Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<2345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greg C.  
#46 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:29:48 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Just like I said, the Packers would cover the three-point spread easily. (Pause while I wipe the sweat off my brow.)

Well, it turned out good, but the Packers need to learn how to put teams away. I mean, they did at the end, but they should have put them away long before that. What happened to Chad Clifton? After shutting down Jared Allen, he got schooled by some guy I never heard of. And I don't just mean the sack/fumble. He was getting beaten in the first half, too.
blank
Offline nathaniel  
#47 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:30:00 PM(UTC)
nathaniel

Just when you think we're down, we come right back and score 24 points in just a few minutes. Amazing.
blank
Offline Cal2GreenBay  
#48 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:33:03 PM(UTC)
Cal2GreenBay

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 11

I think Dallas should watch out. Green Bay is coming and they have NOT lost a beat from last year...
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#49 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:35:45 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Just like I said, the Packers would cover the three-point spread easily. (Pause while I wipe the sweat off my brow.)

Well, it turned out good, but the Packers need to learn how to put teams away. I mean, they did at the end, but they should have put them away long before that. What happened to Chad Clifton? After shutting down Jared Allen, he got schooled by some guy I never heard of. And I don't just mean the sack/fumble. He was getting beaten in the first half, too.

Yeah, the Cows are no slackers and we're going to need a better effort from our OL to beat them. Hats off to Aaron Rodgers . Had it been Flynn or Brohm in there, we would have looked horrible and gotten beaten badly. Aaron Rodgers on paper made the OL look a lot better than it was. It was bad. All the credit goes to Aaron Rodgers here.

Game ball - either Woody or Aaron Rodgers . I loved Aaron Rodgers 's start, but loved Woody's finish. Mike McCarthy needs to go for the throat. Even 21 points in the NFL can be overcome, as we saw today.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline nathaniel  
#50 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:39:13 PM(UTC)
nathaniel

Yeah, the Cows are no slackers and we're going to need a better effort from our OL to beat them. Hats off to Aaron Rodgers . Had it been Flynn or Brohm in there, we would have looked horrible and gotten beaten badly. Aaron Rodgers on paper made the OL look a lot better than it was. It was bad. All the credit goes to Aaron Rodgers here.

Game ball - either Woody or Aaron Rodgers . I loved Aaron Rodgers 's start, but loved Woody's finish. Mike McCarthy needs to go for the throat. Even 21 points in the NFL can be overcome, as we saw today.

I understand wanting to run on first down, even maybe on second down, when we have horrible field position, but you need to open it up every once in a while before third down. Waiting till third down to get a big play puts way too much pressure on Aaron Rodgers and the WRs. Thankfully our D got it's second wind in the 4th. They looked a little tired for a few series there.
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#51 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:42:12 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

I agree. I was screaming at the TV "Throw a friggin' PASS!" We weren't gaining anything on runs when deep in our own end, so why not open it up?

It all turned out well though. But if we do that crap against the Cows, they will eat us up alive.
UserPostedImage
Offline walleye  
#52 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:42:17 PM(UTC)
walleye

thats got to hurt like hell to run with a fractured toe, and still outplay there receiver! i sa woodsen deserves game ball!
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline Cheesey  
#53 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:43:34 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

thats got to hurt like hell to run with a fractured toe, and still outplay there receiver! i sa woodsen deserves game ball!

Yes!!!!
And Collins actually held onto a pick for a change! Hopefully a sign of things to come! Mike McCarthy said Bigby was a cramp....thats why he left.
UserPostedImage
Offline bigfog  
#54 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:46:52 PM(UTC)
bigfog

The first half was everything you expect from an the NFC title runnerup. Rodgers was accurate and amazing, the receivers stepped up and the defense was dominant.

The team that showed up in the second half was not the same Green Bay Packers. Thankfully, the defense stepped up at key moments and pulled this one from the clutches of defeat.
Mike McCarthy and Co. are going to have to refocus on the basics if they want to beat Dallas. This was a good victory, but bittersweet in a way.

This team has some great potential, but what type of potential is it? Potential for greatness or potential for disaster? Hard to tell, but thankfully week two is in the books, Green Bay is 2-0 and the Lions, Bears and Vikings all lost.

That's a good weekend (especially since the Badgers won and Michigan and Ohio State lost), no matter how you slice it.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Offline zombieslayer  
#55 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:50:13 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Yeah. You guys are right. Mike McCarthy needs to put teams away when we have the lead. Grant wasn't on and should have been pulled early. Jackson was looking much better, and Lumpkin should have had a few more carries.

But we got to throw on 1st down sometimes. I can't stand it when we get all conservative.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline walleye  
#56 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:50:50 PM(UTC)
walleye

The first half was everything you expect from an the NFC title runnerup. Rodgers was accurate and amazing, the receivers stepped up and the defense was dominant.

The team that showed up in the second half was not the same Green Bay Packers. Thankfully, the defense stepped up at key moments and pulled this one from the clutches of defeat.
Mike McCarthy and Co. are going to have to refocus on the basics if they want to beat Dallas. This was a good victory, but bittersweet in a way.

This team has some great potential, but what type of potential is it? Potential for greatness or potential for disaster? Hard to tell, but thankfully week two is in the books, Green Bay is 2-0 and the Lions, Bears and Vikings all lost.

That's a good weekend (especially since the Badgers won and Michigan and Ohio State lost), no matter how you slice it.

well stated bigfo.
i think if the OL improves this team will be AMAZINGLY GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline Ginco19  
#57 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:51:50 PM(UTC)
Ginco19

Anyone know what happened to Bigby? I didnt see him at all in the second half? Did he go out with an injury or because of the bicep injury from last week?
Offline nathaniel  
#58 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:53:44 PM(UTC)
nathaniel

That's a good weekend, no matter how you slice it.

We need to run the ball better, and although it wasn't as bad as last week, we still had too many dumb penalties on the o-line.

The potential is definitely there, but Mike McCarthy needs to decide if he's going to go on the attack and play to win, or if once we're up he's going to be conservative and just play to not lose. Playing it conservative has blown up in our face two weeks in a row, and luckily the D bailed us out. Running on 2nd and long everytime isn't going to cut it.
blank
Offline bigfog  
#59 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:54:56 PM(UTC)
bigfog

But we got to throw on 1st down sometimes. I can't stand it when we get all conservative.

I'm so tired of the whole 'run the ball with the guy into the opposing team and see what happens". Cripes.

And where the hell is Grant? Is his hammy that bad? Rusty from missing camp? Don't tell me he developed a case of the Shaun Alexander syndrome. Running backs usually get it once they get a big pay day. Symptoms include not running as hard as you used to when you were broke and just plain not showing up.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Offline walleye  
#60 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:56:20 PM(UTC)
walleye

I say they should choose to attack Rodgers can handle it!
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Rss Feed