Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline NodakPaul  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:52:43 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)
This is why I don't mind Allen trash talking. When he is beat, he is man enough to come out and say so. Class.

http://www.startribune.c...ts/vikings/28224949.html

Quote:
...
Allen didn't alibi and claim he was held a number of times.

"No, I didn't think there was too much holding," Allen said. "[Packers offensive tackle Chad] Clifton is a good player. He was in the Pro Bowl for a reason, and he's athletic, but I don't think there was too much holding. There was a lot of chips, a lot of double-teams, a lot of people cutting me from different angles, and I took a pretty big thigh bruise on that goal-line play. But other than that, like I said, you've got to go out and create your own opportunities sometimes. So I'm just back to work, back to the field. You're going to have those games, and we'll come out and be better this week."
...
Offline tromadz  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:57:31 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 10/16/2006(UTC)
Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34
" said: Go to Quoted Post
This is why I don't mind Allen trash talking. When he is beat, he is man enough to come out and say so. Class.

http://www.startribune.c...ts/vikings/28224949.html

Quote:
...
Allen didn't alibi and claim he was held a number of times.

"No, I didn't think there was too much holding," Allen said. "[Packers offensive tackle Chad] Clifton is a good player. He was in the Pro Bowl for a reason, and he's athletic, but I don't think there was too much holding. There was a lot of chips, a lot of double-teams, a lot of people cutting me from different angles, and I took a pretty big thigh bruise on that goal-line play. But other than that, like I said, you've got to go out and create your own opportunities sometimes. So I'm just back to work, back to the field. You're going to have those games, and we'll come out and be better this week."
...


So basically the Vikes got outcoached and outplayed.

It's nice that he's eating humble pie, but he wouldn't be saying this[about clifton] if the Vikings won and Allen actually, ya know, did something. It would be all "Told ya" and "Vikings will win the division" or other ludicrous Vikings crazy talk like they've been doing the last two months.

Sorry if I don't throw Jared Allen a parade.
Offline NodakPaul  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:04:36 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
This is why I don't mind Allen trash talking. When he is beat, he is man enough to come out and say so. Class.

http://www.startribune.c...ts/vikings/28224949.html

Quote:
...
Allen didn't alibi and claim he was held a number of times.

"No, I didn't think there was too much holding," Allen said. "[Packers offensive tackle Chad] Clifton is a good player. He was in the Pro Bowl for a reason, and he's athletic, but I don't think there was too much holding. There was a lot of chips, a lot of double-teams, a lot of people cutting me from different angles, and I took a pretty big thigh bruise on that goal-line play. But other than that, like I said, you've got to go out and create your own opportunities sometimes. So I'm just back to work, back to the field. You're going to have those games, and we'll come out and be better this week."
...


So basically the Vikes got outcoached and outplayed.

It's nice that he's eating humble pie, but he wouldn't be saying this[about clifton] if the Vikings won and Allen actually, ya know, did something. It would be all "Told ya" and "Vikings will win the division" or other ludicrous Vikings crazy talk like they've been doing the last two months.

Sorry if I don't throw Jared Allen a parade.


You mean like the stuff the Packers and their entourage have been saying?
http://www.packershome.c...ile=viewtopic&t=1621
Why is OK for the Pack to do it after a win, but when a Vikings comes out and gives props where props is due, he is still a horrible person.

Talking trash before a game is part of the game. Talking trash after a win is being a poor winner.
Offline 4PackGirl  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:10:44 AM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

Joined: 12/17/2006(UTC)
Location: illinois
Applause Given2: 170
Applause Received: 125
for me, trash talking is all done in fun. for pro players, i've heard it helps motivate them for each game.

i don't think jokin around about some dude who blatantly put himself out there saying he was gonna attack rodgers & then didn't, qualifies us as poor winners.

i think it is what it is - a rivalry that is fun to joke & laugh about - win or lose.
Offline tromadz  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:20:56 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 10/16/2006(UTC)
Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
This is why I don't mind Allen trash talking. When he is beat, he is man enough to come out and say so. Class.

http://www.startribune.c...ts/vikings/28224949.html

Quote:
...
Allen didn't alibi and claim he was held a number of times.

"No, I didn't think there was too much holding," Allen said. "[Packers offensive tackle Chad] Clifton is a good player. He was in the Pro Bowl for a reason, and he's athletic, but I don't think there was too much holding. There was a lot of chips, a lot of double-teams, a lot of people cutting me from different angles, and I took a pretty big thigh bruise on that goal-line play. But other than that, like I said, you've got to go out and create your own opportunities sometimes. So I'm just back to work, back to the field. You're going to have those games, and we'll come out and be better this week."
...


So basically the Vikes got outcoached and outplayed.

It's nice that he's eating humble pie, but he wouldn't be saying this[about clifton] if the Vikings won and Allen actually, ya know, did something. It would be all "Told ya" and "Vikings will win the division" or other ludicrous Vikings crazy talk like they've been doing the last two months.

Sorry if I don't throw Jared Allen a parade.


You mean like the stuff the Packers and their entourage have been saying?
http://www.packershome.c...ile=viewtopic&t=1621
Why is OK for the Pack to do it after a win, but when a Vikings comes out and gives props where props is due, he is still a horrible person.

Talking trash before a game is part of the game. Talking trash after a win is being a poor winner.


You realize Leroy Butler hasn't played in years and is a documented piece of $#!T, right?

Do you bash the current Bears players\fans when Mike Ditka gets drunk and says something crazy?

Allen isn't a horrible person, just an overrated player who got what he had coming to him, and thats 0's across his stat line. They play the Colts this week, right? They have Oline issues, maybe he'll get a sack or a tackle this week.

For the record, while most people here are awesome and play nice, I do not. I'm the guy who dresses you down and tells you how things work. I like that you changed your sig though. Another prediction by Nostra[edited].
Offline Cheesey  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:39:44 AM(UTC)
Rank: Honored Member

United States
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 760
Applause Received: 891
" said: Go to Quoted Post
for me, trash talking is all done in fun. for pro players, i've heard it helps motivate them for each game.

i don't think jokin around about some dude who blatantly put himself out there saying he was gonna attack rodgers & then didn't, qualifies us as poor winners.

i think it is what it is - a rivalry that is fun to joke & laugh about - win or lose.

First it was Sharper, then Allen..........who's it gonna be next to put his foot in his mouth?
(Sharper did it so much he now has "athelete's tongue!")LOLOL!!!

But i DO give props to Allen for coming out and admitting he got beat. That DOES take class in my view! :thumbleft:
Offline longtimefan  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:48:38 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
This is why I don't mind Allen trash talking. When he is beat, he is man enough to come out and say so. Class.

http://www.startribune.c...ts/vikings/28224949.html

Quote:
...
Allen didn't alibi and claim he was held a number of times.

"No, I didn't think there was too much holding," Allen said. "[Packers offensive tackle Chad] Clifton is a good player. He was in the Pro Bowl for a reason, and he's athletic, but I don't think there was too much holding. There was a lot of chips, a lot of double-teams, a lot of people cutting me from different angles, and I took a pretty big thigh bruise on that goal-line play. But other than that, like I said, you've got to go out and create your own opportunities sometimes. So I'm just back to work, back to the field. You're going to have those games, and we'll come out and be better this week."
...


So basically the Vikes got outcoached and outplayed.

It's nice that he's eating humble pie, but he wouldn't be saying this[about clifton] if the Vikings won and Allen actually, ya know, did something. It would be all "Told ya" and "Vikings will win the division" or other ludicrous Vikings crazy talk like they've been doing the last two months.

Sorry if I don't throw Jared Allen a parade.


You mean like the stuff the Packers and their entourage have been saying?
http://www.packershome.c...ile=viewtopic&t=1621
Why is OK for the Pack to do it after a win, but when a Vikings comes out and gives props where props is due, he is still a horrible person.

Talking trash before a game is part of the game. Talking trash after a win is being a poor winner.


You realize Leroy Butler hasn't played in years and is a documented piece of $#!T, right?

Do you bash the current Bears players\fans when Mike Ditka gets drunk and says something crazy?

Allen isn't a horrible person, just an overrated player who got what he had coming to him, and thats 0's across his stat line. They play the Colts this week, right? They have Oline issues, maybe he'll get a sack or a tackle this week.

For the record, while most people here are awesome and play nice, I do not. I'm the guy who dresses you down and tells you how things work. I like that you changed your sig though. Another prediction by Nostra[edited].


Allen got his ass handed to him and I respect him for being a man and admitting it..He didnt whine and cry that they held, that they did this and that..

I don't respect him for flapping his mouth, but do respect him for admitting he did suck

But Trom......... Paul is grasping for something to show Packers do talk smack..To bad he forgets Butler is a pos, and hasnt played in years.
Offline Roddyboy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:58:08 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)
Why is Butler a pos, in your view?

He was a great Packer.
Offline MassPackersFan  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:58:39 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7
Speaking of holding, I finally saw the Bears/Colts game last night on Replay (before the Packers game). Holy God, did you see the hold by the Bears LT on the 3rd down throw to Clark down near the goal line? I don't understand how refs miss that crap.
Offline NodakPaul  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:00:09 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Allen got his ass handed to him and I respect him for being a man and admitting it..He didnt whine and cry that they held, that they did this and that..

I don't respect him for flapping his mouth, but do respect him for admitting he did suck

But Trom......... Paul is grasping for something to show Packers do talk smack..To bad he forgets Butler is a pos, and hasnt played in years.


I do know that Butler is a POS, and I also know that he hasn't played since 2005. That wasn't the point. My point was that Trom said that Allen was the kind of guy who wuld have talked smack after a win, which simply hasn't been the case. EVER in Allen's career. People who do that are poor winners IMHO, and I used Butler as an example of one. When Allen manned up to getting beat, he still gets dissed, yet when people like Butler talk shit after the win, it is celebrated (even highlighted in yellow, with large font).

And Trom, since you're "the guy who dresses you down and tells you how things work", let's see if you consistently do that when the tables are turned. You have seen how the Vikings and their fans handle a loss to a rival. I'll be waiting to see if Packer fans handle it with the same amount of levity and class...
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages123>»
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : lol
TheKanataThrilla (19h) : That's a better description Zero thanks.
Zero2Cool (22h) : I wasn't cheering for Cowboys. I was just hoping Vikings lose lol
Smokey (2-Dec) : NFLshop.com
TheKanataThrilla (2-Dec) : Seems best for our divisional prospects
hardrocker950 (2-Dec) : then don't
TheKanataThrilla (2-Dec) : It feels awful to cheer for the Cowboys.
Zero2Cool (30-Nov) : You know you don't have a Google sign in, so ... ahh ... don't click it :-) (having fun with ya)
Laser Gunns (30-Nov) : I don't mean to make the dupe, it happens when I try to sign in using the google account link thing.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Erik Walden has as many sacks as Nick Perry.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Most players fly "home" for offseason.
Porforis (29-Nov) : Or they just don't want to beat their bodies to hell to get a bunch of money and not having stuff around to enjoy with said money
Cheesey (29-Nov) : Well, i guess it just shows who thinks their football job is less important then going out to party.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Green Bay is a smaller town, and it's cold as crap here.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : What I've heard and read, more likely true than we care to admit.
hardrocker950 (29-Nov) : If that is true... they don't know what is good for them hehe
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : That was from Brady Poppinga.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Ted has always been aggressive & proactive in FA.It's just that a lot of big time free agents have taken less to play in bigger cities.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Gunnar, QUIT creating that duplicate account! lol
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Reggie ragland was on IR early too.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Seems anyone and everyone related to Packers is hurt lol
wpr (29-Nov) : Boy it's a good thing GB didn't sign Trevthan. Uncle Teddy is a genius. 8-l
The_Green_Ninja (29-Nov) : Silent from Nerdmann tonight :)
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Davante Adams turns 6 targets into 5-113-2 in MNF win
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Yeehaw
Zero2Cool (28-Nov) : Danny Trevthan to IR with ruptured patellar tendon in right knee. Going on IR.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : It's time for someone to step up at corner, Whitt says. He refuses to use injuries as an excuse, no matter how many ways I ask.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : Joe Whitt on Randall's return: "That's what we get paid for. Nobody really cares about the rust." Only thing that matters is performance.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : LB coach Winston Moss says rust affected Clay Matthews: "We're looking forward to him getting back to his old play-making self."
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : CB coach Joe Whitt on Damarious Randall: Nobody cares about rust. The only thing that matters is performance.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : Packers are 4.6 yards per rush. Only 4 teams with better average rushing per carry.
hardrocker950 (25-Nov) : But Ted will probably blow the pick on another bust
dyeah_gb (25-Nov) : I guess we can be thankful for a high draft pick
dyeah_gb (25-Nov) : happy thanksgiving everyone.
Zero2Cool (23-Nov) : Today's Birthdays: polargrizz (62)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

2016 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 3:25 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
2m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2-Dec / Around The NFL / Smokey

2-Dec / Packers Draft Threads / Smokey

2-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

1-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn


Packers Headlines