Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
5 Pages«<345

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#81 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 12:05:22 AM(UTC)
Did Brett ever get a fine in the 16 years he played for the Packers?
DGB454  
#82 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 8:46:30 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Did Brett ever get a fine in the 16 years he played for the Packers?

Yes,

Quote:

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (Milwaukee, WI)
| November 21, 2002 |

Byline: Tom Silverstein

GREEN BAY, Wis. __ Brett Favre was fined $5,000 for his late hit on Minnesota defensive back Jack Brewer last Sunday and he was none too happy about the ruling.

The Green Bay Packers' quarterback said he had not seen the letter from the National Football League informing him of the punishment, but a league spokesman confirmed he had been fined.

There is an official appeals process and Favre said he fully intends to use it.

"It's ridiculous is what it is," Favre said. "All the times people aren't fined for hitting me. C'mon, it wasn't a defenseless player. I didn't hit him in the head. I dove. I didn't know he was tackled. Was he out of bounds? Yeah, he was out of bounds. It wasn't premeditated or anything like that."

Brewer intercepted Favre near the goal-line and returned the ball 23 yards before being run out of bounds by receiver Javon Walker. Shortly after Brewer crossed the boundary, Favre made contact with him, throwing his left shoulder into Brewer's side.

The hit didn't cause Brewer to tumble to the ground, but it clearly happened after Brewer was out of bounds, prompting the officials to penalize Favre 15 yards for unnecessary roughness.
Dulak  
#83 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 10:54:59 AM(UTC)
You know whats wierd I just watched the replays of the games (over the past couple days) on nfl.com
and I saw another QB doing the same type of block. I cant remember which guy it was now
- was on a replay at nfl.com he threw a interception and the guy is running back and then the QB runs in front of him and does the same block that brent did.

makes you wonder
Formo  
#84 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 11:01:22 AM(UTC)
You know whats wierd I just watched the replays of the games (over the past couple days) on nfl.com
and I saw another QB doing the same type of block. I cant remember which guy it was now
- was on a replay at nfl.com he threw a interception and the guy is running back and then the QB runs in front of him and does the same block that brent did.

makes you wonder

Yeah.. Makes you wonder..

They are freakin' QBs. They don't throw blocks.. It's just not what they do. But they DO want to help their team win.. even if that means to throw their bodies hap-hazardly in front of a pursuing defender. (i.e. Trent Green a few years ago)

These are all non-issues. People love to stroke their self-righteous egos and blow these issues out of preportion.
4PackGirl  
#85 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 12:46:23 PM(UTC)
yes formo & we ALL know who you like to stroke. ;)
Dulak  
#86 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 1:17:34 PM(UTC)

People love to stroke their self-righteous egos and blow these issues out of preportion.

You know what I couldnt think of a description of this and you came up with the perfect one. +1
dhazer  
#87 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 2:17:33 PM(UTC)
i remember in the super bowl between the Steelers and Seahawks when hasselbeck got picked off and when pittsburgh was returning it Hasselbeck did the throw your body in front of a blocker and he got called for an illegal block. I always wondered how you can get nailed for an illegal block when your trying to tackle.
nyrpack  
#88 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:15:02 PM(UTC)
i cant understand the packer fans who think favre is cheap for doing this !!, if he was still on the pack not one of these people would have any problem with it, brett always goes 110 % no matter pre season or not, hes not a right tackle hes a qb trying to anything for a win , not trying to hurt someone !!
Cheesey  
#89 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:54:52 PM(UTC)
i cant understand the packer fans who think favre is cheap for doing this !!, if he was still on the pack not one of these people would have any problem with it, brett always goes 110 % no matter pre season or not, hes not a right tackle hes a qb trying to anything for a win , not trying to hurt someone !!

First off, your statement is wrong. If he was still a Packer, i would STILL say it was the wrong way to block. I don't care WHO'S team he, or any other player is on, it was wrong to dive at someone's knees. I don't give "free passes" to ANY player, whether he's on MY team or not. If Aaron Rodgers does it, i STILL say it's wrong.

I do NOT think he was trying to go at the guy's knees. I think he was only trying to block, but did a lousy job of it. BUT, if you are EVER going to block, you HAVE to learn how to do it properly, or you have NO business trying to throw a block. Learn to do it right, or don't block period. To ruin someone's career because you are a QB and don't know the proper way to block, then DON'T BLOCK.
Now......10 grand? Like 4pack said.....to Favre, thats "chump change". A slap on the wrist.
Kingdom22  
#90 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:09:02 PM(UTC)
Favre use to do these blocks when he was with the Packers. Was he not saying that he had cracked ribs or something? Imagine this after that block the guy falls on him, I don't think he will be doing these blocks again. Just in case you guys missed it, he is trying to prove that he is enjoying being in Minnesota.
Nonstopdrivel  
#91 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:37:55 PM(UTC)
Favre use to do these blocks when he was with the Packers.

No matter how many times people keep saying this, it's still a non-argument. It ignores the obvious fact that Favre was not lined up as a quarterback when he threw this block. He was lined up as a wide receiver and blocked the defender back toward the play, and that makes all the difference.
JD  
#92 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 1:59:17 PM(UTC)
"No matter the name"... yes but less than some others have been docked..

Favre fined $10,000 for illegal hit
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 4, 2009 4:16 PM ET
Brett Favre reverie in the national media has been a running joke among fans for years, but it was hard to find anyone this week that defended the 'ol ballplayer a pass for his illegal crackblock block Monday night against Texans safety Eugene Wilson. (Although someone, somewhere surely said it was "just football.")

The NFL has agreed Favre's hit was dirty, announcing Friday they fined Favre $10,000 for the play. The league's message is clear: no one is allowed to take a cheap shot, no matter the name.

Wilson had to leave the game, but reportedly did not suffer any serious injury from the play that Texans tackle Eric Winston called "bush league."

At least Favre can write the fine off as a tax deduction... :D
johnny_blood  
#93 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 2:08:57 PM(UTC)
This was a bad block. It was below the waist but not really that low, he made contact at the thighs.

I don't think he had malicious intent, I think he was flailing.

He deserves the penalty but not any scorn. Not a huge deal.

Childress using Favre to crackback block after three days of being back in football was idiotic.
Rss Feed