Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dannychau22  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:42:18 AM(UTC)
Sorry if this was posted already
Favre on Rodgers
CubanPenguin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:07:23 AM(UTC)
That was pretty cool, he seems to have alot of respect for him, I thought it was funny that he said that Rodgers is smarter then he is.
eap33  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:43:45 PM(UTC)
No speakers... transcript anyone?
zombieslayer  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:35:41 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
That was pretty cool, he seems to have alot of respect for him, I thought it was funny that he said that Rodgers is smarter then he is.

Rodgers is smarter than a lot of people. I wouldn't be surprised if his IQ qualifies him for Mensa. That's always been one of his strengths.
RaiderPride  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:20:20 PM(UTC)
If Brett is going to say: "Hes is smarter than me." Brett should have also said: "He is better than me right now."

I mean as long as you are being honest, why not go all the way with it?
bigfog  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:28:50 PM(UTC)
If Brett is going to say: "Hes is smarter than me." Brett should have also said: "He is better than me right now."

You keep that up RaiderPride, and Roddy's liable to find you.
Roddyboy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:33:41 PM(UTC)

*edited* <pack93z> if I see a personal attack I will remove it </pack93z>

Jeez...2 games and you got Rodgers going to the HOF, don't you, RP?

It must be nice to live on fantasy island. :pottytrain1:
RaiderPride  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:00:54 PM(UTC)
Note the words "RIGHT NOW."

As in, "He's better than me RIGHT NOW."

He is better than Brett right now. Look at the stats. No where in my post is any mention of the H.O.F.

*edited <pack93z> great post R.P. you are my hero ,/pack93z>
Roddyboy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:16:22 PM(UTC)
No, he's not better than Favre, RIGHT NOW.

I'd like to see A-Rod on the Jets. Now that would be funny.

Favre on the Packers, on the other hand, would have similar numbers or better.

A-Rod is not better than Favre, nor will he EVER BE.

Is A-Rod going to break every NFL passing record that matters in the book?

I highly doubt it.
Cheesey  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:22:25 PM(UTC)

I highly doubt it.

(Now....to give the proper meaning of this post)

WAAAHHHHH!!!! I WANT BRETT FAVRE TO BE OUR QB!!! I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD RODGERS IS! I WILL POUT AND CARRY ON LIKE THIS ALL SEASON! RODGERS COULD BE THE MVP OF THE LEAGUE, WIN THE SUPER BOWL, BE THE SUPER BOWL MVP AND I STILL WOULD SAY HE'S NO GOOD!!! WHY??? CAUSE HE'S NOT BRETT FAVVVVVVVRE!!!! WAHHHHHH!!!!

That sums it up better i believe.
RaiderPride  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:36:24 PM(UTC)
I never wrote that he would. Brett is special.

Of course there are records Chico will never break. I do not think Chico has a chance of ending up with the NFL record for most career Interceptions . It is also probable he will not break the record for most completions or T.D.'s

More Superbowl Rings then Brett? I would say yes he will accomplish that, and when it is all done and over with, that is all that really matters to most players that ever played the game.
ChilliMaddensChilli  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:56:13 PM(UTC)
We made the right move by moving on from Favre. Rodgers is playing great and we dont have to pay him 12 million.
Cheesey  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:17:40 PM(UTC)
I never wrote that he would. Brett is special.

Of course there are records Chico will never break. I do not think Chico has a chance of ending up with the NFL record for most career Interceptions . It is also probable he will not break the record for most completions or T.D.'s

More Superbowl Rings then Brett? I would say yes he will accomplish that, and when it is all done and over with, that is all that really matters to most players that ever played the game.

I agree RP.
But just saying Rodgers will be good is "attacking" favre to some. They think that NO ONE will EVER be good here. ONLY Favre matters to them.
It's really sad, cause reality says either way that Favre would have been gone one way or another within the next one to two seasons. These people have not prepared themselves for the inevitable. They think there just CAN'T be Packer football after Favre. They forget that there WAS Packer football before him, and there will be after him.
I think they would be much more satisfied if they left here and went to a Jets forum, until Favre retires permanently. Here all they will do is complain how Rodgers will never amount to anything.....he just CAN'T!
I REALLY feel sorry for them, as they are missing out on a beautiful start to this season, and to our new QB's career.
They are so busy looking down at their shoes that they are missing the fireworks!
Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:40:50 PM(UTC)
The subject was Brett being classy toward Rodgers.. but again it ended right where every thread with Favre does.. in a winding debate that turns into a speculative argument.

Brett has a body of work that few if anyone has challenged, Rico has 2 very specular starts, and projects well going forward.

Then people wonder why some kindly ask that those debates be held in his very own forum.. something that no other player has. That there is respect.
Cheesey  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:45:50 PM(UTC)
The subject was Brett being classy toward Rodgers.. but again it ended right where every thread with Favre does.. in a winding debate that turns into a speculative argument.

Brett has a body of work that few if anyone has challenged, Rico has 2 very specular starts, and projects well going forward.

Then people wonder why some kindly ask that those debates be held in his very own forum.. something that no other player has. That there is respect.

Sorry Pack93z.....i keep allowing myself to get dragged into it.

Anyone that brings up BF outside of that area you mentioned is just asking for trouble. I love the guy.........but he's NOT here anymore. Aaron Rodgers is "my" guy now.
Pack93z  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:52:05 PM(UTC)
Nothing to be sorry about.. but it happens every time he is mentioned, no matter the context. Even in a classy move it quickly degrades into the course..

Brett Vs Aaron Vs Mike Vs Ted.. no matter the record or performance.. we as Packer boards can't seem to be content that we are performing well, not perfect, but we are playing winning ball.

It is just that we can't seem to have a conversation even broaching Favre without both the shots or praising taking hold of the thread..
dhazer  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:00:47 PM(UTC)

I highly doubt it.

WAAAHHHHH!!!! I WANT BRETT FAVRE TO BE OUR QB!!! I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD RODGERS IS! I WILL POUT AND CARRY ON LIKE THIS ALL SEASON! RODGERS COULD BE THE MVP OF THE LEAGUE, WIN THE SUPER BOWL, BE THE SUPER BOWL MVP AND I STILL WOULD SAY HE'S NO GOOD!!! WHY??? CAUSE HE'S NOT BRETT FAVVVVVVVRE!!!! WAHHHHHH!!!!

Well after reading alot of posts, alot of people are making Rodgers the MVP of the league already and the SuperBowl MVP. C'mon guys gimmie a break he played 2 games againt 2 very very weak pass defenses. I for one can't stand Rodgers but will admit he has played well, but wait before you crown him as god please. I will say this; in chat during the Lions game i was chuckling because when Rodgers was struggling for that quarter or so alot of people sure turned on him fast, is this what we get to put up with all year? But getting back to the reason of the thread i will say that it was Brett being Brett and saying what he thinks and not whats politically correct like Rodgers does(but then again Brett don't have ARI).

I just want the Packers to win we are 1/2 way to my total win predictions for the year so go Pack
longtimefan  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:09:47 PM(UTC)

I highly doubt it.

Well after reading alot of posts, alot of people are making Rodgers the MVP of the league already and the SuperBowl MVP. C'mon guys gimmie a break he played 2 games againt 2 very very weak pass defenses. I for one can't stand Rodgers but will admit he has played well, but wait before you crown him as god please.

and what is funny about that?

Majority of fans said he sucks, wont last 1st game, will be bad for a while etc...etc...

So why was it okay for them to bash him with even SEEING him play but yet its not okay to have HIGH hopes for him now?
dingus  
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:13:24 PM(UTC)
Once again don't see any crowning going on, just excited fans responding to a positive statement made by our former starting QB.
zombieslayer  
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:15:40 PM(UTC)
It's too bad this thread degenerated. It's nice that BF said something positive about Aaron Rodgers . I thought it was a classy move on BF 's part. Nothing more.
Rss Feed