Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:19:39 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Nice little dialog from the Marley fan on the roster.

http://www.profootballta...-texts-with-atari-bigby/

TEN TEXTS WITH ATARI BIGBY
Posted by Mike Florio on September 10, 2008, 2:47 p.m. EDT

[Editors note: Packers safety Atari Bigby will be talking to us via text every week. Heres the transcript of the first conversation, which occurred a day after Bigby clinched the Week One win by intercepting a pass late in the game.]

Q: Lets get this out of the way right off the bat. Why didnt you hit the deck when you made the interception?

A: I kept telling myself go down go down but my legs just kept going.

Q: What were you thinking when you saw the ball heading your way?

A: This is my opportunity to end the game and be the hero.

Q: Did you expect Aaron Rodgers to play as well as he did?

A: Everyone did. He has been around. Hes not a rookie. He has great ability and is seasoned so there is no reason to expecting anything less of him.

Q: Did you spend a lot of time inside the box against the Vikings and Adrian Peterson?

A: Seems like the whole game it was either me or Nick Collins. Since he is so much of a cutback runner, you are almost forced to bring a safety down in the box on every play.

Q: Were you surprised they threw only seven passes in the first half?

A: No, not really. With the talent they have in the backfield and the QB being banged up running gave them their best chance to win,

Q: Do you think theres bad blood between the teams?

A: I wouldnt say bad blood but very competitive. They have a bulls-eye on us and they are the favorite to win the division.

Q: Are they the favorite or are the Packers?

A: They are the favorites coming in.

Q: Who are the favorites after Monday night?

A: I really dont know who the critics are going to pick.

Q: Bears?

A: They really performed well so they made a case for themselves.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:43:59 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

I loved this one.

Quote:

Q: Lets get this out of the way right off the bat. Why didnt you hit the deck when you made the interception?

:thumbleft:
Someone on the defense should have tackled him. :icon_smile:
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline zombieslayer  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:23:28 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I completely disagree. When a defender intercepts a pass, I almost always want to see him run it back. I'm sick of the conservative playing that I'm seeing in the NFL nowadays.

2 cases that I was upset with Mike McCarthy about:
1) first half - we had time for one more shot in the end zone. take it.
2) MN has either 1 or 0 time outs, don't remember. Go for a first down and finish them off. None of this wimpy conservative crap.

Go for the throat. Finish them off. Rub it in their faces. We should have won this game by more than five points. It's that attitude that kept the game close when it shouldn't have been a close game.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline IronMan  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:30:02 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 56

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I completely disagree. When a defender intercepts a pass, I almost always want to see him run it back. I'm sick of the conservative playing that I'm seeing in the NFL nowadays.

2) MN has either 1 or 0 time outs, don't remember. Go for a first down and finish them off. None of this wimpy conservative crap.

Go for the throat. Finish them off. Rub it in their faces. We should have won this game by more than five points. It's that attitude that kept the game close when it shouldn't have been a close game.

I agree with you regarding the end of the first half, and going for a first down at the end. But nothing good could have happened from trying to run that INT back. Take a knee and win the game.
Offline Bigbyfan  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:34:21 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 71

I loved this one.

Quote:

I would like to see you try and tackle that beast :)

Only Greg Jennings could have done that
blank
Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:37:30 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

I loved this one.

Quote:

I would like to see you try and tackle that beast :)

Only Greg Jennings could have done that

Tooo true but I 'll bet Kampman could tackle him if he could catch him. Maybe Hawk and Barnett could have cornered him for Kampy.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:40:12 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Z if Bigby could catch it and run it straight back I am in favor of it. If he is zig zaging around the field and giving ground trying to get to outside forget it. Take a knee and let's start getting ready for next week.

UserPostedImage

Offline zombieslayer  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:26:18 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

In Bigby's defense, he was looking for an open lane. Keep in mind, you get one or two good blocks and you can take it to the house. You know how much fun that would be if you're a defensive player? It's not like you touch the ball 50+ times a year.

Also keep in mind that Woody has brought some to the house. So has Harris. There's nothing like sending a message to the opposing team by clinching a game with an INT return for a TD.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline TengoJuego  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:50:56 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

I would have loved to have seen someone tackle Bigby. I can understand wanting to score though. You rarely get those chances on D.
Offline RaiderPride  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:06:20 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 101
Applause Received: 190

Call me a sour puss!

But him not hitting the turf was not only stupid, but it was selfish. If I was the coach I would have fined him, or at least made it clear that if anyone does it again they will be fined.

It is not like he tried to find a lane and then slid like a QB, No... He took it beyond stupid. For what? Individual glory?

What would everyone be typing if he lost the ball at the tackle and the Vikes took it to the house?

It was stupid and selfish.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:12:27 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

I wouldn't go as far as fining him. That might stick in his head the next time a fly ball comes his way and break his concentration.

I'd have surely given a helluva bitch fest to the team explaining that you NEVER do that! Then make them all run laps.
UserPostedImage
Offline zoogies  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:42:58 PM(UTC)
zoogies

Refresh my memory, was the interception at the close of the 4th quarter or somewhere in the middle? I forget, but if it was the close, I think he ought to have fallen on it.

I remember a college football game a few years back, Nebraska and Texas Tech. It was a real barn-burner, trading scores and so forth. They were driving, down 31-27...last minute of the 4th quarter or so, and we pick off a pass! Husker fans go wild, game's over, we just pulled it off -...

Then on the runback, the defender fumbles, and Tech recovers. Then they go ahead and punch it in and win 34-31.

It's fine and all if you don't fumble and win the game anyways, but when you do, then there's a REAL sour taste in your mouth afterwards, thinking what coulda, shoulda been.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:48:29 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

My Lord. Have mercy on the guy.

I don't get the uber-conservative attitude. John Madden would have never said something like this back when he was coaching. He was the master of going for it on fourth and one.

Aggression is how smaller dogs beat bigger dogs. It is a good thing. It wins ballgames in the NFL. Why are we afraid to use it?

What ever happened to putting your opponent away? You do not throw your opponent into the corner and give him a good beating, but walk away before that final right hook. You finish him off. You put him down. Only when he begs for mercy do you let up.

When I saw Bigby running with that football, I was hoping for a key block or two. I really wanted to see him bust one. It bothered me that all the trash I was talking to my Niner friends who are still convinced that Rodgers is a bust (yes, you heard me right), that we only won by five points.

I wanted a decisive victory. Double digits. That last Herculean thud to prove that we are better than them. When you beat a rival, there should be no room for debate. None. Five points is a close game. You must always look to win by at least ten. That should be your minimum. Anything less is being a nice guy and nice guys finish last in real life and do not get the girl.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:11:31 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Refresh my memory, was the interception at the close of the 4th quarter or somewhere in the middle? I forget, but if it was the close, I think he ought to have fallen on it.

MN snapped the ball before the int with 1:08 left.
GB with :54 left on the clock after the turnover.

Fall on the ball and take the W.

UserPostedImage

Offline RaiderPride  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:15:57 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 101
Applause Received: 190

Anything less is being a nice guy and nice guys finish last in real life and do not get the girl.

I can understand your opine, as well as your passion. This is what makes you one of my favorite reads.

However.... If he went down.... HE WOULD STILL HAVE GOT THE GIRL. Not only, would he have got the girl, he would have played it safe.

Ask any girl....

SHE WILL TELL YOU TO PLAY IT SAFE, And if you want to really make me happy... Go Down First.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Rss Feed