Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:09:48 PM(UTC)
Well looks like our purple friends to the west are starting to panic a little.. Ol' Gus Frerotte is going to be starting for the Vikings this weekend..

With the way the offensive line is protecting so far.. I wonder if Gus will make it through the game. :lol:

Looks like they are trying to jump start the passing game.. they might want to revisit the contract they gave Berrian this offseason..
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:14:28 PM(UTC)
Is Jackson injured?
Pack93z  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:18:24 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Is Jackson injured?

Negatory... a healthy scatch.

Two games into the season, the Minnesota Vikings have made a change at quarterback.

Multiple media outlets are reporting that Gus Frerotte will replace Tarvaris Jackson at quarterback for Sundays game against the Carolina Panthers.

So far this season Jackson has completed 30 of 59 passes for 308 yards, with one touchdown and one interception. Frerotte started three games for the Rams last season and completed 94 of 167 passes for 1,014 yards, with seven touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:28:15 PM(UTC)
QB trouble already....

Vikes, what you think about this?
Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:00:05 PM(UTC)
Hmmmm..... boy does this bring back memories of say 2 years ago here in Packerland..

http://www.firechilly.com/
Cheesey  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:10:09 PM(UTC)
Gus "Free-Rot"........how fitting a name for a guy playing QB for the Vikings!!!LOLOLOL!!!
Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:00:53 PM(UTC)
Was it him or Heath Shuler that gave himself a concussion after scoring a TD by ramming their head into the padded stadium deal at the end of the end zone?
Pack93z  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:14:29 PM(UTC)
Zero.. that was non other than Gus..
TengoJuego  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:32:22 PM(UTC)
Gus, Gus Bus. They're season has just gone down the gutter. Poor Queens...Wait? BAHAHAHAHA
vikesrule  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:54:30 PM(UTC)
QB trouble already....

Vikes, what you think about this?

The Jackson experiment has been a huge mistake. He is just not capable of playing at the required level.
Either Childress finally admitted this to himself, or Wilf explained to Childress the future of the unemployment line.

Personally I think that Childress is not capable of coaching at the NFL level either.

Basically the main problem is Chilldress, the supposed "quarterback guru" is a failure

At this point, changing the head coach would not be good, so let's try a different approach...not that it might make any difference.

Everything else aside, compare whatever stats you want to, that fact is, the Vikings under Childress are 14-20 and against the Packers 0-5.

Childress IS the problem.....damn I wish that he had gone to Green Bay.

Some Vikings Fans with better technical football knowledge than I have might have a better take on it.
Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:58:55 PM(UTC)

Some Vikings Fans with better technical football knowledge than I have might have a better take on it.

Well they are in quite the stir over there on the PPO today.. I think I am going to stay off the boards there for a while.. even the mildly pokes of humor are getting churned over in the tidal wave of bickering and general negativity.

We had our share of drama in the offseason.. the Vikes one upped us and decided to hold "As the TJ and Chilly Turn" in the regular season. :lol:
vikesrule  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:09:35 PM(UTC)

Well they are in quite the stir over there on the PPO today.. I think I am going to stay off the boards there for a while.. even the mildly pokes of humor are getting churned over in the tidal wave of bickering and general negativity.

We had our share of drama in the offseason.. the Vikes one upped us and decided to hold "As the TJ and Chilly Turn" in the regular season. :lol:

Understandable...that is why I tried to stay out of the Favre debacle here.

As to PP.O, I can relate best to RK's thread on "I'm so tired.."

Over 40 years as a Vikings Fan.....I'm getting too old for this shit.
Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:36:10 PM(UTC)
VR, I can empathize with your current outlook on your team, but may I offer a phrase from one NodakPaul..

"At least I am not a Lions fans"
Your fanhood could always be worse.

By the way.. that is a heck of a post by RK.. it doesn't just post scantily clad women now does he. ;)
vikesrule  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:47:58 PM(UTC)
Thanks, good point by Nodak.

However in my current mood, I can't help be reminded of (and to paraphrase others), and with a little bit added .......

Week after week, year after year, decade after decade .....

only the Minnesota Vikings can continually snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Oh, I'll be better soon. There might be cracks appearing, but I will always be a Vikings Fan (may God have mercy on me).

Perhaps to cheer me up I shall become a Cowboys Fan for a week, just to "pee in ZombieSlayer's cheerios" :thumbright:
Pack93z  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:57:27 PM(UTC)
Hey I am a Brewers fan.. I know all too well the snatching a defeat out of a sure victory... but at least we ditched the skipper that became a little to tense in the britches.

Cowboy fan eh.. when is the last time they won a playoff game.. what.... the Vikings have actually won a playoff game since the Pokes last won one.. I think that to be true.. so yep.. they fit the criteria. :lol:

Sorry.. just had too.
Cheesey  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:58:33 PM(UTC)
Thanks, good point by Nodak.

However in my current mood, I can't help be reminded of (and to paraphrase others), and with a little bit added .......

Week after week, year after year, decade after decade .....

only the Minnesota Vikings can continually snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Oh, I'll be better soon. There might be cracks appearing, but I will always be a Vikings Fan (may God have mercy on me).

Perhaps to cheer me up I shall become a Cowboys Fan for a week, just to "pee in ZombieSlayer's cheerios" :thumbright:

You will ALWAYS be a Vikings fan?
In that case God will have NO mercy on you. He has TRIED to show you the errors of your ways. HE has pointed you to "the light", yet you choose NOT to partake of the bread of fan life, and CHOOSE to remain in fandom darkness. Go to the light Vikesrule! It's NOT too late to turn from the Viking darkness, to the light of the GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!
Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:00:50 PM(UTC)

Oh, I'll be better soon. There might be cracks appearing,

And HERE they ARE!!! :pottytrain2: :pottytrain1: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain1: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain1: :thumbright:
Formo  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:51:13 PM(UTC)
Considering Chilly and the team's positive feedback on T-Jack this offseason/preseason, I was somewhat surprised with this move. What shocked me was "Childress indicated that the switch would not be temporary, and that Frerotte is now the starter for the Vikings."

Here's a few questions I have, then. How long WILL T-Jack be ridin' the pine? Will the playcalling improve? Will the execution improve? Obviously, those questions will be answered in the following weeks.

One thing's for sure.. We'll definitely find out what the Vikings offense's problems are, it being either the QB play or the playcalling. Maybe even the O-Line factor will make an appearance.

I'll say this; I'm excited to see who the REAL culprit of the Vikings offensive woes is.
Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:54:44 PM(UTC)
I think to find the real culprit you need to look no further than the sidelines. I think the Vikings have the worst BEST team in the NFL. Loads of talent and a HC that doesn't know what the hell he's doing. That's just my opinion.
Formo  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:59:57 PM(UTC)
I think to find the real culprit you need to look no further than the sidelines. I think the Vikings have the worst BEST team in the NFL. Loads of talent and a HC that doesn't know what the hell he's doing. That's just my opinion.

Ya'know.. I've supported Chilly and T-Jack as much as I've supported Denny and Moss in '98. With a few exceptions -=cough=-McKinney-=cough=- anyone wearing Purple I support.

I've stated many times, from when they first donned the beautiful Viking horns all the way through the past rough 2+ seasons, that I wasn't going to jump off their 'support wagon' until this season. I'll give 'em both until week 4 or 5 before I stop placing hope in them, and stop defending them.

And from the looks of it, you may be right.. Although I'm not fully ready to stake that as my claim.
Rss Feed