Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rios39  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 7:33:14 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Kinda funny read a comment from a Vikings fan saying that the deep ball he throw was a "duck" that Jennings made a great catch on. Riiiight lol. That was a great throw, otherwise that 2nd safety would have caught up to it.

Rodgers has one hell of an arm, that's one thing I really realized after watching this game.
blank
Offline IronMan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 7:36:04 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 85
Applause Received: 98

Perfect throw, even more perfect catch.

Gregorious > everyone else.
Offline Rios39  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 7:47:00 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

I was jacked when Jennings hauled that one down..Man what a receiver he's developing into.
blank
Offline doddpower  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 7:48:31 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,090
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Kinda funny read a comment from a Vikings fan saying that the deep ball he throw was a "duck" that Jennings made a great catch on. Riiiight lol. That was a great throw, otherwise that 2nd safety would have caught up to it.

Rodgers has one hell of an arm, that's one thing I really realized after watching this game.

It was a great throw, but even a better catch by Jennings. He definitely wanted it more then the other guy.

Rodger's best throw had to be the touchdown to driver that was called back. That was SUCH a pretty play!
Offline IronMan  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 7:50:06 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 85
Applause Received: 98

Rodger's best throw had to be the touchdown to driver that was called back. That was SUCH a pretty play!

Indeed. I was pissed when it was called back, but we won so its all good.
Online Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 8:05:43 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,223

What irony... I'm making the highlight video and just came up to this play. I had to come back to this thread.

He threw that damn thing at the 30 yard line and Jennings caught it at the 5. That's a long throw.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbpfan  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 8:43:45 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

that was a great play i felt if a-rod gets where he cant dunk or somthing that deep ball will be his weapon
Offline Packnic  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 8:53:22 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

What irony... I'm making the highlight video and just came up to this play. I had to come back to this thread.

He threw that damn thing at the 30 yard line and Jennings caught it at the 5. That's a long throw.

yeah zero... i was watching the replay and theres one angle that is pretty far back and it really shows you how far he launched that ball. I keep telling myself that it wasn't a great throw and that Jennings just made a great play. BUT.

upon further review, the only unperfect thing about the throw is that it probably should have been more inside the hash marks than it was. that said it was still in a place that Greg could go get it and the defender would have had to make a great play. When you are throwing a ball that far though, thats really just nit picking.

you know what was really awesome about that game. (besides spanking a division rival and shutting up weeks of smack talk from them) You really got a good look at what everyone keeps saying. Aaron can make every thrown on the field. he threw deep, he threw short, he threw slants, he has a nice ball fake, he places the ball perfectly on curl routes and come backs, and that dart to DD that was called back was a thing of beauty even if it was a smidge high. and the TD pass was visually jarring, still cant believe it was a completion.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 9:28:13 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Sorry to change the subject, but what really impressed me was his scrambling ability. I already knew he could throw the deep ball. That part didn't surprise me.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Cheesey  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 12:26:22 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

Sorry to change the subject, but what really impressed me was his scrambling ability. I already knew he could throw the deep ball. That part didn't surprise me.

Thats what I loved. Anytime Brett ran, he looked like he was running in slo-motion. Rodgers has some WHEELS. Thats something other D's didn't have to worry about. NOW they DO!!! :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed