Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline earthquake  
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 1:49:00 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 63

Agreed.
blank
Offline bozz_2006  
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 1:59:43 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

I can almost guarantee that you'll see some extensions get taken care of before the end of this season, so that the 2008 cap can be utilized in the contracts.
UserPostedImage
Offline TeamGB  
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 2:06:05 PM(UTC)
TeamGB

Lots of young guys and plenty of room in the Cap... not a problem in my eyes... Plenty of money to sign the guys we want and need to keep hold of and bring in anyone who may stand out.

Again, another favourible position to be in for the team, and its up to the players this year to prove they are worth the big $$$!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 3:15:03 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

I'm pretty sure KGB won't be here so that'll free up a few million too.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline mkapp  
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 3:50:40 PM(UTC)
mkapp

Applause Received: 1

I got the feeling that Ted Thompson had already talked to Greg too, but the comment about playing for the other teams has me concerned. Mainly cuz I just bought a Jennings jersey...hope he stays put.
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigbyfan  
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:00:52 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

I don't like those quotes from Greg Jennings. That got me a little worried. You never want a guy saying that he is auditoning for 32 teams, not just the Packers.
blank
Offline Packers_Finland  
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:17:03 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Give Greg the biggest deal possible. Then clone him into 25 productive units.
This is a placeholder
Offline Greg C.  
#18 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:35:48 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Of the players mentioned in the article whose contracts will expire within the next two years, the only two that I would count as must-haves are Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings. We'll see about Clifton and Tauscher. I hope they remain healthy and productive, but at their age, Thompson may not want to break the bank for them. Pickett, Jolly, and Blackmon would be nice to keep if they stay healthy.

Players mentioned in the article who I regard as fairly easy to replace are Colledge, Moll, Spitz, Collins, and obviously Chillar. And KGB may be at the end of the line by then.

So if you look at it this way, the "numbers crunch" may not be too bad.
blank
Offline Packnic  
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:36:57 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I don't like those quotes from Greg Jennings. That got me a little worried. You never want a guy saying that he is auditoning for 32 teams, not just the Packers.

well as much as i would love for Greg Jennings to say... I love the Packers and I will never leave as long as they will have me. it is after all, a business and i think the "other 31 teams" quote was something the staff was preaching in camp if i remember correctly. Its just a fact, everytime you step on the field you are either increasing your pay day or ruining it. So come 2009 when the Packers want to sign you but dont have the funds, you can get signed by another team. The NFL is a business at its core, and money will always come first.

this will be interesting because there is a lot of dudes fighting for a set amount of money. but thats the beauty of the draft young and resign your guys philosophy. This is where Ted Thompson and his staff make their money. With smart drafting and sensible contract negotiations, this team will be good for years to come.
blank
Offline Packers_Finland  
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:37:48 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Of the players mentioned in the article whose contracts will expire within the next two years, the only two that I would count as must-haves are Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings. We'll see about Clifton and Tauscher. I hope they remain healthy and productive, but at their age, Thompson may not want to break the bank for them. Pickett, Jolly, and Blackmon would be nice to keep if they stay healthy.

Players mentioned in the article who I regard as fairly easy to replace are Colledge, Moll, Spitz, Collins, and obviously Chillar. And KGB may be at the end of the line by then.

So if you look at it this way, the "numbers crunch" may not be too bad.

I don't think Spitz is in any way easy to replace. I believe in Harvey... Jason Spitz.
This is a placeholder
Rss Feed