Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Packers_Finland  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:43:27 PM(UTC)
Hurricane Ike has damaged Houston's stadium, and the Texans vs Jags game may be postponed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/...t-video&confirm=true
TeamGB  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 5:19:29 PM(UTC)
Dammmn, several sections of the roof destroyed, never sounds good!
Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 5:48:24 PM(UTC)
Wow.
I wonder where and when they will play the game? They don't have the same BYE week, so it's gonna be tough to reschedule it.
Packers_Finland  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 5:50:00 PM(UTC)
I'm guessing they'll take it to another stadium, maybe a college arena in Austin?
Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:11:38 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm guessing they'll take it to another stadium, maybe a college arena in Austin?

I just wonder if they would have time to do that.
Plus........what do you do with all the fans that bought tickets?
mkapp  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 12:49:34 AM(UTC)
yikes!
Cheesey  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 12:55:04 AM(UTC)
I heard they are playing it i believe November 9th.
shield4life  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 2:42:11 AM(UTC)
They should just make them play after the last week of the season and just make the playoffs a week later, anyways I doubt those two team's would make the playoff's this year
Packers_Finland  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 3:21:06 AM(UTC)
Moved to week ten. Other teams schedules have been modified as well.
flep  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:56:21 AM(UTC)
HoustonMatt  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 6:54:44 PM(UTC)
If Reliant's not ready to go, they'll probably move the game to Rice Stadium, where the Rice Owls play. It seats upwards of 50,000.
zombieslayer  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:36:30 PM(UTC)
Heh. That's what I was thinking.

50k people? You never see 50k people in Reliant stadium anyways. So 50k would be plenty of room.
HoustonMatt  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:06:35 PM(UTC)

50k people? You never see 50k people in Reliant stadium anyways. So 50k would be plenty of room.

That's actually not quit true. Even though the Texans suck, football is king here in Texas. This may be inaccurate, but I believe the Texans have sold out every game of their existence.

I did a little research and Rice Stadium can actually be manipulated to hold 70,000 people - just shy of Reliant's 71,500. Regardless, Bob McNair fully expects Reliant to be operative by the Colts game, so the point may be moot. I couldn't find hard data on sellouts, but the team opened with 30 consecutive sellouts, so I can't imagine there would be more than 2-3 games that weren't at full capacity.
Formo  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:46:27 PM(UTC)

That's actually not quit true. Even though the Texans suck, football is king here in Texas. This may be inaccurate, but I believe the Texans have sold out every game of their existence.

I did a little research and Rice Stadium can actually be manipulated to hold 70,000 people - just shy of Reliant's 71,500. Regardless, Bob McNair fully expects Reliant to be operative by the Colts game, so the point may be moot. I couldn't find hard data on sellouts, but the team opened with 30 consecutive sellouts, so I can't imagine there would be more than 2-3 games that weren't at full capacity.

I wouldn't be suprised by the sellouts at Reliant.

It's alot like the Xcel Center in St. Paul. For the first handful of years of the Wild's existence, even though they lacked success on the ice, they sold out every game.

Football is to Texas as Hockey is to Minnesota.
zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 2:55:27 PM(UTC)
Good catch. I was wrong. I looked up the season attendances and besides the Raiders game, they were all around 70k.

I'm surprised the Texans actually do sell tickets. I lived in Houston when the Oilers were in town and they couldn't sell anything. Weird.
Formo  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:03:51 PM(UTC)
Good catch. I was wrong. I looked up the season attendances and besides the Raiders game, they were all around 70k.

I'm surprised the Texans actually do sell tickets. I lived in Houston when the Oilers were in town and they couldn't sell anything. Weird.

Yeah. Same thing with the North Stars. I guess you take something away that a state is known for but takes for granted.. They tend to cherish it when/if they get it back.
HoustonMatt  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:45:48 PM(UTC)
I lived in Houston when the Oilers were in town and they couldn't sell anything. Weird.

As much as we Houstonians love football, we learned to hate Bud Adams even more. When he told us it was a new stadium or a new city, we might as well have volunteered to help him pack his house up. It was pretty well understood that if we let him walk, the NFL would give us another team fairly soon.
Rss Feed