Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheEngineer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 10:47:23 PM(UTC)
I've noticed in some forums that people seem to think Rodgers is quite inaccurate, or otherwise has a weak arm. Now coming out of college that may be true, but it seems Rodgers has really improved both areas. But then he did throw 23 straight completions against USC, if I recall.

But how strong really is his arm? Is it the fact that he has a decent arm but always tries to bullet the ball in, or is it that he now has a pretty strong arm and that's just the way he throws?

However, the thing that excites me the most is how TIGHT his throws are. I don't recall seeing a big 'ole wobbly wounded duck in any of the preseason games. His throws are always so crisp, with such great flight. As long as he continues to get his accuracy up, these throws are going to make the long fade and post routes an excellent option for the foreseeable future.
TengoJuego  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 10:55:51 PM(UTC)
People just love to find anything they can about a player to hold against him. He hasn't even played enough(prior to this pre season) to judge the guy's arm that much. Now as far as the noodle arm and inaccuracy, I think its a bunch of bs. He's obviously not the gunslinger Brett was, but he has some heat on his throws.
tromadz  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:00:40 PM(UTC)
I believe Driver and Jennings said his arm is as strong as Brett's, which is a huge compliment. And I don't think they were just saying it to be nice.
Jacob  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:10:21 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I believe Driver and Jennings said his arm is as strong as Brett's, which is a huge compliment. And I don't think they were just saying it to be nice.


Really? i never read that , can i have a link? not that im doubting the great tromadz i just wanna see it

P.S. When will all be revealed?
millertime  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:24:09 PM(UTC)
DD and GJ call Rodgers "jugs" because he throws nice deep balls just like a jugs machine.
Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:34:29 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
DD and GJ call Rodgers "jugs" because he throws nice deep balls just like a jugs machine.


I read about something where he threw the ball in a garbage can a few times in a row and they mentioned that Brett had some difficulty doing that.
tromadz  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:37:06 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I believe Driver and Jennings said his arm is as strong as Brett's, which is a huge compliment. And I don't think they were just saying it to be nice.


Really? i never read that , can i have a link? not that im doubting the great tromadz i just wanna see it


here ya go:
Quote:
"He has a cannon," wide receiver Greg Jennings said. "We call him the 'Human Jugs Machine.' He throws it like a Jugs machine every time.

"He can make every throw on the football field, and his deep ball is one of the prettiest. Brett had a great deep ball, but Aaron has a beautiful one."

Jennings said there are some throws Rodgers makes that have more velocity than Favre's. As a young receiver, Jennings can only speak about Favre in his later years. "We knew that coming in that Aaron throws a lot harder, so it's not a surprise," the third-year Packer said.

Running the West Coast offense, though, Rodgers isn't asked to go deep much. Favre wasn't either, but it was his nature to do it anyway. Rodgers won't have Favre's flair for the dramatic -- who will? -- but you can see he will bruise a few fingers and hands trying to move the chains out of three- and five-step drops.

"He's just throws hard," wide receiver Donald Driver said. "He's just one of those guys who doesn't have any touch at all. He just throws, and that's a good thing. He's able to get the ball to you when he needs to get it to you."


" said: Go to Quoted Post

P.S. When will all be revealed?


Very soon! Exciting time for me with the Packers season starting monday and "Project Awesome" almost nearing completion. Yay!
Jacob  
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:39:49 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I believe Driver and Jennings said his arm is as strong as Brett's, which is a huge compliment. And I don't think they were just saying it to be nice.


Really? i never read that , can i have a link? not that im doubting the great tromadz i just wanna see it


here ya go:
Quote:
"He has a cannon," wide receiver Greg Jennings said. "We call him the 'Human Jugs Machine.' He throws it like a Jugs machine every time.

"He can make every throw on the football field, and his deep ball is one of the prettiest. Brett had a great deep ball, but Aaron has a beautiful one."

Jennings said there are some throws Rodgers makes that have more velocity than Favre's. As a young receiver, Jennings can only speak about Favre in his later years. "We knew that coming in that Aaron throws a lot harder, so it's not a surprise," the third-year Packer said.

Running the West Coast offense, though, Rodgers isn't asked to go deep much. Favre wasn't either, but it was his nature to do it anyway. Rodgers won't have Favre's flair for the dramatic -- who will? -- but you can see he will bruise a few fingers and hands trying to move the chains out of three- and five-step drops.

"He's just throws hard," wide receiver Donald Driver said. "He's just one of those guys who doesn't have any touch at all. He just throws, and that's a good thing. He's able to get the ball to you when he needs to get it to you."


" said: Go to Quoted Post

P.S. When will all be revealed?


Very soon! Exciting time for me with the Packers season starting monday and "Project Awesome" almost nearing completion. Yay!


One more thing, any future podcasts? i always liked those.
tromadz  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:45:06 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
One more thing, any future podcasts? i always liked those.


There's a good chance future installments will be available here at packershome.com, which is good news.
Greg C.  
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:51:07 PM(UTC)
He threw the ball pretty darn well coming out of college, and by this time last year he was throwing the ball GREAT. I can't wait for the season to start so all of these silly Rodgers myths can come crashing down.
tromadz  
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:54:24 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
He threw the ball pretty darn well coming out of college, and by this time last year he was throwing the ball GREAT. I can't wait for the season to start so all of these silly Rodgers myths can come crashing down.


I hear ya, Greg.

Like I tell the drunks at the bar, the time for talk is over. All the 'this guy sucks' 'this guy is gonna own' and 'this guy is overrated' stuff can come to an end, because we'll see who is what when they step on the field.

And thank the lord. I'm tired of trying to explain to Bears fans why their team sucks and why GB will be fine without Favre. Now I can just tell them "monday, 6pm. Watch it."

This team will show the world!
Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 12:28:12 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Now I can just tell them "monday, 6pm. Watch it."
haha nice... quote of the day, hands down.
all_about_da_packers  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 2:42:13 AM(UTC)
I think I am more worried about Rodgers decision making as opposed to his passing abilities.

He can make the throws, I was most impressed seeing him throw against his body numerous times this pre-season and doing it well.

But if Rodgers can make decisions in the same ball park as Brett then we'll be golden.

I don't expect him to make the exact same decisions, but if he can be closer to Brett in this regard than say an average QB then hot diggity it'll be fun times.
DGB454  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 9:16:28 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I think I am more worried about Rodgers decision making as opposed to his passing abilities.

He can make the throws, I was most impressed seeing him throw against his body numerous times this pre-season and doing it well.

But if Rodgers can make decisions in the same ball park as Brett then we'll be golden.

I don't expect him to make the exact same decisions, but if he can be closer to Brett in this regard than say an average QB then hot diggity it'll be fun times.


I agree with you aadp. His arm and accuracy I believe is great. Experience will help his decision making. I think the first few games may be a little rocky but as the season progresses the decisions making ability will get better and everything will fall into place. I beleive in AR.
longtimefan  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 10:03:31 AM(UTC)
Brett had the fastest release I think i have ever seen ( just like Marino)

Rodgers release is a tad slower, so his passes APPEAR to be slower..

At least that is what I think
Packers_Finland  
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 10:11:52 AM(UTC)
I believe in Harv... A-Rod.
walleye  
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 4:59:00 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
He threw the ball pretty darn well coming out of college, and by this time last year he was throwing the ball GREAT. I can't wait for the season to start so all of these silly Rodgers myths can come crashing down.


I hear ya, Greg.

Like I tell the drunks at the bar, the time for talk is over. All the 'this guy sucks' 'this guy is gonna own' and 'this guy is overrated' stuff can come to an end, because we'll see who is what when they step on the field.

And thank the lord. I'm tired of trying to explain to Bears fans why their team sucks and why GB will be fine without Favre. Now I can just tell them "monday, 6pm. Watch it."

I cant wait till monday when Rodgers and the GREEN AND GOLD rwecking crew proves all the critics and doubters Wrong by :physassult: :physassult: the ViQueens!!
hurry up monday night football!!! are you ready HELL YEA bring it!

This team will show the world!
Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 9:18:38 AM(UTC)
I think once Rodgers gets comfortable, he will be fine. I think the early preseason, he wasn't so comfortable, tried to "think" too much on the field, instead of just reacting.
He seems to throw fast and hard, so I'm not worried.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Hundley attempted only four throws that traveled at least 15 yards downfield
Zero2Cool (3h) : Levity. We stinks!
uffda udfa (10h) : Some levity (1 NSFW word) https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/922208193819955200
Zero2Cool (14h) : @PGPackersNews Nelson, Adams and Cobb combined for five receptions. That's a formula for losing.
Zero2Cool (16h) : Do you see them not getting separation?
Cheesey (17h) : I'd like to see our WRs get some separation.
Zero2Cool (17h) : McCarthy protecting Hundley: "Our passing game, we can sit here and pick it apart all we want, but let's just blame it on head coach today."
Zero2Cool (18h) : Brett Hundley: "All I can say is don't write us off."
Zero2Cool (18h) : yinzer is als o 8 - 1 ...nice start dudes
Zero2Cool (18h) : dhazer is 8 - 1 this week so far in pick'em ...dayum
Zero2Cool (21h) : @Michael_Cohen13 Kevin King has been standing on the sideline for a few plays now. #Packers have been rolling with House and Hawkins. Not su
Zero2Cool (22h) : Justin McCray will start at LG today. What a ride for him the last two years. Arena Football League, free agent/unemployed, #Packers starter
yooperfan (22h) : Here we go gang!!!!
Zero2Cool (22h) : WR willie snead OUT
musccy (22h) : no worries...appreciate the pointers to find it.
Zero2Cool (22h) : i couldn't find another alternative so ... no more feed here
Zero2Cool (22h) : ya justin.tv flipped their vision on streaming
musccy (22h) : just did, thanks zero. Used to use Justin...not sure they work anymore
Zero2Cool (22h) : sure is gusty winds here i can hear the wind blowing an rain falling
Zero2Cool (22h) : check the top thread in packers forum section
musccy (23h) : Thanks zero!
Zero2Cool (23h) : http://goatdee.net/ <-- usually has good links
Zero2Cool (23h) : muscy, nerdmann usually has al ink in chat
Zero2Cool (23h) : and the tarp is back on the field
musccy (23h) : dumb question...ways to watch game online? Don't want to wait for game pass tonight
uffda udfa (23h) : Bakh and Bulaga active. Linsley, too. Lane Taylor, Out.
buckeyepackfan (23h) : Looks pretty clear after that
buckeyepackfan (23h) : Radar showing another band of showers probably within the hour.
Zero2Cool (22-Oct) : and now its not raining at all
Zero2Cool (22-Oct) : Right now it's just rain. Not light, not pouring.
buckeyepackfan (22-Oct) : Light showers? Or heavy downpour?
Zero2Cool (22-Oct) : It's raining in Green Bay.
uffda udfa (22-Oct) : @RapSheet just said on NFL Morning the org does NOT expect 12 to return due to significant break.
uffda udfa (22-Oct) : Schefter reporting doctors believe 12 can resume throwing in 6 weeks.
uffda udfa (22-Oct) : Since 2008, Packers 3-7-1 without Aaron Rodgers
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

22m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Porforis

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Porforis

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Porforis

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

Headlines