Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline stevegb  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:55:05 PM(UTC)
stevegb

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 111
Joined: 10/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 9
Applause Received: 4

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
As I said in the other thread:

If you ask me, trash talking should be left up to the fans to engage in. Players should conduct themselves with the maturity and professionalism that their media exposure and incredible salary commands.


Saying that just makes it so boring though. I like having players come out and have a go and sound cocky once and a while coz it makes it a little more interesting.

And you should show some respect to a player who after trash talking admits he got beat instead of finding an excuse. but it doesn't mean you have to like him. And I know if vikes did win he would just say "see i told ya so" but bragging rights are also another benefit of winning so ya just gotta take it.
blank
Offline yooperfan  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:34:36 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,758
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 522
Applause Received: 243

Trash talking is all fun and games and is an institution from youth football to the pros, It's just part of the game. Some coaches let it go on and some coaches won't allow it.
I f a player runs his mouth but then owns up to the fact that he got his ass handed to him, I respect that.
Offline pack_in_black  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:50:06 PM(UTC)
pack_in_black

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 126
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
Location: Colorado

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 2

I'll say this:

I hate Jared Allen. The two reasons for this are-he wears purple, and he disrespected our players pre-game.

But, I gotta give him props for two things. He made this rivalry more than the big brother(us) picking on his little brother's(Bears) skinny friends(Vikes). He got the blood boiling, he threatened our NFCN supremacy.

And the other, he manned up, admitted he got flat out beat. The post game exchange between him and ARodge looked to me like a respectful "Good game, kid. You definitely won't make our lives easy." kind of thing.

And Nodak, pay no attention to the Trom behind the curtain. He's a cocky, arrogant, most of the time drunken sonofabitch. But he's our cocky, arrogant, most of the time drunken sonofabitch. :D
UserPostedImage

Thanks to Pack93z for the sig!
Offline Packnic  
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:14:43 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 363
Joined: 6/19/2007(UTC)


no way to all this respect garbage.
you dont respect someone who insinuated paralyzing your starting quarterback.

Trash talk is absolutely fine with me. In fact I welcome it, because like PIB said... you threatened our long long long long running supremacy over this division. and you paid for it.


The thing is, when you talk trash and don't even come close to backing it up, you can't just say you're sorry and move on. you have to endure the verbal celebration and jokes at your expense until you back up said trash talk.

Allen is a dirty redneck who ran his mouth and couldn't back up his talk... a little aww shucks apology doesn't make him a hero. And if you can't handle the abuse, dont talk the junk.


Since he talked trash, it is perfectly and i mean perfectly acceptable to remind Viking fans that they are the Vikings and no matter how many draft picks and dollars they shill out.... they will always belong to us.

doesn't matter who our QB is, the Vikings are the Packers bitch. THANKS JARED ALLEN for making that line possible.
blank
Offline IronMan  
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:37:08 PM(UTC)
IronMan

Rank: Pro Bowl

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Posts: 3,490
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
no way to all this respect garbage.
you dont respect someone who insinuated paralyzing your starting quarterback.

Trash talk is absolutely fine with me. In fact I welcome it, because like PIB said... you threatened our long long long long running supremacy over this division. and you paid for it.


The thing is, when you talk trash and don't even come close to backing it up, you can't just say you're sorry and move on. you have to endure the verbal celebration and jokes at your expense until you back up said trash talk.

Allen is a dirty redneck who ran his mouth and couldn't back up his talk... a little aww shucks apology doesn't make him a hero. And if you can't handle the abuse, dont talk the junk.


Since he talked trash, it is perfectly and i mean perfectly acceptable to remind Viking fans that they are the Vikings and no matter how many draft picks and dollars they shill out.... they will always belong to us.

doesn't matter who our QB is, the Vikings are the Packers bitch. THANKS JARED ALLEN for making that line possible.


:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Offline MassPackersFan  
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:40:27 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,923
Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

If I could give you 20 applauds for that post, Packnic, I would.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:23:06 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,752
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,021

It is all in your perspective I guess.. personally I don't care for trash talking... whether it be the Vikings, Lions, Bears or the pope himself..

Stop flappin your gums, strap on the helmet and let your play do the talking for you.

As far as fans rappin the guys nuts.. if that makes you feel better.. knock yourself out.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline NodakPaul  
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:25:51 PM(UTC)
NodakPaul

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Posts: 95
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
no way to all this respect garbage.
you dont respect someone who insinuated paralyzing your starting quarterback.

Trash talk is absolutely fine with me. In fact I welcome it, because like PIB said... you threatened our long long long long running supremacy over this division. and you paid for it.


The thing is, when you talk trash and don't even come close to backing it up, you can't just say you're sorry and move on. you have to endure the verbal celebration and jokes at your expense until you back up said trash talk.

Allen is a dirty redneck who ran his mouth and couldn't back up his talk... a little aww shucks apology doesn't make him a hero. And if you can't handle the abuse, dont talk the junk.


Since he talked trash, it is perfectly and i mean perfectly acceptable to remind Viking fans that they are the Vikings and no matter how many draft picks and dollars they shill out.... they will always belong to us.

doesn't matter who our QB is, the Vikings are the Packers bitch. THANKS JARED ALLEN for making that line possible.


Insinuated paralyzing you QB? Seriously? LMAO.

But thank you for providing a more appropriate example of a poor winner. I am a little surprised, usually the fans who can't handle winning with dignity are those who don't win too often. I expected better from Packer fans. Then again, there are a lot of people on this forum who know how to win with class. You could learn a thing or two from them. :)

Since you have talked nothing but trash in pretty much every post I see, I guess I now know what is "perfectly and i mean perfectly acceptable" to do when the Packers lose. Thanks for clearing that up...
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline DarkaneRules  
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:46:07 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,654
Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 262

Vikings play tough before, during, and after the game. I think the way they played us will serve us very well when game planning for the Bears down the road because both have good running games at the moment and the quarterbacks are stepping up especially Orton. I saw some inconsistencies in the passing game from Jackson but I think he will improve with that throughout the season. I think we are spoiled by this rivalry. I really do. Allen is a great player and these are the comments you look to hear from rivals after games. Good players setting up the battle before hand with some spirited language and then giving props afterwards admitting defeat.
Offline zombieslayer  
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:48:02 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

AFAIK, Allen never said anything about paralyzing Aaron Rodgers . Please show me where he said it. I'm now curious. Maybe I missed something.

Before a game of b-ball, my friends and I trash talk for days. Days. After the game, all you have to do is smile when you won because you know and they know what they said.

You should have seen Mohamed Ali (might be before a lot of your times). Used to trash talk like crazy, get all worked up trash talking. People thought the kid was crazy. His eyes would go all over the place when he trashed talked. Made people nervous. Nowadays, everyone seems to love the guy.

Football isn't soccer. It's a man's game. I love trash talking.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Online warhawk  
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:00:50 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,440
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 207

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
no way to all this respect garbage.
you dont respect someone who insinuated paralyzing your starting quarterback.

Trash talk is absolutely fine with me. In fact I welcome it, because like PIB said... you threatened our long long long long running supremacy over this division. and you paid for it.


The thing is, when you talk trash and don't even come close to backing it up, you can't just say you're sorry and move on. you have to endure the verbal celebration and jokes at your expense until you back up said trash talk.

Allen is a dirty redneck who ran his mouth and couldn't back up his talk... a little aww shucks apology doesn't make him a hero. And if you can't handle the abuse, dont talk the junk.


Since he talked trash, it is perfectly and i mean perfectly acceptable to remind Viking fans that they are the Vikings and no matter how many draft picks and dollars they shill out.... they will always belong to us.

doesn't matter who our QB is, the Vikings are the Packers bitch. THANKS JARED ALLEN for making that line possible.


Guys that refrain from pounding their chests and running their mouth don't have to apologize because they understand and wrap their arms around something called humility. True warriors ALWAYS show respect for their opponents not just when they feel like it or depending on who the foe is.

I agree that it's a little late to show your respect for your opponent AFTER they kicked your rear end albeit admirable to not make excuses for it which, quite honestly, is the least they could do at this point.

I haven't heard Williams say the Colts aren't any good anymore because Manning was hurt and he's the only real good player they have.

Maybe they are learning something anyways.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline Formo  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 2:35:35 AM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Allen got his ass handed to him and I respect him for being a man and admitting it..He didnt whine and cry that they held, that they did this and that..

I don't respect him for flapping his mouth, but do respect him for admitting he did suck

But Trom......... Paul is grasping for something to show Packers do talk smack..To bad he forgets Butler is a pos, and hasnt played in years.


I do know that Butler is a POS, and I also know that he hasn't played since 2005. That wasn't the point. My point was that Trom said that Allen was the kind of guy who wuld have talked smack after a win, which simply hasn't been the case. EVER in Allen's career. People who do that are poor winners IMHO, and I used Butler as an example of one. When Allen manned up to getting beat, he still gets dissed, yet when people like Butler talk shit after the win, it is celebrated (even highlighted in yellow, with large font).

And Trom, since you're "the guy who dresses you down and tells you how things work", let's see if you consistently do that when the tables are turned. You have seen how the Vikings and their fans handle a loss to a rival. I'll be waiting to see if Packer fans handle it with the same amount of levity and class...


Leroy DID NOT PLAY THE GAME MONDAY

You can not use a "reporter" talking smack to compare it to a PLAYER that PLAYED the game..

Do you NOT understand that?


If Carter (Cris Carter, that is) went on ESPN and talked a bunch of trash like Butler did, you wouldn't be saying the same thing. You'd be pissing about it.

Your point: Fail.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Formo  
#28 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 2:35:58 AM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
AFAIK, Allen never said anything about paralyzing Aaron Rodgers . Please show me where he said it. I'm now curious. Maybe I missed something.

Before a game of b-ball, my friends and I trash talk for days. Days. After the game, all you have to do is smile when you won because you know and they know what they said.

You should have seen Mohamed Ali (might be before a lot of your times). Used to trash talk like crazy, get all worked up trash talking. People thought the kid was crazy. His eyes would go all over the place when he trashed talked. Made people nervous. Nowadays, everyone seems to love the guy.

Football isn't soccer. It's a man's game. I love trash talking.


Word.

+1
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline tromadz  
#29 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 7:56:50 AM(UTC)
tromadz

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 641
Joined: 10/16/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 34

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post


If Carter (Cris Carter, that is) went on ESPN and talked a bunch of trash like Butler did, you wouldn't be saying the same thing. You'd be pissing about it.

Your point: Fail.


I'm pretty sure he did, and nobody cared.

Your point: super fail
Offline Cheesey  
#30 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 8:06:20 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,552
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

I think most trash talking is an attempt to get into your opponents head, and to get yourself worked up for the upcoming game.
As long as you arn't saying you want to hurt someone, i have no problem with it.
Of course you always run the risk of making yourself look like a fool if you get your ass whipped.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error



Recent Topics
11m / Around The NFL / wpr

12m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

18h / Random Babble / wpr

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Jul / Around The NFL / Dexter_Sinister

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.