Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
5 Pages«<345

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
The_Green_Ninja  
#81 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:15:46 PM(UTC)
It seems like...
[youtube]NTTFjXpFWmM[/youtube]

But oh well, we have to understand I suppose that there will always be someone who disagrees with Ted Thompson and Brett. We must remember, he is retired right now... not because of TT. Not because of the Packers. He is retired because of himself. He can't do the game anymore
buckeyepackfan  
#82 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:45:01 PM(UTC)
I was agreeing with HPG who agreed with Dhazer, I wasn't targeting anyone in particular on this forum, if anyone thought that I apologize.

Seems like lately those of us who wanted Brett to play another year can say nothing right.

I appreciate eveyones opinons on this forum, I would hope I get the same.
Cheesey  
#83 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:08:36 PM(UTC)
Thank you "I like the Packers". I try to say how i feel, and somehow it seems to be misunderstood by some. I THINK it's because they feel it's a "right or left" issue. Where i can see both sides and agree with some of both sides.
I wouldn't mind if Favre plays. Like i said, it would have made for one heck of an interesting story.
Buckeye, there are some fans that hate BF now because of all that went on. But there are lots more like me that love the guy, but don't always agree with what he says or does. Heck, that happens all the time with me and my wife! She is more on the "i love BF" side.
I love and respect too many people here to let something that NONE of us has control over change that.
buckeyepackfan  
#84 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:50:16 PM(UTC)
Again, my post was not about any one in paticular, I was just agreeing with HPG and giving her a little advice.
go.pack.go.  
#85 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:00:11 PM(UTC)
I have not read the whole thread, or as a matter of fact, I haven't read any of the posts.

I am truly going to miss Brett. He is one of my favorite players of ALL time. I almost teared up when I saw that he was staying retired, simply because I knew I'd never see him play again.

I'm going to put all of the things that he did that would make me mad at him behind me.

I'm probably going to cry along w/ Brett when he is inducted into the hall of fame.

I will miss him truly.

But THANK GOD he is NOT going to play with the VIKINGS! lol
Cheesey  
#86 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:50:21 PM(UTC)
Gopackgo.......i will also cry when Favre is inducted. (If i'm still on the right side of the grass, that is)
I love the guy, and you know he will be appreciative when the induction comes. I only wish Big Irv could have been here to see it, and share it with Brett. And we all KNOW that that is what Brett will be thinking that day.
MontanaBob  
#87 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:05:28 PM(UTC)
And Let The Season Begin!!!
MassPackersFan  
#88 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 11:52:11 AM(UTC)
I think a lot of people are pissed some of us fans don't look at Favre in a unique light or give him special consideration. I don't remember this much uproar in defense of Sharper or Longwell, and they have a right to play the game they love too. Favre has been more annoying, in my opinion, with the back and forth and the media manipulation. I'm not going ignore it just because he's Favre. That makes absolutely no sense to me, and I've always been a huge fan of his. But when someone acts like a jackass, I gotta call it like I see it. I don't consider that "ripping into him". In retrospect I bet he would say he made some jackass waffling moves too.

Whatever. I'm glad I don't have to see him in Vikings purple. He has a right to do whatever he wants, but I have a right to be happy that I'm not going to be a witness to a travesty of such epic proportion.
longtimefan  
#89 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 12:28:30 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post

[size=24]I'm glad I don't have to see him in Vikings purple. He has a right to do whatever he wants, but I have a right to be happy that I'm not going to be a witness to a travesty of such epic proportion[/size].
dhazer  
#90 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 12:34:36 PM(UTC)
I think a lot of people are pissed some of us fans don't look at Favre in a unique light or give him special consideration. I don't remember this much uproar in defense of Sharper or Longwell, and they have a right to play the game they love too. Favre has been more annoying, in my opinion, with the back and forth and the media manipulation. I'm not going ignore it just because he's Favre. That makes absolutely no sense to me, and I've always been a huge fan of his. But when someone acts like a jackass, I gotta call it like I see it. I don't consider that "ripping into him". In retrospect I bet he would say he made some jackass waffling moves too.

Whatever. I'm glad I don't have to see him in Vikings purple. He has a right to do whatever he wants, but I have a right to be happy that I'm not going to be a witness to a travesty of such epic proportion.

I'm interested to know why you say it would be such a travesty?
MassPackersFan  
#91 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 1:39:13 PM(UTC)

I'm interested to know why you say it would be such a travesty?

Because about 99.9% of Vikings fans hate his guts. Because the rivalry between the Vikings and Packers has grown very heated in the eyes of the fans over the past 5-10 years. Because I'm annoyed by the Metrodome, the Viking on the tricycle, the horn every time AD runs for 3 yards, the purple jerseys, the sperm helmet, Ziggy Wilf, the love boat, the traffic cop speed bump, and Minnesota in general, which reminds me of an entire state of people acting like aliens who are trying to fit in to their human surroundings.

I'm not saying you have to feel this way. I'm not saying Favre has any reason to feel this way whatsoever. I'm just saying if he donned purple and starting throwing jump balls to that mishmash WR corps in the twin cities, under a pressurized bubble, the only time I would still be able to lay my eyes upon my treasured, autographed framed Favre picture would be when I was squatting to drop a few more Vikings fans into my own personal porcelain Metrodome.

p.s. No offense to Formo etc. You know I don't really consider you guys turds. Half my family are Vikings fans. The half we don't speak to or even acknowledge.
dhazer  
#92 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 1:50:33 PM(UTC)
ok so it would be a travesty in your eyes, that i can understand. I thought you were referring it would be a travesty to Lord Favre.
Pack93z  
#93 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 2:16:04 PM(UTC)
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.  
#94 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 3:22:13 PM(UTC)
UserPostedImage

LMAO +1 to that!
Orygunfan76  
#95 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:36:34 PM(UTC)
packers fans everywhere are celebrating "for now".

Looks like the celebration has ended, benedict brett is now not just a douchebag but a purple douchebag!
Nonstopdrivel  
#96 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:23:34 PM(UTC)
Is it really necessary to call him a douchebag? Surely there are more productive ways to express your disapproval of his actions. I'm the most outspoken Favre critic here and even I'm more judicious than that. :cyclopsani:
Zero2Cool  
#97 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:33:28 PM(UTC)

Looks like the celebration has ended, benedict brett is now not just a douchebag but a purple douchebag!

UserPostedImage
Formo  
#98 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:38:20 PM(UTC)

UserPostedImage

I lol'd. Especially the 3-4 blitz part.
Rss Feed