Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
12 Pages«<34567>»

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dhazer  
#81 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2009 10:13:51 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
i got banned from a site if you can believe that lol. Dfoster was there to watch it all. Those uptight Ted Thompson lovers :p

hah .. what site and why?

it was packerschatters and they banned me for my love of Ted Thompson lol
schroeder84  
#82 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2009 12:27:16 PM(UTC)
Oops, I have been away from here for a while and just found this thread. Been a tough summer for us, too much work, and wife has been away quite a bit - back to WI twice, once for a visit, and for the last couple of weeks, since her father died. No idea yet when she will be back, so have much more stuff to do around here.

I am not a Packers fan born and bred. I married a Packers fan. I have always loved football, I have always watched football, but had no NFL team that I really liked (but a few I really DISLIKED, see Cowboys, Steelers). So, upon dating/marriage I picked up the Packers as my NFL team.

I ended up on this site for the game feed. We generally get either the Bills or the Giants here in Toronto, and see the Packers quite rarely. I stayed because of Nonstopdrivel, just so I could say what he says in chat, just 5 seconds more slowly.

We don't get any kind of Packers coverage here in Toronto, so this is the only way to keep up. I don't really have much to say, for the most part, so I appreciate everybody's expert or first-hand knowledge.
dfosterf  
#83 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2009 12:36:23 PM(UTC)
i got banned from a site if you can believe that lol. Dfoster was there to watch it all. Those uptight Ted Thompson lovers :p

hah .. what site and why?

it was packerschatters and they banned me for my love of Ted Thompson lol

Yes. That is how I remember it, word for word. He loved Ted so much that when I attempted to come to his defense and try and preclude his banishment I wound up with a two week suspension my damn self for my efforts... And I AM and WAS a "TT lover". Yes, good 'ol Dhaze was the epitome of decorum and restraint. Yes, good 'ol Dhaze plumbed new depths in his capacity to stir shit. David, you are quite a piece of work, but I love ya man, ya know I do. :thumbleft:

:sign5: :ahole:

just to be crystal clear... Dhaze never did deserve that ban...I know he gets a little frisky around here and on occasion rubs folks a tad, but his "crimes" over at PC were extremely minor to the degree that if he was making the same statements here that he made there to incur that ban, you wouldn't even notice that his opinions were "out there", comparatively speaking. He ran into the "fiasco era" at that site, which is a very cliquish place to begin with.
mhartsellm  
#84 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 5:08:43 PM(UTC)
The way I got here was just searching my friend Google to see if I would be able to find a site where I may be able to pick up a live feed of tonight's Family Night scrimmage. Not sure if I found that but really liked to looks of this Packer site so decided to register. Now just trying to feel my way around here.
cosmo57  
#85 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 2:37:14 PM(UTC)
Found the site from a friend.

Really looks good and I have found some cool stuff already. Looking forward to a great year with the Pack and some cool conversations as well.

Cosmo
musccy  
#86 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 6:22:43 PM(UTC)
was a PF regular...stopped talking packers for no particular reason for 2 years...went there for this year's draft and saw the board was a ghost town! Someone mentioned this site in a post at PF and I was happy to see a similar format, and many of the same great posters.

Dumb question, and not trying to cause a stir, but I'm naiive...what DID happen to PF? People are referencing a pretty ugly sequence of events?
wrolly  
#87 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 11:07:17 PM(UTC)
I was just doing a search last year for the ability to watch Packer games (since I'm in Oregon). PackersHome came up. Great quality and good info on the site. Keeps me in touch.
spicnspan320  
#88 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 11:10:04 PM(UTC)
I was also searching for a way to watch a game last year and I came across the forum (I'm in Maryland) and have loved it ever since. It's great to have a consistent place to read about and watch the games.
Bigbyfan  
#89 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 11:30:38 PM(UTC)
I was over at "the other site" when I when I actually saw someone telling Cheesey to come over to this site. I decided to see what it was all about, since the other site became horrible.
gakko  
#90 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 1:40:25 AM(UTC)
I came over from PackerForum when they sold that website and destroyed the community. It's quite nice that a large portion of that old community survived on this website, it's a very nice one.
bboystyle  
#91 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 7:53:49 AM(UTC)
Back in 2002,i joined my first Packer forum (packers.theinsiders.com) and LOVED it...Up until 2006-2007,all the good posters and fans started to fade away..I was curious to see what other sites were out there during the 207 or 2008 season (forget which one) and found this one...I was sold based on the layout and the video feeds but most of all the quality of the posters...Most people at the forum i used to post on are nagging lil bitches who complain about Favre,TT,or whatever else they can nit pick at instead of cheering for the team. I swear to god i never thought such packer fans exsisted...They continuously bash TT,hang on Favre's nutt sack,talk about trading Al Harris for some weird reason,but most of all the admin is apart of this "crew" and allows all the BS to go on because he agrees with it...But the moment I try to argue Rodgers is good,Favre is wack for what he did,and Ted Thompson is a great GM,i get suspended from posting...Now im a full tme poster over here! (when i get a chance to)
subin  
#92 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 10:40:26 AM(UTC)
I'd just like to point out that other than Zero's two accounts, I was the first user account created here. Does that make me special?
gijoe82  
#93 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 12:46:17 PM(UTC)
I live in Northern California and love watching the Pack. We obviously dont get alot of the games. Last year I somehow stumbled on the site looking for the live game and I am so stoked I did find it. I love the links to jsonlie and GBPG articles. Though there is some crap here (there is on every site) it seems that most people who post here take the time to post well thought out questions and answers. Good job Zero and kudos to the rest of you who make this the best Packer site! - JT
wrolly  
#94 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 2:41:09 PM(UTC)
Adding to how I found this site...I use to work for the Green Bay Press-Gazette as there Online Director, thus I was in control of PackersNews.com. Nice little site also, but totally dictated by the writers and advertisers.

Finding PackersHome is a refreshing change of pace. I agree with the last post, this is probably one of the best Packer sites I have seen. Easy to use, clean, intuitive and fun! Always nice to listen to what the fans say, not an English major writing and article for money! (All though, they do have their value also as they actually get in the locker room.)

Thanks.
civic  
#95 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 3:13:40 PM(UTC)
How did I find this forum? Via Google.....hahaha Seriously I was a reader of several of other packer forums. I found them either to light on football or with too many self rightous bullies. I'm hoping that this site is neither of those.
zrated  
#96 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:25:39 PM(UTC)
I found this website through Google also. I was searching for Packer forums to get more support for the Click For Cans contest. The site was put together well so I bookmarked it :thumbright:
olds70supreme  
#97 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 5:41:24 PM(UTC)
I joned here after seeing a mention of this site on packersnews.net.
packersfan99  
#98 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:15:39 PM(UTC)
I find the site searching a way to see the GB games because I lived in Madrid and my cable company not always show every game on sundays.
dyeah_gb  
#99 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:29:50 PM(UTC)
I started looking for other GB websites sites after GB lost to the Giants in the NFC Championship because I was crushed and needed to hear that others were as miserable as I was.

I am not one to post alot on forums but if I think of something I will add my $0.02

Dyeah
tehl3x  
#100 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:52:11 PM(UTC)
Found you guys out by looking for Packer streams, stayed and have been revisiting (lurking mostly) for the discussions :)
Rss Feed