Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackerTraxx  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 11:35:13 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

Great Win, which is all that really matters.

But, man have the coaches got some things to clean up. I'm amazed we could win with that many penalties and points taken off the board.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Sponsor
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 11:36:44 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 9
Applause Received: 67

The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Online doddpower  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 11:38:47 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,957
Applause Received: 469

A very frustrating game to say the least.

In my opinion, we pretty much dominating the game, yet we allowed them to stay in the game until the end. Reminds me a lot of the first game of last year. Sloppy game, great help from our special teams.

It's comforting to know that we are only going to improve. As sloppy as we looked, we still looked pretty damn good.

Jackson looked pretty slow, indecisive, timid, and week. Grant is obviously way better. I could tell he was getting winded easily tonight. We need to get him in shape.

Bring on the Lions!!
Offline Packerchick  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 11:40:20 PM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 600
Applause Received: 27

A game that Aaron will remember. I hope Brett was watching proudly. So great to see Aaron make his first Lambeau Leap. Its a beautiful day in Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood.
I am a woman and I love football.
Offline PackerTraxx  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 11:54:41 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
A very frustrating game to say the least.

In my opinion, we pretty much dominating the game, yet we allowed them to stay in the game until the end. Reminds me a lot of the first game of last year. Sloppy game, great help from our special teams.

It's comforting to know that we are only going to improve. As sloppy as we looked, we still looked pretty damn good.

Jackson looked pretty slow, indecisive, timid, and week. Grant is obviously way better. I could tell he was getting winded easily tonight. We need to get him in shape.

Bring on the Lions!!

Man you said it. A really tough game to watch. I'll be interested to see the stats as to how many first downs the Vikes had the second half. It seemed we kept making great plays and they kept getting first downs. We should have won by more and won more easily but the plus side is it should be a great game to grow on especially for the young players.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline packedhouse02  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 12:17:52 AM(UTC)
packedhouse02

Rogers made all the right plays We had some nice runs and some nice catches. The defense did what they did last year, they play dominantly at times and like wuses at other times. The linebacker play was awful. If Barnett stays home Jackson doesn't run us silly. He played awful. The special teams were by and large pretty good. On the downside we had too many penalties. Tauchers penalty at the end of the game almost did us in. Barnett's play was disgusting. Other than that, it was a great win.

I loved how Rogers didn't try and make the great play, just make the right play.
blank
Offline longtimefan  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:49:06 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

From my seats it was GREAT..

On 2 of Rodgers runs i think he took off to early, instead of passing it..I know the 1st longer run he had, I CLEARLY saw 2 wr's ( Jennings and Driver ) break a pattern off and they were both WIDE open 20 yards down.. but Rodgers ran it..

Still made the 1st but it appeared that he was set to run on those few occasions to get the credit for himself..

Just my thinking...
Offline tromadz  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:55:20 AM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

On 2 of Rodgers runs i think he took off to early, instead of passing it..I know the 1st longer run he had, I CLEARLY saw 2 wr's ( Jennings and Driver ) break a pattern off and they were both WIDE open 20 yards down.. but Rodgers ran it..

On screen they might have been, but through his eyes they weren't, or he wasn't sure about it for whatever reason. I like that he knows to go to his contingency plan if things aren't good enough(in his eyes).

With that said, they'll watch the film, and if Mike McCarthy sees what you seen, it'll be drilled into him.

Still made the 1st but it appeared that he was set to run on those few occasions to get the credit for himself..

Just my thinking...

That's just silly talk.
Offline longtimefan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 3:05:13 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Received: 21

On screen they might have been, but through his eyes they weren't, or he wasn't sure about it for whatever reason. I like that he knows to go to his contingency plan if things aren't good enough(in his eyes).

With that said, they'll watch the film, and if Mike McCarthy sees what you seen, it'll be drilled into him.

Just my thinking...

That's just silly talk.

From MY SEATS..Meaning I was at game and watched them get open..so wasn't from the screen...

It's just a theroy of mine that he wanted to give it an extra 200% to do stuff on his own to just shut people up..

And I didnt go into this game thinking that, just sort of thought about it after seeing the 2nd run of his when players were open..I also think if this is the case he only wanted to do it in THIS game

It does sound silly, but it also sound logical, or so i thought?
Offline tromadz  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 3:09:57 AM(UTC)
tromadz

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

Just my thinking...

That's just silly talk.

From MY SEATS..Meaning I was at game and watched them get open..so wasn't from the screen...

gotcha.
Offline BangTheDrum  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 5:08:37 AM(UTC)
BangTheDrum

the o line was horrendous... and lost me a fantasy matchup...
UserPostedImage

Ba da da, Ba dadada GO PACK GO
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 7:14:00 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 295
Applause Received: 411

I'll start with the announcers....it was probably kornhole who said, after they showed a comparison of BF first game and Aaron Rodgers first game, that it was what the Packer fans were going to want to see every game.
IMHO that is crap, IMHO the 2008 season is here for real and most Packer fans are not going to worry about what Brett did, they are just concerned about the play of the 2008 Green bay Packers!!!!

Those of us who want to keep track of Brett will do so, to continuously shove the comparisons down the throats of all Packer fans is stupid and hopefully these clowns will realize this sooner than later.

Now to the game.

After getting off to a shaky start, Congratulations to AR, he played a solid game. Got his first win as a starter, and showed a lot of leadership.

I was dissapointed with the way the coaches sat on the ball at the end of the 1st half, letting the clock run down, instead of letting the offense try to get closer or even score a td, there were 25 seconds and The Pack still had a timeout. Really hurt when the FG attempt was blocked.

Then at the end of the game The Packers just sat on the ball instead of trying to make a first down, but the defense came through and got the turnover and the team got the win which is the most important thing.

Too many penalties on the O-line, but nothing that can't be fixed at practice.

The Defense came up with the big play when they needed it. Vikings run game is one of the better they will face, a few big gains had to be expected.

Special teams were the difference in the game!!!!!

It was ugly at times but a win is a win in the end that is all that counts.

On to Detroit and the Tiggers, let's hope the team is focused on Detroit and not looking ahead to Dallas, this(Detroit) is setting up as a classic "trap game", take them one at a time boys and The Pack will be fine.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline Greg C.  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 7:31:30 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Just my thinking...

That's just silly talk.

It's just a theroy of mine that he wanted to give it an extra 200% to do stuff on his own to just shut people up..

And I didnt go into this game thinking that, just sort of thought about it after seeing the 2nd run of his when players were open..I also think if this is the case he only wanted to do it in THIS game

It does sound silly, but it also sound logical, or so i thought?

This is hard for me to believe because QB's get more credit (and better stats) for completing passes than they do for running the ball. When I watch the game a second time, I will look for those receivers getting open. But it is awfully hard to criticize the decision-making of a QB who went 18 for 22.
blank
Offline digsthepack  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 9:34:46 AM(UTC)
digsthepack

Applause Received: 7

Good call on the punter....he buried those guys on the sideline and let coverage do their thing. Special teams truly look special.

Good health to you, Mr. Blackmon.

Jared "all mouth, no game" Allen.....meet Cliffy!

Big grease is damn near immovable.

Rodgers looked wonderful in his first start...we have ourselves a QB.

I had called it before, and was glad to see Mike Montgomery really come into form....inside, outside...didn't matter...he made some noise as did Jenkins. Good on you D line!!

Listening to KFAN (MN sports radio) right now.....oh, the wining and excuse making!! Friggin' hilarious!!

TT, MM...great job!!
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Online IronMan  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 9:44:58 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 41
Applause Received: 69

Then at the end of the game The Packers just sat on the ball instead of trying to make a first down, but the defense came through and got the turnover and the team got the win which is the most important thing.

Yeah that always drives me absolutely crazy. That and "prevent" defense. We should have tried to get one first down in that situation. THEN sit on it. We basically just gave them the ball with 2 minutes left. Yeah our defense came through, but why just GIVE them another chance to score? I have never liked that strategy, and never will.

And no I would not have complained if they would have turned the ball over trying to get the first down. Had that happened, so be it. At least they are trying to get a first down.
Rss Feed