Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Packnic  
#21 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:47:18 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm fine with him using the word "inconsistent" to describe Rodgers in the preseason, although I'd have some arguing points.

I had another Vikings fan call his performance in the preseason as "dismal". :lol: 103.6 passer rating that would've been higher had Francies not let a pass bounce off his chest for an INT. Dismal. :lol:

I'm not worried about Rodgers at all. Our O-line is my main concern. And I want to see our run D step up. Take care of those things and I am looking for 12+ wins this season.


It also would have been lower had the Tennessee CB not screwed up. You can't play the IF game. If the queen had balls she'd be the king. Doesn't make it so...

I wouldn't call Rodger's performance dismal by any means. Especially as the preseason went on. I would call the OL dismal though.



Dismal though? inconsistent maybe. dismal is purple glasses.
zombieslayer  
#22 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:53:11 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
why's that?


Because it was. I was there at the Niners game and our QBs were being pounded all game long. I was especially worried about the shot Flynn took late in the game. Hats off to Flynn though, he's one tough kid. I was watching him on the sidelines hoping he wouldn't rip his helmet off and hork, but he managed to keep it together.

Our QBs took a lot more hits than they should have in the preseason. Our OL better step up in the regular season. Cliffy and Tausher are solid, not worried about them. Not worried about Wells either, but he's got to get healthy.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:57:30 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm fine with him using the word "inconsistent" to describe Rodgers in the preseason, although I'd have some arguing points.

I had another Vikings fan call his performance in the preseason as "dismal". :lol: 103.6 passer rating that would've been higher had Francies not let a pass bounce off his chest for an INT. Dismal. :lol:

I'm not worried about Rodgers at all. Our O-line is my main concern. And I want to see our run D step up. Take care of those things and I am looking for 12+ wins this season.


It also would have been lower had the Tennessee CB not screwed up. You can't play the IF game. If the queen had balls she'd be the king. Doesn't make it so...

I wouldn't call Rodger's performance dismal by any means. Especially as the preseason went on. I would call the OL dismal though.


We're going to see a dismal OL all right, but they'll be wearing white jerseys Monday night. You're not at all worried about two ham-an-eggr tackles going up against KGB/Jenkins & Kampmann? I think J Allen should shut his mouth before he watches his gimpy quarterback hauled off on a stretcher.

I'll give you this Nodak, the Vikings place a lot of guys in the Pro Bowl, but they sure don't have much of a trophy case. When they ever find a coach/GM that can figure out why that is: you'll be a team to wrecken with. Until then, the Vikings are amusing.
warhawk  
#24 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:25:24 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
why's that?


Because it was. I was there at the Niners game and our QBs were being pounded all game long. I was especially worried about the shot Flynn took late in the game. Hats off to Flynn though, he's one tough kid. I was watching him on the sidelines hoping he wouldn't rip his helmet off and hork, but he managed to keep it together.

Our QBs took a lot more hits than they should have in the preseason. Our OL better step up in the regular season. Cliffy and Tausher are solid, not worried about them. Not worried about Wells either, but he's got to get healthy.


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.
MassPackersFan  
#25 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:38:10 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm fine with him using the word "inconsistent" to describe Rodgers in the preseason, although I'd have some arguing points.

I had another Vikings fan call his performance in the preseason as "dismal". :lol: 103.6 passer rating that would've been higher had Francies not let a pass bounce off his chest for an INT. Dismal. :lol:

I'm not worried about Rodgers at all. Our O-line is my main concern. And I want to see our run D step up. Take care of those things and I am looking for 12+ wins this season.


It also would have been lower had the Tennessee CB not screwed up. You can't play the IF game. If the queen had balls she'd be the king. Doesn't make it so...

I wouldn't call Rodger's performance dismal by any means. Especially as the preseason went on. I would call the OL dismal though.


We're going to see a dismal OL all right, but they'll be wearing white jerseys Monday night. You're not at all worried about two ham-an-eggr tackles going up against KGB/Jenkins & Kampmann? I think J Allen should shut his mouth before he watches his gimpy quarterback hauled off on a stretcher.

I'll give you this Nodak, the Vikings place a lot of guys in the Pro Bowl, but they sure don't have much of a trophy case. When they ever find a coach/GM that can figure out why that is: you'll be a team to wrecken with. Until then, the Vikings are amusing.


That's an excellent point. Now that you pointed it out, I almost expect Kampman to bury his helmet in T-Jack's spine and tell him that the hit was for Allen.
zombieslayer  
#26 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:45:03 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.


True. And got a chuckle about the Niners needing that. Regular season, we'd pound them into the turf all game long.

However, the first three games, I didn't like the pass protection Rodgers was getting. Game four, Rodgers came in for one play and hit Gregorious for a long TD and came out.
Mike McCarthy is the man at making adjustments. If our OL is shabby, we'll adjust accordingly. Note that that doesn't mean no worries at all, those adjustments may mean not being able to do a lot of things we'd love to see our beloved Packers do with a healthy OL.
warhawk  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 6:44:46 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.


True. And got a chuckle about the Niners needing that. Regular season, we'd pound them into the turf all game long.

However, the first three games, I didn't like the pass protection Rodgers was getting. Game four, Rodgers came in for one play and hit Gregorious for a long TD and came out.
Mike McCarthy is the man at making adjustments. If our OL is shabby, we'll adjust accordingly. Note that that doesn't mean no worries at all, those adjustments may mean not being able to do a lot of things we'd love to see our beloved Packers do with a healthy OL.


Well, in game 3 when we were strapping it on like it was for real Rodgers goes something like 18 for 22 and was sacked once so either the protection was there or Rodgers can complete a pass under pressure. Something some here can't seem to fathom.
NodakPaul  
#28 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 11:32:32 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


I think you can take the 49'r game with a little less concern. That brought about eight guys a play and never did let up. Not something you normally see that early. Now I am sure Mike McCarthy could have called the guys in and fixed it but there were things going into that game he wanted to look at. Usually those early games are played much more straight up then that.

I remember a couple of years ago San Diego did the same thing in game one or two of pre-season. It was a very miserable night for us. I think if we went out there and blitzed 80% of the time early in pre-seaon we could beat up on somebody pretty good. Wouldn't tell the coaches much but hey, the 49'rs got to pound their chest for a week. They probably need that.


True. And got a chuckle about the Niners needing that. Regular season, we'd pound them into the turf all game long.

However, the first three games, I didn't like the pass protection Rodgers was getting. Game four, Rodgers came in for one play and hit Gregorious for a long TD and came out.
Mike McCarthy is the man at making adjustments. If our OL is shabby, we'll adjust accordingly. Note that that doesn't mean no worries at all, those adjustments may mean not being able to do a lot of things we'd love to see our beloved Packers do with a healthy OL.


Well, in game 3 when we were strapping it on like it was for real Rodgers goes something like 18 for 22 and was sacked once so either the protection was there or Rodgers can complete a pass under pressure. Something some here can't seem to fathom.


Was your OL in game three the same that we will be seeing on Monday (honest question)? For some reason I was under the impression that you have had at least one more injury since then.

EDIT: I checked, and Josh Sitton played in week 3, whereas he has not practiced yet this week and is most likely out.
porky88  
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 2:37:45 AM(UTC)
I say let's bring this topic up after Monday's game.

If Green Bay wins they'll be seen as the team to beat.

Vice versa if Minnesota wins.

Basically we'll know a lot about where the teams stand at the end of Monday Night.
gbpfan  
#30 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 9:04:12 PM(UTC)
i think arod will be fine,he took sacks in the 49ers game and got up i dont think people give him enough credit,not saying he wont have dumb moments but i think he will be better with the ball :icon_smile: we have a good group of guys that can help him when you have talent and q,b can make right choises not run the ball get rid of it which he can do i still like our chances
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Cheesey (16m) : Rodgers would have hit open guys. The game plan wouldn't have killed us. Less 3 and outs, and maybe some scores.
beast (53m) : Rodgers wouldn't of abandon attepting to get the ball to Nelson and Adams.
Zero2Cool (1h) : Rodgers with that game plan would have came up short too.
beast (2h) : Yeah the Packers defense got wore out... being on the field so long. Giving longer breathers than 3&out would of helped a lot IMO.
Cheesey (3h) : There wouldn't have been so many 3 and outs, thus keeping our D off the field.
Cheesey (3h) : True, but with the low score we would have had a chance with Rodgers behind center.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Brees is a damn good QB, not giving Capers a pass, not even close.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Saints kicked Packers ass with Rodgers too.
Cheesey (3h) : That's just it. Rodgers needs a DEFENSE as well. And without him, there is NO chance.
beast (4h) : Just fire everyone! Rodgers can do it without them! Hell trade for the healthy Browns players!
Cheesey (6h) : Capers needs to GO. So do players that can't cut it.
Zero2Cool (7h) : Capers presser summed up? INjuries are why we suck. (shut up, coach and adapt)
Zero2Cool (7h) : nearly crapped myself hearing dom capers talk, forgot to close the tab after mccarthy haha
Zero2Cool (7h) : McCarthy said the communication was not good enough on defense yesterday. Injuries in secondary have complicated substitution patterns.
Zero2Cool (7h) : McCarthy again says "I believe in him"... sorry, BS, we saw how you believe in him yesterday.
Zero2Cool (8h) : @The_Green_Gold Highest graded players Kenny Clark & Blake Martinez. It wouldn't be possible to grade an entire defense
Porforis (8h) : Well, it WAS clean until someone 'shouted' in it...
Zero2Cool (8h) : QB Brett Hundley when targeting a WR against Saints: 6-for-15, 54 yards.
Zero2Cool (8h) : clean?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
9m / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

11m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Porforis

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

Headlines