Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shanks2122  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 12:21:38 AM(UTC)
I just read an article on espn and it was all about new and up coming QB's in the league(the top five)

Rodgers name didn't even come up

it was

rothisberger (i can't spell)
cutler
homo
manning
rivers

riddiculaus(i can't spell)
nathaniel  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 1:07:55 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I just read an article on espn and it was all about new and up coming QB's in the league(the top five)

it was

rothisberger (i can't spell)
cutler
homo
manning
rivers

riddiculaus(i can't spell)

This sounds like a list that should have come out two years ago. Rothlisberger and Manning already have Super Bowl rings, for crying out loud.
porky88  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 2:36:23 AM(UTC)
I think ESPN is just keeping things real for now. Rodgers has started two games. Those QB's have at least started through one season. Some obviously more.

I would say if Rodgers continues to play like he does, he's right up in the discussion.

Although I will say that scouts inc isn't and never was as high on the Packers as you would think they should be considering the 13-3 record last year and the early start this year.
djcubez  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 3:40:26 AM(UTC)
Yea but with a headline like "up and coming" you'd think it would be about guys that only have 2 starts under their belt that are indeed rising up the ladder. If I were to make a list with that title it would have Trent Edwards and Aaron Rodgers on the top right now...
agopackgo4  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 6:30:25 AM(UTC)
yeah, when i saw the name of the thread "new quarterbacks" I thought we were talking really young guys, or guys just getting their chance.
Greg C.  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:30:23 AM(UTC)

Yes, it did. They mentioned him early in the article, along with Derek Anderson and Trent Edwards, but they decided to only consider QB's who had a larger body of work. Fair enough. With only two games under his belt, it's hard to make a lot of comparisons between Rodgers and those QB's in the article, although eventually I think he will stack up very well against them.

Here's the link:
http://sports.espn.go.co...fl/news/story?id=3594747
obi1  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 10:59:28 AM(UTC)
They overlook A-Rod is fine with me. He will measure up. It will be more of a motivating factor in the young man's heart.
dhazer  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 11:45:33 AM(UTC)
I thought A-Rod played for the Yankees? If your talking up and coming qbs the top of the list should be Cutler he's going to be an awesome qb for years to come. I live near Pgh and can't stand Big Ben he's a me player (like someone on the Packers) and his SuperBowl was won because of the defense and running game. Manning isn't nothing special either their defense won them the Super Bowl.

These are of course just my opinions and of course you can't say Rodgers is up their based on playing 2 of the worst pass defenses in the nfl. With that said he should have a big game against Dallas look what Mcnabb did with no WRs
bigfog  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 12:27:03 PM(UTC)
I think ESPN is just keeping things real for now.

ESPN, keeping things real? Surely, you jest.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Cheesey (5m) : Dang Wayne, I'm trying not to cry. But it's a losing battle. My heart aches for you.
Zero2Cool (13h) : You want in, you're in. :-)
Zero2Cool (13h) : Need just one person to join PH fantasy league so we have ten. Not chasing everyone around anymore.
wpr (13h) : Liver, pizza, brushed, short walk, ear scratches sat on my lap.
Smokey (17h) : love, love, love .
gbguy20 (17h) : lots of tasty people food, car rides, go to a lake, just something out of the usual and lots of attention
gbguy20 (18h) : just make sure you give him an awesome weekend before Monday comes.
Cheesey (18h) : We had to do that 2 years ago to our 15 year old beloved Seth. It's never easy. I'm here for you if you want to talk.
Cheesey (18h) : Wayne, I know how hard that is. Loving them enough to let them go. I''m so sorry!
buckeyepackfan (19h) : Sorry to hear wpr. I had to do the same several years ago. He also was 15. Just know you are easing his pain.
Smokey (19-Aug) : HELLO DAVE !
wpr (19-Aug) : He's a mix. Shepard, Aussy Blue, Border Collie
Porforis (18-Aug) : Good grief... You're the third person I know this week that's had to do that. I'm sorry :(
Zero2Cool (18-Aug) : damn that sucks Wayne... sorry buddy
beast (18-Aug) : Sorry wpr :(
Smokey (18-Aug) : I love dogs, what is the dogs breed ?
wpr (18-Aug) : I spoke with my vet. I am going to put my 16 yo dog down on Mon.
rabidgopher04 (18-Aug) : Coincidentally when I saw the Red Sox in Boston it was against the Brewers.
wpr (17-Aug) : Good idea Z.
wpr (17-Aug) : I tapped my savings to spend time with my son.
Zero2Cool (17-Aug) : I'll have to find a time when Brewers play Red Sox at Fenway. Both teams, one location!
wpr (17-Aug) : Why do you need to be a jerk? I live in a modest home. My kids are out of the house. My wife and I both work. My son paid for most of it. I
Smokey (17-Aug) : Yes, Insurance Agents do well . You must feel so superior .
rabidgopher04 (17-Aug) : Fenway is electric. Great place to watch baseball. I've been a couple times.
wpr (17-Aug) : A few have it already. Most have to save it to do things.
wpr (17-Aug) : Yes Smokey, life takes money to do anything.
Smokey (16-Aug) : IF THEY HAVE THE MONEY !
wpr (16-Aug) : It is a must for everyone.
Zero2Cool (16-Aug) : I gotta hit that place sometime. Red Sox fan. Hell as a Baseball fan you gotta see Fenway.
wpr (16-Aug) : Flew into Boston today. Took in a game at Fenway with my son.
Smokey (15-Aug) : JOIN PACKERSHOME , A GREAT PLACE TO POST !
beast (12-Aug) : Fairly good news on all the injuries other than having the concussions, but glad it wasn't worse.
buckeyepackfan (11-Aug) : stupid Zeke!!!
Zero2Cool (11-Aug) : De'Angelo Yancey said when he saw Malachi Dupre this afternoon "it was like he never even got hit."
DarkaneRules (11-Aug) : Trubisky lit it up last night. he was throwing darts, especially on the run. impressive
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys