdrivel (11-Dec) : Provocative tests on scene are pretty sensitive. If they fear his ACL is torn, it probably is.
Zero2Cool (11-Dec) : He has an ACL? I only heard there were running tests ... tomorrow.
Nonstopdrivel (11-Dec) : Depends on which Nick Foles arises from the ashes. If it's the 2013 Foles, Eagles could still be a powerhouse.
gbguy20 (11-Dec) : carson wentz torn acl. is that good or bad for our playoff chances?
nerdmann (10-Dec) : It's definitive, Davante is BETTER than Janis.
Zero2Cool (10-Dec) : can't believe some don't want Adams re-signed... what is wrong with you!!
Zero2Cool (10-Dec) : @WesHod The #Packers turned to Davante Adams several times during the final series and he came through each time. The evolution of a playmak
buckeyepackfan (10-Dec) : Packer Fans will take over Stadium today!
Zero2Cool (10-Dec) : @AaronNagler Packers just took the field to cheers. No Browns fans here to boo yet.
buckeyepackfan (10-Dec) : DILLY DILLY!
Zero2Cool (10-Dec) : Williams though, to answer your question :D
Zero2Cool (10-Dec) : First snap of the day don't mean didly
Zero2Cool (10-Dec) : Starting? who cares?
Zero2Cool (10-Dec) : Browns getting 1st win
dhazer (10-Dec) : who is starting at rb today ?
buckeyepackfan (10-Dec) : Perry innactive! Fackrell & Biegal step up today!
Zero2Cool (10-Dec) : Both undrafted rookies, Lenzy Pipkins and Donatello Brown, are active for the #Packers. They join Randall, House and Hawkins as the active c
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

36m / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

48m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines