Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline pmanning  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:49:23 PM(UTC)
pmanning

WOW! It amazes me how nasty you Packers fans are to the 1 man who made the Pack what it is today just because he is having a Hard time with making the decision to retire.

I'm 38 and I think if I were in Favres shoes I would be the same way. I dont feel that 39 is old. Maybe by NFL standards yes, but to actually admit that I am to old to play would be very hard. Brett loves the game like few others do and has a blast when he plays.

So what if he blew a few games with INTs over the years, so what if the Pack did not go to the big game more because of him. The 1 thing that was always present when Favre was in GB was the opportunity, the excitement and the hope.

Before Brett arrived the Packers were just a shell of a team, they were the Lions. After his arrival the Pack went mainstream and people all over the world became Pack/Favre fans.

When a Legend decides to retire it is hard on everyone. Especially the legend. But Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy made a horrible decision by treating #4 like any other player and they are the reason he is now with the Vikes.

How did the Pack do last year with their new wonder boy? Oh, wait. That was just due to the rebuilding. Rogers was great, had some great stats and games but it was not his fault.

Rogers was a One year wonder, now this year I predict the Pack will fall apart even more and start heading towards being more like the Lions once again. It is very very sad but true. And really, TT, Mike McCarthy and all the Favre haters now deserve exactly what is coming to them. I for one will be laughing when the Pack is destroyed in front of the world by their former Legend, it is coming and I for one will really enjoy it.

Minnesota WILL be in the Super Bowl this year. But they will not be able to Stop Pittsburgh. Steelers 31 - Vikings 27

Packers 4 - 10 at the very best. Rogers will be replaced mid season due to bad performance. McCarthy will be looking for a Job next year and Ted will know that he made CRUCIAL mistake that caused the Pack to become a losing team for the next decade or longer.

Sorry Pack fans but Favre had more Fans than the Packers themselves. Everyone knows that when #4 was pushed aside that the hopes and dreams of all the fans were as well.

It isn't too late to change your mind and buy a Viking Jersey to show your Support. A real fan would do this, I for one will be wearing the purple #4 at all Pack home games this year and rooting for a loss for the Pack. ONLY because I want to see Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy face the music and cast aside.
blank
Sponsor
Offline Rockmolder  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:54:25 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 254

Peyton Manning?
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:58:59 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Received: 254

Anyway, so you're a Favre fan. That's great. Most people on here view this differently. Just go through the 700 Favre topics. You know just as well as anyone that last years bad record was not because of the QB change, but was mostly on the defense. Our offensive rankings had barely changed, our defensive one had plummeted.

A real Packers fan wouldn't buy a Vikings jersey. You cast aside the fact that he keeps pulling this stuff and that we could afford to let him go. Especially if you look at the the way he has had a break down when nearing the end of the season for the last five years or something.

We'll see where we are withing 3 years. Even at the end of this year. This post is full of predictions based on nothing that are posted as facts.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:16:33 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

he can do what he wants, his choice

just as it is my choice to boo him when I am there for the Nov 1st game
Offline Yerko  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:17:56 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Received: 244

So you have big enough balls to make the Super Bowl prediction after the first week of preseason? Wow! That is intense, ESPN sign this guy up cause he sounds like the sh*t coming out of your mouths.
I would say you are pretty nasty (and dumb) fan as well if you are going to wear Favre's Viking jersey to the home games. That has no meaning to it at all and its just asking for attention (oh wait, you are a Favre fan).

BTW, its Rodgers....not Rogers.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:21:01 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 304
Applause Received: 423

IMHO this is nothingbut a "Bait" post, someone hoping to get a reaction.
Good to see Real Packer fans on this forum are not taking the bait.

The man is a legend but without his teammates he is just "one man". Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe,Edgar Bennet,The Gravedigger,Tauscher and Clifton, Keith Jackson, William Henderson, Robert Brooks,Don Beebe,..........I can go on and on the number of Great and exceptional players who were teamates that made Brett the legend he became in Green Bay.

Brett was the constant, but without his teammates he would not be the qb he is.

Just a note, real Packer fans know that it was the signing of Reggie White which started the turn around in Green Bay.

Brett came a year later, the Packers were already turning in the right direction when he became the starter, he just help keep the ball rolling.

Emotions are high right now on this forum, in time they will settle down and Packer fans will realize that this year and maybe next could be two of the most exciting years since 96 and 97.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline Formo  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:05:03 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
he can do what he wants, his choice

just as it is my choice to boo him when I am there for the Nov 1st game

+1
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:19:49 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

WOW! It amazes me how nasty you Packers fans are to the 1 man who made the Pack what it is today

This one snippet completely destroyed your credibility and I refused to read a word beyond it.

One man made the team? How can you be so illogical? The very definition of the word "team" destroys this argument. Yes, there were times Favre helped compensate for his teammates' weaknesses, but there were just as many times, if not more, when they covered his ass too. To imply he somehow did this all by himself is beyond the pale and demeans the efforts of his teammates, coaches, and management staff in one of the greatest organizations in the NFL.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:24:25 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

that is a slap in the face to Reggie, Desmond, Antonio, Dorsey, Leroy
Edgar and the rest that played with him
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:29:00 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Exactly what I was thinking, LT. +1
UserPostedImage
Offline evad04  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:30:55 PM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 75
Applause Received: 132

WOW! It amazes me how nasty you Packers fans are to the 1 man who made the Pack what it is today

This one snippet completely destroyed your credibility and I refused to read a word beyond it.

QFT. I didn't read past that part of it. No need. This has gone on long enough for this exact conversation to have taken place in the THOUSANDS.

We get it.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline dfosterf  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:41:45 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

Pmanning, thank you so very much for straightening us all out.

Here we were, plodding along blindly with our foolish perspectives, posting blindly and foolishly...until...THANK GOD you came along and set us all straight.

Zero2cool, Pack93Z, Nonstop, Porky88 and all of the good friends we have...

Time to shut this puppy down, our work here is finished. Pmanning ..again, thanks...my God... we could have gone on and on for years had you not shown up with your profoundly wise insight...can you imagine?
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline buckeyepackfan  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:23:27 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 304
Applause Received: 423

that is a slap in the face to Reggie, Desmond, Antonio, Dorsey, Leroy
Edgar and the rest that played with him

If you were referring to my post, you have completely read it all wrong. I was telling pmanning(whoever he is)that Brett was the constant for the 16 years he was a Packer but without THE TEAM and the guys who played,he would not be The legend he is in Packerland.

Read my post again, I clearly state that Reggie was the one who started the turn around in Green Bay.

Hope that clears it up.

I know we have different views and feelings about Brett right now, but when someone comes on here and tries to bait any of the regular posters I am going to call him out.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:24:06 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,910
Applause Received: 2,117

I know we have different views and feelings about Brett right now, but when someone comes on here and tries to bait any of the regular posters I am going to call him out.
;)
UserPostedImage
Offline TwinkieGorilla  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:56:55 PM(UTC)
TwinkieGorilla

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 42

WOW! It amazes me how nasty you Packers fans are to the 1 man who made the Pack what it is today just because he is having a Hard time with making the decision to retire.

the 1 man? gee, i remember this dude named Holmgren for some reason. what was his job again?

see, it amazes me how irrationally loyal some people are to one of the most over-blown, ego-driven divas in the game (albeit one of my favorite all-time players). so what if a few of us have the ability to keep our lips off his a$hole. sorry some of the rest of you can't. *shrugs*
I agree with Twinkiegorilla.