Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 11:39:07 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 2,183

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The last time Harris was owned was three games ago. That is a fact.

When I made the highlight video of that game I noticed one thing about the Harris/Burress match up. The ball was placed VERY well and often times only in a location that Burress could catch it. I was very critical of his performance in that game, but gosh, the ball was placed very well and I'm not sure there is too many CB's who could have done better.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbpfan  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:25:49 AM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

i like harris you have to wach him when you think you have him boom an intercption,yes he draws penalties some huge but for the most part he plays well,this sunday we all know t.o will try and get the better of him but al needs to listen to team mates and take the help if needed took that from leroy in is Q&A on jsonline :icon_smile:
blank
Offline Packers_Finland  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:55:32 AM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

There is at least one shutdown corner in the league. Nnamdi Asomugha. I haven't seen much of him this year, but passes thrown his way last year were 9-of-29.
This is a placeholder
Offline Greg C.  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:36:07 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

There is at least one shutdown corner in the league. Nnamdi Asomugha. I haven't seen much of him this year, but passes thrown his way last year were 9-of-29.

You may be right. I haven't really gotten a chance to watch him play. I'm guessing that opposing QB's don't throw at him very often because the rest of the Raiders defense is much easier to deal with.
blank
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:42:40 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

When I made the highlight video of that game I noticed one thing about the Harris/Burress match up. The ball was placed VERY well and often times only in a location that Burress could catch it. I was very critical of his performance in that game, but gosh, the ball was placed very well and I'm not sure there is too many CB's who could have done better.

Finally I'm not alone in that line of thinking!!!

I got blasted by a certain someone for suggesting Eli was damn accurate that night. The stats may not show it, but Eli delivered the ball quickly, just as Plax came out of his breaks and before Al could turn his head around to realize a pass was coming.

Al got owned, but it wasn't as if Al showed his age. The Giants (and Eli/Plax specifically) executed magnificently.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Offline Pack93z  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:57:53 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 396
Applause Received: 1,073

I got blasted by a certain someone for suggesting Eli was damn accurate that night. .

Apparently you went to the Ned Yost school of accountability in protecting the name of the poster in error.. Yost just got called to the carpet on that affair.. so cough up the name. :lol:

Just kiddin.. I still wish Sanders would have rolled a safety over there to help a little... but the Giants attacked what could be attacked and won the game.

While I think Harris is toward the end.. he played well last season and so far this season, my concern with him and Woodson is that with their age can they stay healthy enough this season. Harris has had a bad back for two years now.. aging isn't going to help that any.. he is a warrior playing through it.. but sooner or later that is going to take a toll.

Woodson guts it out as well.. still a good tandem at the corners.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:58:26 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I got blasted by a certain someone for suggesting Eli was damn accurate that night. The stats may not show it, but Eli delivered the ball quickly, just as Plax came out of his breaks and before Al could turn his head around to realize a pass was coming.

Al got owned, but it wasn't as if Al showed his age. The Giants (and Eli/Plax specifically) executed magnificently.

AADP - You never were alone in that line of thinking. I've been saying all along that we did NOT beat ourselves that game. The Giants beat us. They played perfectly. So instead of blaming ourselves that game, we should be giving credit to them.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Online Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:51:39 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 2,183

I don't know how anyone who watched the game can say that Al Harris has lost an edge because of that performance.

If Harris was on the left, the ball would be thrown to the right and high. How the hell is someone who is almost a half foot shorter supposed to defend that?

I think people would rather knock Al Harris than give Eli Manning the credit he deserved in that game.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed