You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline millertime  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 9:53:42 AM(UTC)
millertime

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 887
Joined: 8/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
From my seats it was GREAT..

On 2 of Rodgers runs i think he took off to early, instead of passing it..I know the 1st longer run he had, I CLEARLY saw 2 wr's ( Jennings and Driver ) break a pattern off and they were both WIDE open 20 yards down.. but Rodgers ran it..


AR might have seen his receivers slightly open downfield, but decided to take the sure-fire 10 yard run, instead of the pass which is could easily be off-target, dropped, intercepted, etc.

The QB has got to weigh the risk vs. reward of each decision during the game and only has a split second to do so.

Getting a sure-fire first down is better than risking a 20+ yard pass in a close game.
People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
-Vince Lombardi
Offline longtimefan  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 11:24:40 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Posts: 3,499
Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
From my seats it was GREAT..

On 2 of Rodgers runs i think he took off to early, instead of passing it..I know the 1st longer run he had, I CLEARLY saw 2 wr's ( Jennings and Driver ) break a pattern off and they were both WIDE open 20 yards down.. but Rodgers ran it..


AR might have seen his receivers slightly open downfield, but decided to take the sure-fire 10 yard run, instead of the pass which is could easily be off-target, dropped, intercepted, etc.

The QB has got to weigh the risk vs. reward of each decision during the game and only has a split second to do so.

Getting a sure-fire first down is better than risking a 20+ yard pass in a close game.


Yes I am fully aware of that..but my vantage point I saw the entire field and was wondering WHY..

All your reasons could have been why...He knew he could get 10 yards..

** edit **

Just realized that Brett would have thrown it, might take some getting used to a running q/b now
Offline warhawk  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 11:41:16 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,402
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 161

Other than some stupid penalties on their part the offensive line did a great job. If you remember they were going to get killed by the Vikes "D" line but we give up 0 sacks and 130+ yards running against the best run defense in the business.

The good news is we win while not playing a great overall game against a key opponent.

Rodgers was unbelievable for all the pressure that guy was under and what he did out there. IF the "0" line doesn't take it away he gets another 70+ yards and totals two TD's which would have put him well over a 100 rating for the game.

The "O" line was sloppy and the defense inconsistant at times but Rodgers was steady as a rock.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 11:41:56 AM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 1,094
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Good call on the punter....he buried those guys on

Listening to KFAN (MN sports radio) right now.....oh, the wining and excuse making!! Friggin' hilarious!!



Oh hells yes -- it's the best thing about living here, listening to the FAN after a Pack win. :compress:
blank
Offline warhawk  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 11:50:39 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,402
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 161

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post



Then at the end of the game The Packers just sat on the ball instead of trying to make a first down, but the defense came through and got the turnover and the team got the win which is the most important thing.


Yeah that always drives me absolutely crazy. That and "prevent" defense. We should have tried to get one first down in that situation. THEN sit on it. We basically just gave them the ball with 2 minutes left. Yeah our defense came through, but why just GIVE them another chance to score? I have never liked that strategy, and never will.

And no I would not have complained if they would have turned the ball over trying to get the first down. Had that happened, so be it. At least they are trying to get a first down.


The holding penalty on Tausher takes all that away. Trying to go for it at that point is pure stupidity. That was the WORST penalty of the night because it stops the clock. Otherwise the Vikes get it back with about a minute twenty and no time outs. If you let a team go seventy five yards in that case you deserve to lose.

The Packers made the right call on that series. Had there been another minute on the clock or so you make more of an effort for a first down but they were not anticipating Tausher to make a bone head play and give the Vikes 40 more seconds.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline Pack93z  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 12:17:54 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,600
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 932

What do I think.

I think we won, we can definitely take a lot of things from this game to build upon. But we have a ton of clean up to do this week, granted we play the paper Lions this week, but if we expect to be the playoff team we think we are we better strap on the helmets this week in practice.

Rodgers was excellent for all that was built into this game.

Grant looked good on short reps so far

Hawk was a beast.

Overall the defense played well, bent a little late but a good showing.

Oline needs major OT this week.. if I am Campen and co.. those boys are working the graveyard overtime this week.

For all the talk about BJack.. I was disappointed in him.

Overall a good game on a team that looks scary on paper.. next week will give us a little better gauge to where we are really at, meaning, was alot of the mistakes a forced type thing because of the opposition or were we just the shaky along the oline. I believe somewhere in the middle is probably accurate.


OT - ILikeThePackers39 holy sig batman.. that is a cool sig but a monster in size.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 12:47:31 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 1,094
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
What do I think.


OT - ILikeThePackers39 holy sig batman.. that is a cool sig but a monster in size.



My bad -- I'm net stupid, so I'm not sure how to shrink it. Maybe I'll just yank it for now.
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:04:35 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,600
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 932

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
What do I think.


OT - ILikeThePackers39 holy sig batman.. that is a cool sig but a monster in size.



My bad -- I'm net stupid, so I'm not sure how to shrink it. Maybe I'll just yank it for now.


No dude it is really well done.. just large.. shoot me a PM and I will help you along.

If you did that work yourself, it is very well done.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:14:30 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 1,094
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
What do I think.


OT - ILikeThePackers39 holy sig batman.. that is a cool sig but a monster in size.



My bad -- I'm net stupid, so I'm not sure how to shrink it. Maybe I'll just yank it for now.


No dude it is really well done.. just large.. shoot me a PM and I will help you along.

If you did that work yourself, it is very well done.



Oh, hell no, I didn't make it -- I just found it via a GIS. I can fix your tube amp or re-wire your guitar or something like that, but I can't do graphic design or anything web-related. Call me Luddite.
blank
Offline Tezzy  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:33:56 PM(UTC)
Tezzy

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 979
Joined: 8/21/2008(UTC)
Location: Wayne's Basement

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Good call on the punter....he buried those guys on

Listening to KFAN (MN sports radio) right now.....oh, the wining and excuse making!! Friggin' hilarious!!



Oh hells yes -- it's the best thing about living here, listening to the FAN after a Pack win. :compress:


Don't have to live there to listen, enjoy their crying at http://www.kfan.com
... not gay, but like a Viking. Same difference.
Offline zombieslayer  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 1:37:35 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Yeah that always drives me absolutely crazy. That and "prevent" defense. We should have tried to get one first down in that situation. THEN sit on it. We basically just gave them the ball with 2 minutes left. Yeah our defense came through, but why just GIVE them another chance to score? I have never liked that strategy, and never will.

And no I would not have complained if they would have turned the ball over trying to get the first down. Had that happened, so be it. At least they are trying to get a first down.


Yeah. Forgot about that. That's unlike Mike McCarthy . He's usually much more aggressive. Wonder why he did that.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.388 seconds.