Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shield4life  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:18:34 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Yes Rodgers might of had more time to watch learn and probably a better team then most qb's that would start there first game ... but still I must give credit to where it's due and Rodgers has been very impressive. The way he handled vikings d-line was incredible ... as good as Favre ... most of you would say put any QB and it would be good but I highly doubt it. Rodgers doesn't only have the talent to play but he also has the brain and take's smarter and less riskier decision then Brett does. For example some plays Brett is in the rush and running to the outside he would tend to try to fit it in even if it was impossible which led to some int's on the other hand Rodgers tends to throw them out and not risk getting sacked nor getting int. Bravo Rodgers very impressive first 2 starts
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline Trippster  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:26:54 AM(UTC)
Trippster

Applause Received: 10

comparing any qb with 2 games experience to one that is a HOF'er is redonkulous.

To say he makes better decisions is also premature. So far he has faced the worst pass defense last year and then the lions.

Why do we have to compare them? They both bring attrubutes to the table that are good and bad. To say we are better off or worse off is simply conjecture.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Offline bigfog  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:45:12 AM(UTC)
bigfog

The packers are a much, much, MUCH better team now then when Favre was thrown in. This team has far better athletes than that one had.

Some of the comparison points (accuracy, looking off receivers, scrambling ability) are valid, but it's important to keep in mind that Aaron has a helluva lot in terms of weapons to throw to, while Favre at that time had Sharpe and that was about it.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Offline bigfog  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:47:14 AM(UTC)
bigfog

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Rodgers is having a way better start then Brett has. Hopefully he will pan out better then Brett.

I'm not sure how much better you can "pan out" than being a sure-fire first ballot hall of famer.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Offline wpr  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:11:02 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,141
Applause Received: 1,513

The packers are a much, much, MUCH better team now then when Favre was thrown in. This team has far better athletes than that one had.

Some of the comparison points (accuracy, looking off receivers, scrambling ability) are valid, but it's important to keep in mind that Aaron has a helluva lot in terms of weapons to throw to, while Favre at that time had Sharpe and that was about it.

Agreed but what else do you really need when you are THE BRETT? :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:11:53 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,141
Applause Received: 1,513

Rodgers is having a way better start then Brett has. Hopefully he will pan out better then Brett.

I'm not sure how much better you can "pan out" than being a sure-fire first ballot hall of famer.

Perhaps he could be voted into the HOF BEFORE he retires? :cheers:
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Rss Feed