PackersHome name: vikesrule
Real Name (first only): Nick
Age: Let's just say "Chronologically challenged"
Current City: Rochester, MN
Hometown: Rochester, MN
Occupation: Electrical Engineer
1) How did you choose your screen name?
Kind of lame in hindsight, but just wanted to pick something that would "pee in you cheesehead's cheerios".
Definitely should have went with TJ Rubley.
2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
I grew up in Rochester MN. I am the youngest of five children, and have two brothers and two sisters. I have one son.
3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?
I played the line in football up through my sophomore year, but wasn't that good. So I concentrated on swimming and went to state two years.
Backstroke was my specialty, and I placed in state both years.
4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?
HA! Definitely the girls!
Ah, the days of the mini skirt bring back such fond memories.
5) What was your first job?
Now that is a great job for a teenage guy. Sitting up there in the chair, my cool mirror sunglasses on, watching all the fine nubile young ladies.
6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?
HA, you've got to be kidding me.
I'd rather have my nuts nailed to a tree stump, and be pushed over backwards than be a cheesehead.
Seriously, I've been a Vikings fan since the mid 60's when my Dad took
me to see the Vikings at the old Metropolitan Stadium. Football outside, where it should be.
7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?
Well, the 70's and 80's were pretty good, and then the 2005 Packers season is right up there.
The Vikes knocking the Packers out of the playoffs at the end of the 2004 season, and then watching the Packers go 4-12 in 2005 was sweet!
The Packers 2008 season was pretty good too, 6 -10, gotta love it.
8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?
Well, I remember when Z2C started this place, and I joined to keep an eye on him (shifty character that he is). When I first joined, there wasn't much activity here except for the occasional tumbleweeds blowing through. That, and Z2C "talking" a lot to himself.
Got to hand it to him though, he was persistent and dedicated.
I stay active here because I have learned that, even though most you are cheeseheads, many of you are truly great people. I enjoy the "friendship" and camaraderie. And many are very knowledgeable about football.
9) What other sports teams do you follow?
Other than the Vikings, none really.
10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found
doing with your spare time?
I enjoy golfing a lot. I also spend a good deal of time working with Alcoholic Anonymous. I am a recovering Alcoholic (25+ years).
Most importantly is spending time with my family.
11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?
The first thing that I would do is fire Ted Thompson, and hire Matt Millen.
Then I would fire Mike Mc Carthy and bring back Lindy Infante.
Or perhaps hire Bill Belichick, just to watch pack93z explode.
12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?
None. But I would really like to go there someday. I understand from many who have been to Lambeau, that it is one of the finest football stadiums that there is.
I would truly consider it an honor to go to Lambeau, and sit with some
of you while we watch the Vikings spank the Packers...that would be sweet!
13) What is your worst fear?
Right now, it would be anything bad happening to my son.
Unfortunately, I have already realized a another worst fear.
I lost my wife to cancer 7 years ago. She was truly the light and love
of my life, and even after all these years, there is not a day that
goes by that I do not miss her with all my heart and soul.
I tried dating a few years ago, but that didn't work out well.
So if I were given the choice of foresight, I would take hands down,
having had my wife in my life but losing her, even if it means
spending the rest of my life alone.
14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
Golfing, reading, and I am currently restoring a 1969 Plymouth Road
15) Whats your favorite food?
Tough to top a big porterhouse steak an baked potato!
16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of
In the USA, pretty much all of the 49 states (Wisconsin's not really a
I have been to many of the countries in Asia, a few in Africa and the
But my favorite would have to be Australia.
17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet
in your lifetime?
Move to a tropical island, live off of fish and coconuts, and chase
naked native women.
18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
See # 17
19) Name your favorite 5 [strike]Packers [/strike] Vikings all time and explain the reason for one of them.
20) Up to this date, what is you favorite PackersHome feature or memory?
Favorite PackersHome memory....Hmmmmm....probably exchanging banter with alien lifeforms.
Seriously, it would have to be some the interesting people that I have come to know.
21) My life in a nutshell
1. Typical kid growing up in the 50's and 60's
2. Spent 6 years in the US Navy, one year of it in Vietnam as a Huey
gunship crew chief/ door gunner. And got an AS degree while I was in
3. Worked in commercial Aviation, and got my BSEE degree.
4. Taught Aviation Maintenance Technology at a Community College, and
got a MSEE degree.
5. And now am I am an Electrical Engineer/PE working with laser
systems, machine motion control systems, and HMI's (Human Machine
But of all the ups and downs in my life, I was married to the most
wonderful woman in the world, and had the greatest son that a man
could ask for. And very soon to have wonderful daughter-in-law that
happens to be a cheesehead (no one is perfect..HA!)
22) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.
Well, I've always wondered how anyone could be a Raiders Fan/Packers Fan.
Talk about double whammy...gotta be a masochist
RaiderPride, you're up.