Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline evad04  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 6:05:39 PM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 76
Applause Received: 139

Let's not forget Al Harris SHOULD have had an interception against T.O. last year, were it not for a bad call. That was a momentum changer right there.

We have to use the home-field advantage, as well. Texas Stadium isn't the most fun for Green Bay to travel to. We have to make Lambeau Field a place people want to avoid as well.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Offline mi_keys  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 6:10:32 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 218
Applause Received: 352

Just have Gregorious Jennings roundhouse kick him in the face
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline blueleopard  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 6:28:55 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

The defense is just going to have to be there.

Let's say we stop T.O. The Cowboys still have Marion Barber and Jason Witten. If Hawk continues his steady play, Witten won't be a factor.

Barber is just a savage on the ground though. Green Bay has to prepare extremely well.

We also need to get a ground game going. Part of the reason why Rodgers was so successful against Big D last year was because of Ryan Grant.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline Rockjock07  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 6:34:11 PM(UTC)
Rockjock07

Putting a LB on TO is a really bad idea. It all comes down to the DL, if they can put pressure on Romo then we could be in good shape but if Romo has all day to throw, TO is going to have a historic day.

Also, Marion Barber is pretty damn good to, all in all, TO is not the only one to worry about. Oh, then there is Jason Witten who is the best TE in the league, hands down. This is a scary offense.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
Offline Greg C.  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 6:51:44 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
My fondest memory of Al Harris and T.O. is when Harris flipped T.O. over his head, for a tackle a few years back. He just up-ended him after he cought the ball. It was a sweet looking play.

I seem to remember Antuan Edwards doing that to Owens on an end-around when the Packers played the Niners at Lambeau. I'm thinking it was 2003. It was maybe the only highlight-reel play of Edwards' career as a Packer.
blank
Offline Greg C.  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 6:55:06 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

bump him as hard as possible right off the line ( no matter where he lines up) and give Al or whom ever some help over the top

I agree. But for whatever reason, last year they played a lot of zone. Also, the Cowboys avoided the bump by putting Owens in motion. I hope that having Woodson available this time will make a difference. When he goes in motion, let Woodson cover him. Call me crazy, but I do believe that Charles Woodson is a better corner than Jarrett Bush.
blank
Offline schroeder84  
#22 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 7:02:17 PM(UTC)
schroeder84

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 8

The other schroeder in this house says "Break his legs". And Tony Romo's arm.

Srsly, I suspect he will beat us badly at least once, but if we can keep it down to that with pressure on Romo and great coverage most of the time, there is a chance to minimize the damage. I don't see how you can entirely stop that kind of offensive setup.

We are going to be watching tonight's game with great interest to see what Philly can do or not do.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 7:13:17 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,954
Applause Received: 2,186

Hey, not Romo's arm, he's on my fantasy team lol
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#24 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 7:19:23 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 331
Applause Received: 443

The best way to contain TO is to have him standing on the sidelines.

What is Ryan Grants status?

He needs to get healthy and The packers need to pound the ball on the ground and shorten the game.

Control the clock, win the turnover battle and you are two-thirds of the way to a victory.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Mortfini  
#25 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 7:53:35 PM(UTC)
Mortfini

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 1

Its allright zero ill trade u somthing nice from my roster Im fastly becoming the lions of the fantasy leauge
UserPostedImage
Offline mkapp  
#26 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 8:29:10 PM(UTC)
mkapp

Applause Received: 1

pay too much attention to TO and Crayton/Witten will burn us over the middle. its going to be interesting to watch Dallas tonight and do some scouting.
UserPostedImage
Offline pack_in_black  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 9:22:45 PM(UTC)
pack_in_black

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 2

Blitz, blitz, blitz. That's my only guess. If they burn us deep, fine. We obviously have an offense that can keep up with, if not outpace them. Get pressure in Tony's face, and let Al & Chuck take it from there.
UserPostedImage

Thanks to Pack93z for the sig!
Offline gbpfan  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:34:21 AM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

with kgb back and hawk pickett jolly they all should be able to put pressure on romo the thing with romo is once out of the pocket if he still has time he will throw it but with woodson in back witten can be a beast back there not too worried about barber he is a beast but if they can sto ap they should be able to stop him and that is key they need to stop the run cowboys cant win just on passing game
blank
Offline yooperfan  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:56:29 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 604
Applause Received: 275

bump him as hard as possible right off the line ( no matter where he lines up) and give Al or whom ever some help over the top

I agree. But for whatever reason, last year they played a lot of zone. Also, the Cowboys avoided the bump by putting Owens in motion. I hope that having Woodson available this time will make a difference. When he goes in motion, let Woodson cover him. Call me crazy, but I do believe that Charles Woodson is a better corner than Jarrett Bush.

OK Greg you are crazy!
Now I think the only way to stop T.O. is to shoot him dead.
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:08:45 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

Packers should employ cloud coverage, that is to say have S help over Al. Let Al be as aggressive as he wants in terms of getting a jam on TO.

Rouse would be my idea S over Al, but I don't want him if he isn't healed from his injury he suffered in practice Friday. We need a fully healthy S, one who can run full speed and be athletic. If Rouse can't go, put in Collins. This will be the day we absolutely need Collins to step up (assuming he is the one covering Al's back).

As for Woodson, I'm unsure on what his presence can do to actually help Al cover TO. Last year's game, TO lined up on the outside a lot and then motioned and lined up as the 2nd slot receiver. Put simply: Al don't do Nickle (CB). That's why Al struggled so much, he was asked to play a role he doesn't play.

The problem is that if you have Woodson covering a guy in the slot next to Al, and TO goes in motion... even if you shift Woodson to TO, Al will be in the position of a Nickel CB. Still, I think I'd rather have Al covering someone like Crayton/Austin as opposed to TO if being asked to essentially play like a Nickel CB.

In my ideal world C-Wood would get most of the snaps covering TO, but I'd be hesitant to put Charles in a position like that with a broken toe that will affect his ability to cut and might limit his aggressiveness playing the ball in the air. Hence I'll say if TO goes in motion, find a way to allow Woodson to switch with Al (line them up both on the same side). Otherwise, employ cloud coverage and tell Al to do whatever he can to get a good jam on TO.

That, and blitz like no tomorrow. Get to Romo so he has to release the ball early. Also, we need to solidify the middle of the field, whoever draws Witten has to read Witten's body language and try to get his hands up or something when Witten is getting ready to catch. I'm thinking Hawk will get this assignment, so he has to be prepared to run step for step with Witten. I think he's up to it.

Finally, we HAVE to have the DTs stay in their lanes. Our LBs (blitzing or not) have to meet Barber and hit him hard. Chillar/Popp/Barnett have to be up to the task of trying to stop a hard-hitting RB. Hopefully experiences with Jacobs last year taught them a thing or two.

That's my two cents anyways. I'm honestly expecting Dallas to get their points, I just hope the Packers can go blow for blow with them in scoring.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Rss Feed