Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline NodakPaul  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:52:43 AM(UTC)

This is why I don't mind Allen trash talking. When he is beat, he is man enough to come out and say so. Class.

http://www.startribune.c...ts/vikings/28224949.html

Quote:
Allen didn't alibi and claim he was held a number of times.

"No, I didn't think there was too much holding," Allen said. "[Packers offensive tackle Chad] Clifton is a good player. He was in the Pro Bowl for a reason, and he's athletic, but I don't think there was too much holding. There was a lot of chips, a lot of double-teams, a lot of people cutting me from different angles, and I took a pretty big thigh bruise on that goal-line play. But other than that, like I said, you've got to go out and create your own opportunities sometimes. So I'm just back to work, back to the field. You're going to have those games, and we'll come out and be better this week."
Offline tromadz  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:57:31 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34
" said: Go to Quoted Post
This is why I don't mind Allen trash talking. When he is beat, he is man enough to come out and say so. Class.

Quote:

"No, I didn't think there was too much holding," Allen said. "[Packers offensive tackle Chad] Clifton is a good player. He was in the Pro Bowl for a reason, and he's athletic, but I don't think there was too much holding. There was a lot of chips, a lot of double-teams, a lot of people cutting me from different angles, and I took a pretty big thigh bruise on that goal-line play. But other than that, like I said, you've got to go out and create your own opportunities sometimes. So I'm just back to work, back to the field. You're going to have those games, and we'll come out and be better this week."

So basically the Vikes got outcoached and outplayed.

It's nice that he's eating humble pie, but he wouldn't be saying this[about clifton] if the Vikings won and Allen actually, ya know, did something. It would be all "Told ya" and "Vikings will win the division" or other ludicrous Vikings crazy talk like they've been doing the last two months.

Sorry if I don't throw Jared Allen a parade.
Offline NodakPaul  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:04:36 AM(UTC)

Quote:

It's nice that he's eating humble pie, but he wouldn't be saying this[about clifton] if the Vikings won and Allen actually, ya know, did something. It would be all "Told ya" and "Vikings will win the division" or other ludicrous Vikings crazy talk like they've been doing the last two months.

You mean like the stuff the Packers and their entourage have been saying?
http://www.packershome.c...ile=viewtopic&t=1621
Why is OK for the Pack to do it after a win, but when a Vikings comes out and gives props where props is due, he is still a horrible person.

Talking trash before a game is part of the game. Talking trash after a win is being a poor winner.
Offline 4PackGirl  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:10:44 AM(UTC)

Applause Given2: 170
Applause Received: 125
for me, trash talking is all done in fun. for pro players, i've heard it helps motivate them for each game.

i don't think jokin around about some dude who blatantly put himself out there saying he was gonna attack rodgers & then didn't, qualifies us as poor winners.

i think it is what it is - a rivalry that is fun to joke & laugh about - win or lose.
Offline tromadz  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:20:56 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

Quote:

Why is OK for the Pack to do it after a win, but when a Vikings comes out and gives props where props is due, he is still a horrible person.

Talking trash before a game is part of the game. Talking trash after a win is being a poor winner.

You realize Leroy Butler hasn't played in years and is a documented piece of $#!T, right?

Do you bash the current Bears players\fans when Mike Ditka gets drunk and says something crazy?

Allen isn't a horrible person, just an overrated player who got what he had coming to him, and thats 0's across his stat line. They play the Colts this week, right? They have Oline issues, maybe he'll get a sack or a tackle this week.

For the record, while most people here are awesome and play nice, I do not. I'm the guy who dresses you down and tells you how things work. I like that you changed your sig though. Another prediction by Nostra[edited].
Offline Cheesey  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:39:44 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 693
Applause Received: 788
for me, trash talking is all done in fun. for pro players, i've heard it helps motivate them for each game.

i don't think jokin around about some dude who blatantly put himself out there saying he was gonna attack rodgers & then didn't, qualifies us as poor winners.

i think it is what it is - a rivalry that is fun to joke & laugh about - win or lose.

First it was Sharper, then Allen..........who's it gonna be next to put his foot in his mouth?
(Sharper did it so much he now has "athelete's tongue!")LOLOL!!!

But i DO give props to Allen for coming out and admitting he got beat. That DOES take class in my view! :thumbleft:
Offline longtimefan  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:48:38 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Quote:

You realize Leroy Butler hasn't played in years and is a documented piece of $#!T, right?

Do you bash the current Bears players\fans when Mike Ditka gets drunk and says something crazy?

Allen isn't a horrible person, just an overrated player who got what he had coming to him, and thats 0's across his stat line. They play the Colts this week, right? They have Oline issues, maybe he'll get a sack or a tackle this week.

For the record, while most people here are awesome and play nice, I do not. I'm the guy who dresses you down and tells you how things work. I like that you changed your sig though. Another prediction by Nostra[edited].

Allen got his ass handed to him and I respect him for being a man and admitting it..He didnt whine and cry that they held, that they did this and that..

I don't respect him for flapping his mouth, but do respect him for admitting he did suck

But Trom......... Paul is grasping for something to show Packers do talk smack..To bad he forgets Butler is a pos, and hasnt played in years.
Offline Roddyboy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:58:08 AM(UTC)

Why is Butler a pos, in your view?

He was a great Packer.
Offline MassPackersFan  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:58:39 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7
Speaking of holding, I finally saw the Bears/Colts game last night on Replay (before the Packers game). Holy God, did you see the hold by the Bears LT on the 3rd down throw to Clark down near the goal line? I don't understand how refs miss that crap.
Offline NodakPaul  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:00:09 AM(UTC)

Allen got his ass handed to him and I respect him for being a man and admitting it..He didnt whine and cry that they held, that they did this and that..

I don't respect him for flapping his mouth, but do respect him for admitting he did suck

But Trom......... Paul is grasping for something to show Packers do talk smack..To bad he forgets Butler is a pos, and hasnt played in years.

I do know that Butler is a POS, and I also know that he hasn't played since 2005. That wasn't the point. My point was that Trom said that Allen was the kind of guy who wuld have talked smack after a win, which simply hasn't been the case. EVER in Allen's career. People who do that are poor winners IMHO, and I used Butler as an example of one. When Allen manned up to getting beat, he still gets dissed, yet when people like Butler talk shit after the win, it is celebrated (even highlighted in yellow, with large font).

And Trom, since you're "the guy who dresses you down and tells you how things work", let's see if you consistently do that when the tables are turned. You have seen how the Vikings and their fans handle a loss to a rival. I'll be waiting to see if Packer fans handle it with the same amount of levity and class...
Rss Feed