Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RaiderPride  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:43:05 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 7/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 209

If we want to compare the two let's do it right.

Compare Brett's first two starts in the N.F.L to Chico's first two starts in the N.F.L.

Everything else is folly.

The whole world knows what Brett has done, but no one knows what Chico will do in the future. Right now... The only comparison as far as "Stats" is Chico and Brett, head to head, in their first two starts,

Oh.... I Reckon Chico is doing just fine.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline TheEngineer  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:03:44 AM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
If we want to compare the two let's do it right.

Compare Brett's first two starts in the N.F.L to Chico's first two starts in the N.F.L.

Everything else is folly.

The whole world knows what Brett has done, but no one knows what Chico will do in the future. Right now... The only comparison as far as "Stats" is Chico and Brett, head to head, in their first two starts,

Oh.... I Reckon Chico is doing just fine.


I don't know. Even comparing their first two games is not particularly useful as the debate is generally due to the trade of Brett Favre for starting Rodgers, and hence the "what can you do for me now?" attitude.

And even if this wasn't an issue, the league is far different now than 1992, as well as the coaching and the other players. In my opinion a fairer comparison would be the relative performance of Rodgers and Favre vs the league average, either now or first 2 starts.
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:58:23 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
If we want to compare the two let's do it right.

Compare Brett's first two starts in the N.F.L to Chico's first two starts in the N.F.L.

Everything else is folly.

The whole world knows what Brett has done, but no one knows what Chico will do in the future. Right now... The only comparison as far as "Stats" is Chico and Brett, head to head, in their first two starts,

Oh.... I Reckon Chico is doing just fine.

Even thats not fair. Favre was thrown into the fire, while Rodgers has had 3 years to learn the offense.
But i don't care either way........I love Favre and Rodgers. Favre was fun to watch, and helped to take us back to being PROUD of the Packers. So far, Rodgers has been great, and it looks like we might just get back to the top of the hill again.
I'm THRILLED about the Packers possibilities this year and beyond!
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:22:24 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,147
Applause Received: 1,518

I would actually prefer NOT to compare the two at all. No need.
Loved Brett for what he once was to GREN BAY. Love the idea that he could bring them a 2nd round pick.
Love Aaron for what he now does for GB.
Nothing else really matters.
No use debating if Brett would have done a better job than Aaron in GB in 2008. It ain't going to happpen so it just doesn't matter.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Cheesey  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:28:33 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I would actually prefer NOT to compare the two at all. No need.
Loved Brett for what he once was to GREN BAY. Love the idea that he could bring them a 2nd round pick.
Love Aaron for what he now does for GB.
Nothing else really matters.
No use debating if Brett would have done a better job than Aaron in GB in 2008. It ain't going to happpen so it just doesn't matter.

I agree WPR.
Rodgers is "our guy" now, so you can compare all you want, it doesn't matter. But that won't stop people or the media from doing it.
Maybe if Favre had still been here we would be 0-2 right now. It's ALL just "what if's" anyway, as there's no way to PROVE any of it.
I myself want to keep the memories packed away, and concentrate on what IS, not what was or what it might have been.
UserPostedImage
Offline CaliforniaCheez  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:40:18 AM(UTC)
CaliforniaCheez

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 132

You don't have to be a Favre fan or a Rodgers fan to the exclusion of the other.

You can like them both.

Anyone complementing one is not insulting the other. Don't take anyone to task for complementing a performance.

Look how many teams can't find one adequate QB!!


Realize also that as Rodgers continues to play he is gaining experience and learning from his mistakes. He'll look better when the best 5 O-linemen are playing.

The times were good with Brett. It is okay to say you enjoyed him as a player.

A win against the Cowboys will calm a lot of peoples confused feelings.
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:12:56 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
You don't have to be a Favre fan or a Rodgers fan to the exclusion of the other.

You can like them both.

Anyone complementing one is not insulting the other. Don't take anyone to task for complementing a performance.

Look how many teams can't find one adequate QB!!


Realize also that as Rodgers continues to play he is gaining experience and learning from his mistakes. He'll look better when the best 5 O-linemen are playing.

The times were good with Brett. It is okay to say you enjoyed him as a player.

A win against the Cowboys will calm a lot of peoples confused feelings.

I know, and agree Cali.
But some don't seem capable of that.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
13m / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

19m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

40m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann