Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:25:56 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
They are babied, catered to and rebuffed with compliment after compliment.

Are you sure you meant "rebuffed"? :D
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:28:36 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

I am going to come out and say I would never want such a thin-skinned, immature quarterback on my team. Thank God Aaron Rodgers handled last off-season's drama with such equanimity. Cutler has flown off the handle at trade rumors. Can you imagine how he would have handled Rodgers' situation?

If you can't take a business transaction without pouting, how are you going to handle yourself in the pocket when the season's on the line?
UserPostedImage
Offline digsthepack  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:30:19 AM(UTC)
digsthepack

Applause Received: 7

What if it were Rodgers?? I would expect the GM to treat him the same way that he, and now the Broncos, have treated their QB who view themselves as being bigger than the organization.....I would ship his ass oof to some football purgatory.

I liked Cutler coming out, but he, and Cook, have proven themselves to be unworthy of any such feelings.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:12:33 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,219

I am reading that people are blasting the Bronco's organization for how they're handling this. Volleying shots here and there and trying to defend themselves and its making them look worse. The funny thing? They're saying the Bronco's need to handle it like the Packers handled Brett last year. SHUT UP and do things outside of the public eye.

PS, I heard Cutler is trying to contact Greta ... anyone confirm this?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:19:39 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

I think that if football was like a family then I'd handle the situation pretty much like McDaniels and co. handled it.

But it's not, and whether Cutler is just being thin-skinned or not, McDaniels has really put himself in a nasty situation, especially for a 32-year-old first-time head coach. We see how fans act all the time on a board like this, and if the Broncos look bad next season the fans will have one hell of a whipping post to work with.

Ideally, Cutler would have sucked it up and played the game. But crap, if the best QB ever can't keep his panties from bunching at every perceived slight, why is anyone surprised at this kid's reaction?

The ideal world versus the real world - in the real world, McDaniels screwed the pooch. He'll either get lucky and get away with it, or it'll screw his career right up.
blank
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:24:27 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

He'll either get lucky and get away with it, or it'll screw his career right up.

The same very well could be said of Cutler as well.
UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:31:04 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

He'll either get lucky and get away with it, or it'll screw his career right up.

The same very well could be said of Cutler as well.

Sure, but it's a player-driven game. Whatever team gets Cutler is bound to be QB-starved, and I'd wager that a vast majority of the fans of that team will welcome him as a hero when he arrives. After that point it's somewhat up to him - if he performs well and somehow manages to quell his innate need to be a whiny little beeyotch, he'll be fine.

Now, if he doesn't play well (and I'm one of those folks who doesn't see it as a given that he will - he's talented, but not the brightest bulb on the tree and his success will depend on what he's got around him to work with) and keeps up the whiny beeyotch act on his new team, then he definitely risks going the way of a Jeff George.

McDaniels is at higher risk of having this haunt him, IMO.
blank
Offline DarkaneRules  
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:31:33 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 355

I am SO happy we already went through our quarterback mess last season and have it behind us. I still don't get the interest the Broncos had in changing the offense around. I was pretty sure their offense was top 5 last year and their defense was close to the worst in the entire NFL.

Say this with me...

"We have our quarterback of the future."

Aah... feels good :)
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:37:41 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Cutler threw for over 4500 yards last year, yet they missed the playoffs. Sounds eerily familiar, doesn't it?

I am thrilled that our management is focusing on DEFENSE this year, which was the Achilles heel of the team last year. Barring some questions on the offensive line, our offense is fairly well set. If we hadn't addressed the defensive problems, however, we'd have found ourselves in the same situation next year. I'm confident we won't.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:48:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,219

We always seem to focus on defense. Then draft WR, QB, QB, RB, TE, OL.

Ted's philosophy from his own words... You can grow an offensive player into something great, and you can find great defensive players in free agency. Meaning he's more apt to pay bigger bucks for defensive players than offensive players in FA and more likely to draft offensively than defensively.

edit, please note this was not quoted, it is not word for word. It's a philosophy Ted has.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed