Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline walleye  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:56:29 AM(UTC)
walleye

If the Cowboys thought DeSean Jackson was a handful Monday night, wait until they see Greg Jennings on Sunday.

Jackson was a small, fast and inexperienced rookie wide receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles. Jennings is a compact, fast and powerful wideout with polish for the Green Bay Packers.

Ask the Detroit Lions, who surrendered bombs of 62 and 60 yards to Jennings last week. He finished the day with six catches for a career-best 167 yards.

Ask the AFC West. In 2007, Jennings singed the Denver Broncos for an 82-yard touchdown, the Oakland Raiders for an 80-yarder, the Kansas City Chiefs for a 60-yarder and the San Diego Chargers for a 57-yarder.

More Cowboys
Brett Favre looked to Donald Driver for first downs last season. But Jennings emerged as his deep threat with 12 touchdowns and a 17.4-yard average. Jennings is becoming both the go-to guy and deep threat for new Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Driver and Jennings have 11 catches apiece through two games this season. But Jennings has 258 yards and a 23.5-yard average. Driver has 90 yards and an 8.2-yard average.

Jennings (5-11, 198 pounds) will be more difficult for the Cowboys' cornerbacks to contain at the line than the 167-pound Jackson, who ripped Dallas for six catches and 110 yards, including a 60-yard bomb.

If the Cowboys play back against Jennings, he is a slant route waiting to happen. And few in the NFL run them better or are more dangerous after the catch. He can turn a 10-yard reception into a 60-yard gain.

Jennings caught five passes for 87 yards and a touchdown last year in his first game against the Cowboys. He caught Rodgers' first career TD pass during that game on a nifty 11-yard curl and spin. He also turned a quick sideline out into a 43-yard gain earlier in the same possession. So the Cowboys have already seen what Jennings can do.

The Cowboys didn't bring their A game for Jackson. They'd better bring it for Jennings.

And dont you guys forget Jennings is THE-MAN :whipitgood:
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Sponsor
Offline Packnic  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:38:46 AM(UTC)
Packnic

Safety Roy Williams is out for the game next week.

proceed licking chops.
blank
Offline digsthepack  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:43:08 AM(UTC)
digsthepack

Applause Received: 7

Isn't Terrance Neumann also out?
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Offline Since69  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:52:11 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Safety Roy Williams is out for the game next week.

That's too bad, really. Williams couldn't cover his head with an umbrella.
UserPostedImage
Offline TengoJuego  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:58:58 AM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

Isn't Terrance Neumann also out?

I think he is. He was out the last two weeks.
Offline gbpfan  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:22:11 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

well i hope jennings whoops the cowboys :whipitgood:
blank
Offline forkboy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:27:08 PM(UTC)
forkboy

So disappointed to hear that Williams is out, he's such a catastrophy at safety, and our recievers would have lit him up.
blank
Offline Greg C.  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:32:11 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

The way I see it, the Cowboys have a slight edge in this matchup because of their two big-play guys, Owens and Whitten. But is it possible that Jennings is now good enough to match what Owens does for the Cowboys? He's young and improving, while Owens is getting a little long in the tooth, though I admit that I still see no signs from Owens that he is in decline.
blank
Offline Mortfini  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:02:47 PM(UTC)
Mortfini

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 1

Newman was not at 100% vs the eagles so he was only playing nickel but he should be starting for the cowboys sunday night
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:18:26 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Thanks for the article and the ADD seizures your sig caused lol

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:27:08 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Owens is physically strong and outmuscles defenders for the ball and also can break tackles.

Jennings has a very strange quickness to him, which doesn't show up on paper but shows up on the football field. That's why he wasn't a first round draft pick, because nobody knew just how good he was.

Very different styles. For our O, Gregorious is better. We have a lot of slant and timing routes that rely more on YAC.

By the way, Gregorious is leading the NFL in receiving yards. :D
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline JNelson87  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:30:57 PM(UTC)
JNelson87

Witten is most likely out too. We should do okay.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:32:07 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Really? Where ya hear that from bud??

edit,

Quote:
IRVING -- Sitting by his locker, with just a couple of Band-Aids on his injured shoulder, Cowboys tight end Jason Witten played a pretty convincing game of downplay.

It hurt a little bit.

A little sore.

It wasnt that bad.

Which would have been even slightly believable had Witten not bolted for the locker room after crash-landing on his shoulder late in the first half. Guys like Witten, guys who keep running when their helmets pop off like in a previous Eagles game, do not retreat to the locker room for a bump or bruise or owie.

And sure enough, further prodding revealed the Band-Aids were where he had taken the pain-killer shot to allow him to return. Witten did come back, in time to join Dallas next drive and finish two catches to set up a field goal before halftime.

I wanted to get back out there as quick as I can, Witten said. I think I got it good. Well look at it (Tuesday morning) and see what happens.

The truth is Wittens shoulder is not good. It is separated. And it is not likely to be right for a while, meaning he is going to have to play through this.

Witten will, just like he did Monday.

This will be dismissed by many, a gutty footnote in a long regular season. I think actually this is another sign of just how much mentally tougher this team is than a year ago. And Owner Jones has a theory as to why.

I think what we have this year is one that had to live with a disappointing end to last year, Owner Jones said. It has been emphasized that we are a team that hasnt been able to pass the test in the playoffs.

A few were trying to compare this to Monday Night Football in Buffalo a year ago. I disagree. That felt a bit fortuitous. This was the Cowboys imposing their will by games end, with a little help from Donovan McNabbs inexplicable double-pump on a handoff which led to Brian Westbrooks fumble.

But the Cowboys who jumped on it and who scored the touchdown and who stopped Donovan McNabb and Co. for a final time to seal this victory ... They won this game.

What was most impressive is how both sides of the ball, on defense and offense, bounced back from ugly moments. And plenty of ugly existed Monday. Owner Jones was not kidding when he talked about being fortunate to win. Breaks were made, though.

McNabb had been abusing this Cowboy defense until they tightened up to get back-to-back stops on Phillys final two possessions. And Tony Romo bounced back from his mistakes, an endzone fumble and interception, to lead his teammates to a 41-37 victory.

There are a couple of drives there where hed love to have them back. It shows how he has grown into a mature quarterback, Witten said. The way he led the team Alright guys, here is what the deal is offensively we have to score some point. He did a great job of keeping us all in the loop.

So was Witten trying to keep pace with Romo, who stayed in a game with a bleeding chin in Week 1?

Hes little bit tougher than I am, Witten said.

Wait. Really?

No, Im joking, he said.

Witten is one of the toughest SOBs in football and he reminded us all of this on Monday, which is a good sign that maybe this team will be tougher come playoffs.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Rios39  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:35:01 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Really? Where ya hear that from bud??

This from his ESPN Player Card:

News: Witten played the second half of Monday's win over the Eagles with a separated shoulder, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. "I wanted to get back out there as quick as I can," Witten said. "I think I got it good. We'll look at it (Tuesday morning) and see what happens."
blank
Offline JNelson87  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:42:10 PM(UTC)
JNelson87

Wow, so he'll actually try to play on Sunday... I shouldn't have expected any less from Witten. He's the toughest player they have. If he does play, I don't think he'll be much of a factor but we'll have to defend him like he's 100percent.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed