Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
longtimefan  
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:36:24 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Great read LT and ty for doing it. I know at times it seems like we don't get along but i respect your opinions on things. I feel like you Batman and i'm the Joker. I would be nothing on here without you so please keep up the good work.

I think thats awesome what your doing for the kids, I always want to do it but i think i would be to emotional for them. When it comes to your son best wishes for him and i have no problem hearing about him. I think alot on here would be in agreement that we are family on this site.

So once again thanks for the read and doing it :)

You fell like me Batman? What ya doing feeling Batman up?

Dont worry if I was to go away, there are plenty here that would fill my void for your love :P
IronMan  
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:36:37 PM(UTC)
you should have heard her when I won that Tv from the hog for submitting my football fantasy..

How long did it take you to drink all that Miller Lite?
longtimefan  
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:12:09 PM(UTC)
you should have heard her when I won that Tv from the hog for submitting my football fantasy..

How long did it take you to drink all that Miller Lite?

not to long was only 12 cases :P

UserPostedImage
IronMan  
#24 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:16:35 PM(UTC)
What a beautiful sight. That's a good weekend for Tromadz.
4PackGirl  
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2009 10:40:20 PM(UTC)
great job, jim. i already knew pretty much everything so at least you haven't been "closed off" with me. ;) lol. i think of you & JJ often. usually when my twins are out running around, i think how grateful i am that they are healthy. then inevitably my thoughts turn to JJ. please send him some hugs from me, ok?

your ex is an ungrateful lying bitch...oops did i say that out loud? :D
longtimefan  
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2009 11:05:33 PM(UTC)
great job, jim. i already knew pretty much everything so at least you haven't been "closed off" with me. ;) lol. i think of you & JJ often. usually when my twins are out running around, i think how grateful i am that they are healthy. then inevitably my thoughts turn to JJ. please send him some hugs from me, ok?

Well your not the 1st to say that and not the last LOL

In fact during one of the paternity hearings in the jury chambers she was going on a rant about how if I stopped paying support I better be there all the time to help out..

one of the guardian ad litems looked at her and said..

90% of guys he knows would have been gone years ago..He has stuck by you even tho he knew you cheated not once but twice..You do not have to worry about him being there for the kids..

He also said that he was mad at her and how she has this nasty attitude towards me, she should be thankful

Once he was done I stood up and clapped and told him thank you..

Was waiting for years for someone else to tell her to her face how she screwed up..

I was doing it for years but she never heard me

[size=18]Now get back to posting here..WE MISS YOU[/size]
Pack93z  
#27 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 9:59:19 AM(UTC)
Longtime.. have you PM'd Porky or Wils.. which is up next?

Thanks.
longtimefan  
#28 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 1:36:28 PM(UTC)
Sent porky the template
Formo  
#29 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 8:59:42 PM(UTC)

Well your not the 1st to say that and not the last LOL

In fact during one of the paternity hearings in the jury chambers she was going on a rant about how if I stopped paying support I better be there all the time to help out..

one of the guardian ad litems looked at her and said..

90% of guys he knows would have been gone years ago..He has stuck by you even tho he knew you cheated not once but twice..You do not have to worry about him being there for the kids..

He also said that he was mad at her and how she has this nasty attitude towards me, she should be thankful

Once he was done I stood up and clapped and told him thank you..

Was waiting for years for someone else to tell her to her face how she screwed up..

I was doing it for years but she never heard me

[size=18]Now get back to posting here..WE MISS YOU[/size]

Nice! lol

A few opinions.. Humble, but accurate.. =P

First, one of the biggest problems I have with separated parents is the bad mouthing and trashing that the kids hear. Which is the LAST thing you, as a loving parent, want to do... Trust me. As a kid growing up in a broken home(s), I experienced this. And it has driven a big wedge in my relationship with my mother. We all make mistakes, and sometimes, even unfortunate, it's the best to separate for the better sake of ALL parties involved.. But that's no stinkin' excuse for one parent to degrade/bad mouth/trash the other. ESPECIALLY to the kids or in their presence. You are just ASKING for a messed up child in the future.

I was gonna post another opinion, but it had nothing to do with the topic, so I'll just leave it at this.. lol
Nonstopdrivel  
#30 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:48:57 AM(UTC)
I didn't come from a broken home, yet I couldn't agree with you more, Formo. For most of my life, I bought into my mother's bitching about my father, and grew up essentially hating my father's guts. It wasn't for quite a few years after I left home that I was able to get a more objective picture of the situation. Then I realized I had bought into a one-sided bucket of slop. Regardless of whether the parents are together or not, they should never bitch about each other in front of the children, and NEVER bitch to the children a bout each other. To do is so is so caustic to the children's psyche and to their relationship with their parents, the most precious connection they have.

I refuse to bitch about my wife in front of my kids.
longtimefan  
#31 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:22:51 AM(UTC)
I didn't come from a broken home, yet I couldn't agree with you more, Formo. For most of my life, I bought into my mother's bitching about my father, and grew up essentially hating my father's guts. It wasn't for quite a few years after I left home that I was able to get a more objective picture of the situation. Then I realized I had bought into a one-sided bucket of slop. Regardless of whether the parents are together or not, they should never bitch about each other in front of the children, and NEVER bitch to the children a bout each other. To do is so is so caustic to the children's psyche and to their relationship with their parents, the most precious connection they have.

I refuse to bitch about my wife in front of my kids.

you know when I was married to her I tried to keep it together just for the kids but the constant fighting and abuse ( she used to hit me with things) )got so bad that I decided that the kids shouldn't have to be subjected to that...They should be in a home that isntlike what we were.

I still to this day wonder if that was a mistake and it hurt them more mentally then what they would have witnessed..

Daughter was 6 and son was 3 at the time ileft.
Nonstopdrivel  
#32 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:34:00 AM(UTC)
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in necessarily "staying together for the kids" -- and I actually believe it's quite healthy for children to be able to see that their parents can disagree and fight yet still love each other and be able to live together. My wife's grandparents used to always go to a private room away from the kids when they needed to fight; I think that can send the wrong message: that conflict in a marriage is to be avoided at all costs.

What I'm talking about is something much different. I'm talking about overtly attacking and running down your spouse to your children. "Your father is such an asshole, he's good for nothing, he doesn't love me like he should, he never cares about what I want," etc. etc. etc., ad nauseum. I used to hear that shit from my mother every single day (and I still would had I not stood my ground and ordered her to shut up). THAT is what I think is so damaging -- giving your children a one-sided, negative view of their other parent. Let your child make up his own mind and keep your negative opinions to yourself. Let your child grow up to love his parents, because bitterness against parents is so damaging and can last a lifetime. I still struggle with it against my father, and I KNOW that most of the stuff I was fed was half-truths and outright lies.

I just realized that I'm essentially running my parents down behind their backs -- in a public venue no less -- which makes me no better than they. I'll shut up now.
longtimefan  
#33 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 12:10:49 PM(UTC)
o yes...that happened..

In fact she would say things like, your so damn stupid...your lucky your married ot me, no other girl would want you cuz of how ugly you are

she was a winner
Cheesey  
#34 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:20:46 PM(UTC)
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in necessarily "staying together for the kids" -- and I actually believe it's quite healthy for children to be able to see that their parents can disagree and fight yet still love each other and be able to live together. My wife's grandparents used to always go to a private room away from the kids when they needed to fight; I think that can send the wrong message: that conflict in a marriage is to be avoided at all costs.

What I'm talking about is something much different. I'm talking about overtly attacking and running down your spouse to your children. "Your father is such an asshole, he's good for nothing, he doesn't love me like he should, he never cares about what I want," etc. etc. etc., ad nauseum. I used to hear that shit from my mother every single day (and I still would had I not stood my ground and ordered her to shut up). THAT is what I think is so damaging -- giving your children a one-sided, negative view of their other parent. Let your child make up his own mind and keep your negative opinions to yourself. Let your child grow up to love his parents, because bitterness against parents is so damaging and can last a lifetime. I still struggle with it against my father, and I KNOW that most of the stuff I was fed was half-truths and outright lies.

I just realized that I'm essentially running my parents down behind their backs -- in a public venue no less -- which makes me no better than they. I'll shut up now.

Nonstop.....don't feel that way.
Your words here just might "wake up" someone to what they are doing, and make them stop damaging their children.
You have shown in your own life situation what damage it can do to a child, and if even ONE person reads your comments and stops what they are doing, or thinking of doing, you have done a GREAT thing.
I don't have any children......one of the things i regret the most. I think i would have made a GREAT Dad.
And i was lucky.......my parents NEVER argued in front of us kids. But i have seen the damage that kids that were not as lucky as me have had to endure.
longtimefan  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:56:39 PM(UTC)
as I mentioned b4, one of my favorite bands is Northern Room..
They are local and great bunch of guys..

One of their songs was played on MTV the Hills last night.
zombieslayer  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:49:24 PM(UTC)

Agreed.

That ***** pissed me off.

Great read, Jim. I was a big fan of Eddie Lee Ivory, and he had a lot of potential but our OL at the time sucked. He and Dickey used to get banged around a lot more than they should have.

So you actually saw the 52-3 NO game. Nice. Would have loved to have been there. That showed the world that despite being 1-3, we were a good football team. Then it was just one injury after another. Urgh. Such a painful year.

Prime rib? Definitely one of my faves as well.
longtimefan  
#37 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2009 9:32:49 PM(UTC)

Agreed.

That ***** pissed me off.

Great read, Jim. I was a big fan of Eddie Lee Ivory, and he had a lot of potential but our OL at the time sucked. He and Dickey used to get banged around a lot more than they should have.

So you actually saw the 52-3 NO game. Nice. Would have loved to have been there. That showed the world that despite being 1-3, we were a good football team. Then it was just one injury after another. Urgh. Such a painful year.

Prime rib? Definitely one of my faves as well.

Might be changing to any type of chicken dish!!

I was at the spot where Al? intercepted and ran it back he jumped in my end zone for the NO game

but I was in the bathroom at the time :(
zombieslayer  
#38 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 3:13:24 PM(UTC)
Well, now you know, next time pee in a bottle.
Rss Feed