Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:11:35 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

case in point, the Monday Night game with Philly.

Romo, on the eve of his own goalline and under pressure not only fumbled but looked about as unathletic as a person can while doing it. Then the interception which was caused by pressure and resulted in a dumb throw.

This is a team of celebrities. Hit em hard, bring pressure, play your game and you can beat them despite the accolades and media hype. That defense really doesnt measure up to our Offense so far. So putting pressure on the backfield is not only key, its the only key.

Well said.

Speaking of celebrities, I bet if you add up Romo's IQ with Jessica Simpson's, it will be close to Aaron Rodgers 's.

Romo can't handle pressure. Get in his face. That should be our gameplan. Get in Romo's face.

Reporter - So, Mike McCarthy , how do you expect to beat the Cows?
Mike McCarthy - Get in Romo's face.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline wpr  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:37:31 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,235
Applause Received: 1,556

[size=18]Correction-[/size]

case in point, the Monday Night game with Philly.

Romo, on the eve of his own goalline and under pressure not only fumbled but looked about as unathletic as a person can while doing it. Then the interception which was caused by pressure and resulted in a dumb throw.

This is a team of celebrities. Hit em hard, bring pressure, play your game and you can beat them despite the accolades and media hype. That defense really doesnt measure up to our Offense so far. So putting pressure on the backfield is not only key, its the only key.

Well said.

Speaking of celebrities, I bet if you add up Romo's IQ with Jessica Simpson's, it will be close to Aaron Rodgers 's.

Romo can't handle pressure. Get in his face. That should be our gameplan. Get in Romo's face.

Reporter - So, Mike McCarthy , how do you expect to beat the Cows?

Mike McCarthy - Oh we have a few things planned. Thinking to self, "Get in Romo's face."
UserPostedImage
Offline Roddyboy  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:39:49 PM(UTC)
Roddyboy

I just hope that TO doesn't treat Al Harris like the bitch that Plaxico treated him like last year... :crybaby:
blank
Offline TengoJuego  
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:45:32 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

I would rather see Woodson on Owens. Harris struggles against Big Wideouts. But pressure is where we need to look to stop T.O. We need to cut off the head! The rest of the body is useless without its head!
Offline bozz_2006  
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:01:31 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

I just hope that TO doesn't treat Al Harris like the bitch that Plaxico treated him like last year... :crybaby:

do you?
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:09:34 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

I'd have hoped you actually watched the game. You'd see that yes Plaxico had the upper hand, but when you're six inches plus more than the the defender. It's easy to do that. It also doesn't hurt that when the defender is on the left the ball is thrown to the upper right way out of his reach. Hardly a complete ownage like some people who didn't pay attention to WHY Plaxico racked up a lot of yards in the first half of the game.

Plaxico had something like four catches for 42 yards in the second half. Obviously he was adjusted for and I don't think he even scored a TD in that game.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline FloridaPacker88  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:16:53 PM(UTC)
FloridaPacker88

Remember last season Woodson and KGB were both absent, and they're both intricate parts of our pass Defense. Romo seems to cave under pressure so we need to bring it early and often. Dallas O-line is one of monsters but they struggle against pure speed rushers, I recall Trent Cole who is much smaller than even KGB beating Flozell adams on several accounts throughout last season, i didn't pay much attention to him on MNF though (to focused on the fire works!). I think our Dline may be in for a feast.

This will all help Harris and the others in coverage as Dallas very much so neutralized our Pass rush last year.

Another big help will be Woodson being in the line up, His Ballhawking abillity will prompt them to throw away from him which could very much so allow us to double T.O. If they put Owens into Motion it wont be Jarrett Bush and Tramon Williams out there this year, as if they move him into the slot its usually Mr. Woodson covering the slot man in Nickel Packages, so in order to neutralize Harris' Press Coverage their gonna have to shift him to other side of the field were Tramon WIlliams is. If He moves to that side they should slide the coverage over there, or even have Harris follow him.

We need to play to our strengths this game, changing our scheme only benifits them more as seen last season. We need to be physical every down, we may and probably will give up some big plays, but at least were gonna make em work for it.
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:32:27 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Quote:
Hes almost surely the best receiver on the Packers regular-season schedule this year and might be one of the three or four best receivers in the game.
im sorry but i thought we have to play indy with Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne and lets not forget Andre Johnson

Do you honestly believe that any of those guys are better than Owens?
blank
Offline FloridaPacker88  
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:34:52 PM(UTC)
FloridaPacker88

Harrison has seen better days as a Wideout but he's still very capable. He's def not a T.O. though. Andre Johnson when Healthy can much so be brought into the conversation if its about pure skill and talent. Wayne is an excellent wideout but he's a much different mold of wideout.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed