Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
12 Pages<1234>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:13:40 PM(UTC)
Hello my name is "Kevin" AKA "SlickVision". I like long walks in the rain, Mellow Rock and soft porn.
Oops wrong website. :-$
Pack93z  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:15:47 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Hello my name is "Kevin" AKA "SlickVision". I like long walks in the rain, Mellow Rock and soft porn.
Oops wrong website. :-$


You forgot the 'other' AKA.. :lol:
dd80forever  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:20:16 PM(UTC)
I like this place and as much as I bicker with all you I do respect the majority of the people that post here. I like it because Zero allows differing viewpoints and doesn't seem to be on a power trip to suspend members who disagree with him.
wpr  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:27:19 PM(UTC)
Actually I too was at the "other" website and followed everyone over here.

I like the members there is a good mix of levity and information passed out here.
I have an account set up at a different sight that will remain nameless. *cough* P@-k-r Ch@t-rs *cough*. While they have excellent posters over there as well, I find some of their posts to be rather long dissertations. I just don't have the time to read a 800 word post and all the replies to why GB should mow the grass north and south instead of east and west.

I come here not because our posters are less informed, they just seem to get to the point a little quicker.

Unlike others who will post on several sites I wanted only one place to call home. I spend a little time on a baseball site and a college basketball site as well.

Some sites allow a lot of trash talking. I don't want to deal with that. I don't mind people having a difference of opinion but I hate it when name calling runs the site. Kevin and the mods do an excellent job of keeping this to a minimum.
And of course we have the Cheese Meister here. Alas if he were only exclusive to us.
Pack93z  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:27:29 PM(UTC)
First and foremost I am a football addict.. I swear I have a little pigskin DNA embedded within me.

The reason I spend my time here for the most part is first and foremost the members here.. from the diehard football posters to the blended ones that speak about football and everything else.

I am an observer of personalities outside of the web.. and apply that here.. much like RP's comment.. I absorb what makes people tick and how they apply that to football and discussions.. from the hyper to the mellow.. the passive to the aggressive.. it is much like the X's and O's within the game.. the game within the game.

The board and layout are organized and maintained well.. but it is the members that make it tick and stay breathing..

In the world outside of the net, I am generally on the reserved side, observing more so.. here I am somewhat the opposite.. mainly because I can learn about people and speak as well and it revolves around football.. it is my personal nirvana.
wpr  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:29:31 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Hello my name is "Kevin" AKA "SlickVision". I like long walks in the rain, Mellow Rock and soft porn.
Oops wrong website. :-$


You forgot the 'other' AKA.. :lol:


I know I was in a hurry and left it off. At work you know. MY secretary just headed off on vacation so I actually have to do real work. :mad:
Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:04:48 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I like this place and as much as I bicker with all you I do respect the majority of the people that post here. I like it because Zero allows differing viewpoints and doesn't seem to be on a power trip to suspend members who disagree with him.


lol if we did that, I'd be talking to myself. Where's the fun?
Trippster  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:12:37 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Hello my name is "Kevin" AKA "SlickVision". I like long walks in the rain, Mellow Rock and soft porn.
Oops wrong website. :-$


Soft? What the matter with you!? :cyclopsani:
wpr  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:20:02 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Hello my name is "Kevin" AKA "SlickVision". I like long walks in the rain, Mellow Rock and soft porn.
Oops wrong website. :-$


Soft? What the matter with you!? :cyclopsani:


Kevin is just a mellow kind of a guy I guess. :-k
vegOmatic  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:21:43 PM(UTC)
I'm here because it's not Packer Chatters or CheeseheadTV. :p
Rockmolder  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:34:41 PM(UTC)
I have to admit, I came here only for the stream at first. I did register, but I didn't post at all. I started posting here halfway through last season though and since then I've learned a lot. Most of what I know, really.

I keep coming back here mainly because of the people, some great discussions and people that don't mind what you say or post and how you post it, as long as it's decent. (Big thing, for me as a foreigner).

I made some great friends here, really getting to know some people better. Foster-Dave, Pack93z, Dhazer-Dave, the rest of the Daves, Vikesrule, Raiderpride and many more who I can't possibly all mention. If it wasn't for them, there's no way I'd be on here as often as I am.

The discussions are great, like a lot of people said already, you can post what you want. There's no censorship and I like that. And you don't mind any foreigners expressing their thoughts in some lesser English or who just have totally different moral standards or so.

Oh yeah, and I have no one else to discuss football with over here.

And that's just some of the things.
wpr  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 4:33:10 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I have to admit, I came here only for the stream at first. I did register, but I didn't post at all. I started posting here halfway through last season though and since then I've learned a lot. Most of what I know, really.

I keep coming back here mainly because of the people, some great discussions and people that don't mind what you say or post and how you post it, as long as it's decent. (Big thing, for me as a foreigner).

I made some great friends here, really getting to know some people better. Foster-Dave, Pack93z, Dhazer-Dave, the rest of the Daves, Vikesrule, Raiderpride and many more who I can't possibly all mention. If it wasn't for them, there's no way I'd be on here as often as I am.

The discussions are great, like a lot of people said already, you can post what you want. There's no censorship and I like that. And you don't mind any foreigners expressing their thoughts in some lesser English or who just have totally different moral standards or so.

Oh yeah, and I have no one else to discuss football with over here.

And that's just some of the things.


Foreigner? Really? I didn't think you would be that old. Rock on!

UserPostedImage
Rockmolder  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 4:57:00 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I have to admit, I came here only for the stream at first. I did register, but I didn't post at all. I started posting here halfway through last season though and since then I've learned a lot. Most of what I know, really.

I keep coming back here mainly because of the people, some great discussions and people that don't mind what you say or post and how you post it, as long as it's decent. (Big thing, for me as a foreigner).

I made some great friends here, really getting to know some people better. Foster-Dave, Pack93z, Dhazer-Dave, the rest of the Daves, Vikesrule, Raiderpride and many more who I can't possibly all mention. If it wasn't for them, there's no way I'd be on here as often as I am.

The discussions are great, like a lot of people said already, you can post what you want. There's no censorship and I like that. And you don't mind any foreigners expressing their thoughts in some lesser English or who just have totally different moral standards or so.

Oh yeah, and I have no one else to discuss football with over here.

And that's just some of the things.


Foreigner? Really? I didn't think you would be that old. Rock on!

UserPostedImage


Freakin' old people jokes. :physassult:
wpr  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:00:51 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I have to admit, I came here only for the stream at first. I did register, but I didn't post at all. I started posting here halfway through last season though and since then I've learned a lot. Most of what I know, really.

I keep coming back here mainly because of the people, some great discussions and people that don't mind what you say or post and how you post it, as long as it's decent. (Big thing, for me as a foreigner).

I made some great friends here, really getting to know some people better. Foster-Dave, Pack93z, Dhazer-Dave, the rest of the Daves, Vikesrule, Raiderpride and many more who I can't possibly all mention. If it wasn't for them, there's no way I'd be on here as often as I am.

The discussions are great, like a lot of people said already, you can post what you want. There's no censorship and I like that. And you don't mind any foreigners expressing their thoughts in some lesser English or who just have totally different moral standards or so.

Oh yeah, and I have no one else to discuss football with over here.

And that's just some of the things.


Foreigner? Really? I didn't think you would be that old. Rock on!

UserPostedImage


Freakin' old people jokes. :physassult:


Sorry. I hope to do better. :blackeye:
Tezzy  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:18:30 PM(UTC)
I've been for the most part just a forum lurker, started at PF and followed the wave like most did. Eventually PackersHome.com showed up in my Chrome start-up screen and ended up being the forum I visit the most. The constant activity is what keeps me reading every day. During the season the game day chat room can't be beat. Also enjoy seeing other members of this forum being involved in other teams' forums.

I have a feeling I'll be less of a lurker this season and start getting a little dirty in here. Recently I moved into enemy territory and now am pummeled with Bears local media 24/7. With the recent Cutler orgasm that happened to the entire Chicago media I have a feeling this season will be more energized for me than it has been in years (was in Iowa the last 10 years, not exactly the pro-sport capital). It's got me fired up and even prouder to be a Packer fan since my days of obstructed view seats at County. Go Pack Go
zombieslayer  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:20:53 PM(UTC)
WPR - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I got this image in my head of Rock singing "I'll be waiting...for a girl like you" in a Dutch accent.
wpr  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:28:15 PM(UTC)
Here is your 1st applause points Tezzy. Welcome Home.
I know what it is to live in Bear Country.
Nonstopdrivel  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:06:05 PM(UTC)
Rock and I came to this site the same day. I wonder if we were in the same Justin.tv chat room, frustrated with a frozen feed, when someone spilled the beans about the access code for the private PackersHome.com feed, which is how I found this place.

Why did I stay? Well, when you consider the owner of this forum idolizes Brett Favre, yet made an outspoken Favre detractor a mod anyway, that gives you an idea of the caliber of this place.
mkapp  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:19:18 PM(UTC)
I was a baseball fan growing up in LA. My cousins in WI were die hard Twins fans so I would send them any Twins baseball cards I had. They sent me Packers stuff. So when we moved to Arizona and there was no baseball, football was the next best thing. Problem was - the Cards suck. So I started to follow the Packers whenever I could. As I got older, football became more and more of a passion. I eventually found the PF site and read posts every now and again. While I read the site almost every day to get my fill of Packer news, I also began to know the people and their personalities. That is what really hooked me. The camaraderie and knowledge of the people made the site great. Getting others perspectives from folks that live both near and far to the team is great. I am now one of a small handful of Packers fans that I know in Boise, ID and this was the best source of info. Then PF went to crap when the new owner came in. I tried to go with the flow for a few weeks, but missed the people that I "knew" so well. Finally found them over here. Love the site. Gameday chat is awesome (when I can sit and chat with everyone). I read the "Lets Talk Green Bay Packers" forum at least once a day. I dont post a ton unless I find a new article to share. I try to stay away from stating too much opinion because its just that - my opinion and I dont care if people agree or not with it. Plus I rarely have the time to devote to an online argument.

So to everyone: Thanks for your continual info, rants/raves, thoughts and perspectives. You all truly keep me laughing and cursing as I read your posts.
Dulak  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:33:31 PM(UTC)
Where I live at in london there are no football fans (ya kicking a ball around with your feet isnt real football ;)

So being the good american that I am I wanted to share with people part of me and that is american football. I think being far away from home and being in a land where noone talked about football created a bigger desire for me to conect with my roots. Wasnt always a packers fan and I wasnt always a footnball fan.

Cant remember how I found this site ... a link? or a google search ...
I enjoy the topics and posts here

Thanks for having me
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
12 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : With pick #14, @CFD22 has the @Packers selecting UTSA DE Marcus Davenport.
Porforis (7h) : He'll probably resort to buying and using Chicago Bears tickets.
Smokey (9h) : Restrict Zero's toilet paper !
buckeyepackfan (9h) : You gonna withhold your monthly dues until Zero gets the schedule posted Smokey? Lol
Smokey (12h) : Zero, please post the new 2018 Packers Schedule. Thank You
Smokey (18h) : DRAFT "CHAT" this Thursday night !
gbguy20 (20-Apr) : you're probably right
TheKanataThrilla (19-Apr) : I was thinking Dez gbguy20
gbguy20 (19-Apr) : Bmarsh cut. preparing for obj extension?
Zero2Cool (19-Apr) : Week 1: at Packers — Sept. 9 (SNF)
Cheesey (19-Apr) : I don't know. I don't have HBO. I only have regular BO.
Smokey (19-Apr) : Who is HBO's 2018 "Hard Knocks" team ?
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Jimmy Graham on choosing Packers -- Why Green Bay instead of New Orleans? "#12 is hungry
DarkaneRules (17-Apr) : When he talked about missing guys he didn't mentioned Greg Jennings :)
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : it won't though. thus, off-season = hate season
gbguy20 (17-Apr) : these quotes from arod should shut people up
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Jimmy Graham on whether he's still the same Jimmy Graham: "I'm still 6-foot-7 and still run a 4.55 (40)."
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : TE Jimmy Graham said he turned down a lot of money to sign with a team he said he feels can win it all. “12 is hungry,” he said.
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Aaron Rodgers on potential extension with Packers: "There's interest on both sides in getting something done"
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "You have to trust the process. And the process works." Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool (15-Apr) : I think Barkley would be crazy good with Aaron Rodgers.
porky88 (15-Apr) : If the Packers trade into the top 10, I think it's for Saquan Barkley.
buckeyepackfan (15-Apr) : Lololol
buckeyepackfan (15-Apr) : Need to use this statement "The Packers have wasted enough years of AR's career"
TheKanataThrilla (14-Apr) : New GM with a new qb. History repeats.
TheKanataThrilla (14-Apr) : I had that fuck that idea about Rodgers..turns out I was wrong.
gbguy20 (14-Apr) : fuck that idea.
TheKanataThrilla (14-Apr) : Rosen?
Nonstopdrivel (14-Apr) : An unnamed source told Daniel Jeremiah the Packers will trade into the top ten to snag a quarterback.
Zero2Cool (13-Apr) : The #Cowboys have released WR Dez Bryant, source said. It’s done.
Zero2Cool (13-Apr) : Sources: Cowboys expected to release Bryant The Cowboys, who are meeting with Dez Bryant on Friday, plan on "moving on" and release the star receiver, sources told ESPN
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Today's Birthdays: ThePrey (29)
Nonstopdrivel (11-Apr) : I'm easily offended.
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : but, if you're easily offended, stay the hell out
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : for some good laughs, read Let's Offend Everyone! in The Back Alley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2018 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 9 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 16 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 23 @ 12:00 PM
Redskins
Sunday, Sep 30 @ 12:00 PM
BILLS
Sunday, Oct 7 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Monday, Oct 15 @ 7:15 PM
49ERS
Sunday, Oct 28 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Nov 4 @ 7:20 PM
Patriots
Sunday, Nov 11 @ 12:00 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Nov 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Sunday, Nov 25 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Dec 2 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Dec 9 @ 12:00 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Dec 16 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Dec 23 @ 12:00 PM
Jets
Sunday, Dec 30 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

20-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

20-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

16-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

15-Apr / Around The NFL / Cheesey

13-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

Headlines