Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DarkaneRules  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:44:48 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 327

Desperate teams always seem to throw all their cards out on the table during the pre-season. That is why the Lions went 4-0.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Greg C.  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 7:21:28 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Desperate teams always seem to throw all their cards out on the table during the pre-season. That is why the Lions went 4-0.

Exactly.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:18:02 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I think Rodgers riding the pine helped him be a better QB. I think throwing a QB in the fire right away is wrong.

Agreed. There are many more examples of you being correct than not being correct.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline brnt247  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:09:10 PM(UTC)
brnt247

For the great players, you don't always need those few years. For players like Smith, Carr, Hasselbeck, Brunell, or Rodgers, you probably do need those years to prepare. Who knows what any of them would have done if they had been used differently. If Hasselbeck, Brunell, or Rodgers were to start as a rookie there's a chance that none of them would have been productive NFL quarterbacks, and if Carr and Smith had time to learn the NFL without being thrown to the wolves, they could end up being solid QB's just like the aforementioned.
blank
Offline warhawk  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 5:05:39 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 215

I think Rodgers riding the pine helped him be a better QB. I think throwing a QB in the fire right away is wrong.

Agreed. There are many more examples of you being correct than not being correct.

I think the best thing turned our for Rodgers and probably most often would with others as well but the pressure to get that high pick in there, when they were selected by bad teams in the first place, ruins many QB's.

How many rookie QB played well on BAD football teams. Not many.
When he was chosen we were NOT a good football team. Plus, a young QB starting on a young team would more than likely spell disaster.

He was not ready physically. His arm wasn't nearly where it is today nor is his delivery which was horrendous back then. His body wasn't in the kind of shape it is today either. He looked a little on the slender side when he first got here and just didn't look like he could hold up for a whole season.

If Rodgers was put in the same position as Smith we would more than likely be talking about TWO QB's that didn't turn out. The problem with Smith is his confidence has taken a huge hit and Arod now has something to build from. Two guys going in opposite directions from the mental side of the issue.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 11:14:08 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

I also think Rodgers got into the perfect situation. He's settled in with a good coaching staff where Smith has had a new cordinator each year. Rodgers got to learn for 3 years from one of the greatests QB's while Smith was thrown in with a pretty poor team. Who knows what it would of done to Aaron's confidence he had to break in all those rookie linemen and play the year all our offensive players were hurt. Even though it was tough to wait Rodgers was lucky to fall into the perfect situation but in the end he still is the one to get the credit I say
Rss Feed