Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
15 Pages«<56789>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bboystyle  
#91 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 7:53:49 AM(UTC)
bboystyle

Applause Received: 2

Back in 2002,i joined my first Packer forum (packers.theinsiders.com) and LOVED it...Up until 2006-2007,all the good posters and fans started to fade away..I was curious to see what other sites were out there during the 207 or 2008 season (forget which one) and found this one...I was sold based on the layout and the video feeds but most of all the quality of the posters...Most people at the forum i used to post on are nagging lil bitches who complain about Favre,TT,or whatever else they can nit pick at instead of cheering for the team. I swear to god i never thought such packer fans exsisted...They continuously bash TT,hang on Favre's nutt sack,talk about trading Al Harris for some weird reason,but most of all the admin is apart of this "crew" and allows all the BS to go on because he agrees with it...But the moment I try to argue Rodgers is good,Favre is wack for what he did,and Ted Thompson is a great GM,i get suspended from posting...Now im a full tme poster over here! (when i get a chance to)
blank
Offline subin  
#92 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 10:40:26 AM(UTC)
subin

Applause Received: 3

I'd just like to point out that other than Zero's two accounts, I was the first user account created here. Does that make me special?
blank
Offline gijoe82  
#93 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 12:46:17 PM(UTC)
gijoe82

Applause Received: 1

I live in Northern California and love watching the Pack. We obviously dont get alot of the games. Last year I somehow stumbled on the site looking for the live game and I am so stoked I did find it. I love the links to jsonlie and GBPG articles. Though there is some crap here (there is on every site) it seems that most people who post here take the time to post well thought out questions and answers. Good job Zero and kudos to the rest of you who make this the best Packer site! - JT
blank
Offline wrolly  
#94 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 2:41:09 PM(UTC)
wrolly

Applause Received: 6

Adding to how I found this site...I use to work for the Green Bay Press-Gazette as there Online Director, thus I was in control of PackersNews.com. Nice little site also, but totally dictated by the writers and advertisers.

Finding PackersHome is a refreshing change of pace. I agree with the last post, this is probably one of the best Packer sites I have seen. Easy to use, clean, intuitive and fun! Always nice to listen to what the fans say, not an English major writing and article for money! (All though, they do have their value also as they actually get in the locker room.)

Thanks.
blank
Offline civic  
#95 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 3:13:40 PM(UTC)
civic

How did I find this forum? Via Google.....hahaha Seriously I was a reader of several of other packer forums. I found them either to light on football or with too many self rightous bullies. I'm hoping that this site is neither of those.
blank
Offline zrated  
#96 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:25:39 PM(UTC)
zrated

I found this website through Google also. I was searching for Packer forums to get more support for the Click For Cans contest. The site was put together well so I bookmarked it :thumbright:
blank
Offline olds70supreme  
#97 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 5:41:24 PM(UTC)
olds70supreme

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 35

I joned here after seeing a mention of this site on packersnews.net.
blank
Offline packersfan99  
#98 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:15:39 PM(UTC)
packersfan99

I find the site searching a way to see the GB games because I lived in Madrid and my cable company not always show every game on sundays.
blank
Offline dyeah_gb  
#99 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:29:50 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 24

I started looking for other GB websites sites after GB lost to the Giants in the NFC Championship because I was crushed and needed to hear that others were as miserable as I was.

I am not one to post alot on forums but if I think of something I will add my $0.02

Dyeah
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline tehl3x  
#100 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:52:11 PM(UTC)
tehl3x

Found you guys out by looking for Packer streams, stayed and have been revisiting (lurking mostly) for the discussions :)
blank
Offline masseyattack  
#101 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 9:43:16 PM(UTC)
masseyattack

I joined a year ago but forgot my log-in, I came across the site last year through packerchatters (which, at the time, had links to the streams on here).
blank
Offline sfpm  
#102 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 7:23:30 PM(UTC)
sfpm

I heard about the site from someone on the NFL UK forum and decided to give it a try
blank
Offline WhatHappensNow  
#103 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 8:36:16 PM(UTC)
WhatHappensNow

Discovered the site by luck after I was searching for Packer forums because the one I had been frequently visiting had become so infested with trolls that it really made visiting that site unpleasant. Now I've found a place that is more of a community which is great.
blank
Offline RainX  
#104 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 11:32:33 PM(UTC)
RainX

Applause Received: 5

Everyone notable on packerforum.com moved over here so I tagged along. :P
blank
Offline windsurfer  
#105 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 12:19:33 AM(UTC)
windsurfer

I also found this site through Google. Great to find there's a Raider connection on this site. I've had season tickets in Sec 104 since Raiders came back from LA. I was there when Favre lit up the Raiders, playing right after his father died. But then again, I watched the Packers (on TV) in the first Super Bowl beat the Chefs. I remember the Raiders' first trip to the Super Bowl was a Packers victory. I'm part of the TV generation, I grew up watching Lombardi's Packers in black and white. Everybody knew what play would be run most of the time, and which side they liked to run that sweep. Didn't matter, they'd still gain yards. They'd better, easier to gain yards against the Bears, than have to deal with Lombardi if you didn't. Lombardi probably could have broken an assistant coach's jaw and gotten away with it. The way the press protected them back then, who knows? Today the press won't let it go even if a team wanted it kept in-house.
blank
Rss Feed