Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Heatherthepackgirl  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 7:26:17 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:44:17 PM(UTC)
Quote:
Quarterback: A-minus

Considering he had only 37 snaps in the preseason, and that hes playing in a new offense, Favre performed remarkably well. His decision making was good, he committed only one turnover (a fumble on a blind-side strip) and he spread the ball to seven different receivers. He also showed nice mobility in the pocket, dodging pass rushers. His two signature plays were the 22-yard TD heave to Chansi Stuckey and the 56-yard TD bomb to Jerricho Cotchery. There was some luck involved in the Stuckey plan, but Favre had the presence of mind to know it was fourth down, that there was no harm in chucking one into the end zone. The Cotchery pass came on a terrific play fake, causing CB Andre Goodman to bite hard. Afterward, several players said that play-action was set up by the running game. I beg to differ. Before the pass, the Jets had rushed only twice for 10 yards. That TD was all Favre and Cotchery. Truth be told, that pass set up the running game, forcing the Dolphins to drop back, respecting the deep ball. Favre did have a few hiccups. His pass-protection calls werent on point, resulting in two sacks.


Agreed 100%. There were some who said that that throw on 4th and 13 was dumb. Well, anyone saying that is dumb. It's 4th and 13. Get the ball off, get it up and the air, and pray. You have NOTHING to lose. At worst, it gets intercepted in the end zone. At best, it gets caught and it's a TD. Your kicker is injured so it's not like you can take a FG.
Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:04:43 PM(UTC)
Jesus Heather lol ... I think Ed might have to watch you... you might bail on him for Favre :P
Heatherthepackgirl  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:10:39 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Jesus Heather lol ... I think Ed might have to watch you... you might bail on him for Favre :P



LOL....No thank you on Favre, just like to watch him play football is all. Now I would meet him and get an autograph for sure but am in love with only one man.
Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:16:00 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Jesus Heather lol ... I think Ed might have to watch you... you might bail on him for Favre :P



LOL....No thank you on Favre, just like to watch him play football is all. Now I would meet him and get an autograph for sure but am in love with only one man.


Great, now Ed is gonna beat me up. Thanks!!
Heatherthepackgirl  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:51:03 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Jesus Heather lol ... I think Ed might have to watch you... you might bail on him for Favre :P



LOL....No thank you on Favre, just like to watch him play football is all. Now I would meet him and get an autograph for sure but am in love with only one man.


Great, now Ed is gonna beat me up. Thanks!!


Nahhh!! :)
mi_keys  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:39:43 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
Quarterback: A-minus

Considering he had only 37 snaps in the preseason, and that hes playing in a new offense, Favre performed remarkably well. His decision making was good, he committed only one turnover (a fumble on a blind-side strip) and he spread the ball to seven different receivers. He also showed nice mobility in the pocket, dodging pass rushers. His two signature plays were the 22-yard TD heave to Chansi Stuckey and the 56-yard TD bomb to Jerricho Cotchery. There was some luck involved in the Stuckey plan, but Favre had the presence of mind to know it was fourth down, that there was no harm in chucking one into the end zone. The Cotchery pass came on a terrific play fake, causing CB Andre Goodman to bite hard. Afterward, several players said that play-action was set up by the running game. I beg to differ. Before the pass, the Jets had rushed only twice for 10 yards. That TD was all Favre and Cotchery. Truth be told, that pass set up the running game, forcing the Dolphins to drop back, respecting the deep ball. Favre did have a few hiccups. His pass-protection calls werent on point, resulting in two sacks.


Agreed 100%. There were some who said that that throw on 4th and 13 was dumb. Well, anyone saying that is dumb. It's 4th and 13. Get the ball off, get it up and the air, and pray. You have NOTHING to lose. At worst, it gets intercepted in the end zone. At best, it gets caught and it's a TD. Your kicker is injured so it's not like you can take a FG.


You're right. Definitely not a dumb play to get that ball off and it was a good play by Brett. He was however extremely lucky the Dolphins fucked up the coverage as badly as they did cause that should've been knocked down. Skill and luck yields results though.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
TheKanataThrilla (27m) : During the afternoons I tend to get caught up in family routines. I don't mind that for the later rounds.
TheKanataThrilla (29m) : I now take Friday off work. It is a bit annoying, but I do find it fun at night as I can crack a few beers and enjoy. Sucks if they trade out of the first round though.
wpr (8h) : I liked the Sat Sun version.
beast (13h) : HELL YEAH! ... the draft was SOOOO MUCH BETTER in the ol Saturday/Sunday format... only people that I've heard disagree are those that don't really follow the draft and just random get updates on thei
beast (13h) : Key word there is "proven"... not if they're true, but if you can prove it. Jerry Jones said the same thing for Greg Hardy, it wasn't "proven".
Zero2Cool (15h) : Flat out honesty from 49ers GM
Zero2Cool (15h) : John Lynch: “if these charges are proven true, if Reuben did hit this young lady, he won’t be part of our organization moving forward.”
Smokey (15h) : 49ers / Bye Week / Rams
Zero2Cool (17h) : Brian Gutekunst: “Draft was way better when it was Saturday and Sunday.”
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : With pick #14, @CFD22 has the @Packers selecting UTSA DE Marcus Davenport.
Porforis (23-Apr) : He'll probably resort to buying and using Chicago Bears tickets.
Smokey (22-Apr) : Restrict Zero's toilet paper !
buckeyepackfan (22-Apr) : You gonna withhold your monthly dues until Zero gets the schedule posted Smokey? Lol
Smokey (22-Apr) : Zero, please post the new 2018 Packers Schedule. Thank You
Smokey (22-Apr) : DRAFT "CHAT" this Thursday night !
gbguy20 (20-Apr) : you're probably right
TheKanataThrilla (19-Apr) : I was thinking Dez gbguy20
gbguy20 (19-Apr) : Bmarsh cut. preparing for obj extension?
Zero2Cool (19-Apr) : Week 1: at Packers — Sept. 9 (SNF)
Cheesey (19-Apr) : I don't know. I don't have HBO. I only have regular BO.
Smokey (19-Apr) : Who is HBO's 2018 "Hard Knocks" team ?
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Jimmy Graham on choosing Packers -- Why Green Bay instead of New Orleans? "#12 is hungry
DarkaneRules (17-Apr) : When he talked about missing guys he didn't mentioned Greg Jennings :)
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : it won't though. thus, off-season = hate season
gbguy20 (17-Apr) : these quotes from arod should shut people up
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Jimmy Graham on whether he's still the same Jimmy Graham: "I'm still 6-foot-7 and still run a 4.55 (40)."
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : TE Jimmy Graham said he turned down a lot of money to sign with a team he said he feels can win it all. “12 is hungry,” he said.
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Aaron Rodgers on potential extension with Packers: "There's interest on both sides in getting something done"
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "You have to trust the process. And the process works." Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool (15-Apr) : I think Barkley would be crazy good with Aaron Rodgers.
porky88 (15-Apr) : If the Packers trade into the top 10, I think it's for Saquan Barkley.
buckeyepackfan (15-Apr) : Lololol
buckeyepackfan (15-Apr) : Need to use this statement "The Packers have wasted enough years of AR's career"
TheKanataThrilla (14-Apr) : New GM with a new qb. History repeats.
TheKanataThrilla (14-Apr) : I had that fuck that idea about Rodgers..turns out I was wrong.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2018 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 9 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 16 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 23 @ 12:00 PM
Redskins
Sunday, Sep 30 @ 12:00 PM
BILLS
Sunday, Oct 7 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Monday, Oct 15 @ 7:15 PM
49ERS
Sunday, Oct 28 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Nov 4 @ 7:20 PM
Patriots
Sunday, Nov 11 @ 12:00 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Nov 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Sunday, Nov 25 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Dec 2 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Dec 9 @ 12:00 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Dec 16 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Dec 23 @ 12:00 PM
Jets
Sunday, Dec 30 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
31m / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

20-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

16-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

15-Apr / Around The NFL / Cheesey

Headlines