Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:31:54 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
GReat interview Rock!!!
GLAD to have you as "one of us!"

Oh....and here is a video of the PackersHome when 4packgirl joined here!
We accepted her with open arms!
(Thats Zero on the table with the loving cup)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

Yikes. That movie gave me the creeps.

Yup.

Now get crackin' on your interview, sir! lol
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline dfosterf  
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:16:43 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

Great interview, Rock.

Pretty much what Pack93z and Vikesrule said....+++++ It is very easy to forget that English isn't your native tongue.

I am very impressed by Detlev. I have been since he got here.

I also enjoyed reading Zombie's blog. I forgot to bookmark it when Pack93z mentioned it. Perhaps someone could repost it?
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Rockmolder  
#18 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:02:53 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

Great interview, Rock.

Pretty much what Pack93z and Vikesrule said....+++++ It is very easy to forget that English isn't your native tongue.

I am very impressed by Detlev. I have been since he got here.

I also enjoyed reading Zombie's blog. I forgot to bookmark it when Pack93z mentioned it. Perhaps someone could repost it?

Thank you, Dave. That does actually mean a lot to me, coming from an intelligent and well-traveled person like you. Same goes for Vikes-Nick and 93-Shawn. And the rest who posted here of course.

Not so funny story. I had the results of my final exams today. I got an 8,9 on my English exam which is 0,2 points to low to have a 9 overall on my final list.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#19 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:15:02 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Hey, Detlev, you need to remember most Americans don't understand the European grading system. You might want to translate those numbers into letter grades for the less-than-cosmopolitan among us. ;)

I'm not sure if I've replied to this thread yet, so let me say I greatly enjoyed this interview. I won't say too much here, since I've lathered you endlessly with compliments in our many private conversations.

Ich noch glaube, dass es sehr cool ist, dass wir beide am gleichen Tag heir angekommen haben. :D (Und nein, ich werde nicht versuchen, das auf Niederlandisch zu bersetzen.) :P
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#20 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:28:22 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Hey, Detlev, you need to remember most Americans don't understand the European grading system. You might want to translate those numbers into letter grades for the less-than-cosmopolitan among us. ;)

I'm not sure if I've replied to this thread yet, so let me say I greatly enjoyed this interview. I won't say too much here, since I've lathered you endlessly with compliments in our many private conversations.

I still think it's cool you and I arrived the same day. :D

You're free to. I love ego boosting just as much as the next guy. Even though it might be a personality flaw. :D

Anyway, I thought about that, but it'll come wiht a lot of stuff. Here we go.

I've had my final exams in High School, on 'HAVO' level. High school has six levels here, HAVO is the fifth. I arrived there after screwing up bigtime on French and German and getting bumped down one. Anyway, I had a 7.9 on English because of what I did in year 4 and 5. That means that I needed a 9.1 to get to an 8.5 which would be rounded off on the final marks list to a 9. I just missed it by 0.2 points. For some reference. A 5.5 is the border for a bad or good grade. You can't pass your exams with a 3.4 or lower and anything over a 7 is good.

So really, I can't complain. I just know that I could've had something better. It just doesn't sit very well. Which is kind off weird, because I'm horribly lazy.

Oh yeah, if this somehow sparked your interest (Can't imagine, but still) here's some more info. http://en.wikipedia.org/...ation_in_the_Netherlands
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:25:44 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I can't believe you'd already hit the Reply button before I translated the last sentence into German. That's quick service.

I understand the European system pretty well (though in Germany they use a 6 point system, with 1 being perfect and 6 being failure). I was hoping you'd explain it for people who've never been exposed to it before.

But congratulations on the good grades. Even if you don't leave high school with premium grades, you still have university to demonstrate your mettle.
UserPostedImage
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#22 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2009 5:34:44 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

Great interview Rock, always nice to get to know someone a little better.
Heathiee
Offline GermanGilbert  
#23 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:50:33 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 80

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I havent travelled a lot. Furthest Ive gone is East-Germany

wow, you're 18 and you travelled to a country which doesn't exist since 1990? :signeek: just kidding ;) for the us boys: east-germany is an immemorial synonyme for german democratic republic.

It's very interesting to see/hear how a lot of Europeans become fans of NFL teams

that are very different stories. we had that question on our german message board. mine was to conservative to tell :wave:

you are well beyond your biological age in maturity, wisdom and intelligence.
And your sense of humor is somewhat warped....I like that!

100% agree. i thought you are at least in the mid twens.

all in all good read, detlev. as long as we don't have to talk about soccer, we'll be very fine :thumbright:
blank
Offline Rockmolder  
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:55:17 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I havent travelled a lot. Furthest Ive gone is East-Germany

wow, you're 18 and you travelled to a country which doesn't exist since 1990? :signeek: just kidding ;) for the us boys: east-germany is an immemorial synonyme for german democratic republic.

It's very interesting to see/hear how a lot of Europeans become fans of NFL teams

that are very different stories. we had that question on our german message board. mine was to conservative to tell :wave:

you are well beyond your biological age in maturity, wisdom and intelligence.
And your sense of humor is somewhat warped....I like that!

100% agree. i thought you are at least in the mid twens.

all in all good read, detlev. as long as we don't have to talk about soccer, we'll be very fine :thumbright:

I agree. I think we'll better refrain from that. Nothing good ever comes from discussions between Germans and Dutch people about soccer. :wickedfart:

As to East Germany. Didn't even think of that when typing it. I think most Americans know about it, though. They where one of the occupants of West Germany and Berlin for a long time. Don't think that I have to tell you that though.

I've been to the Harz. That's the furthest I've been into Germany, so it wasn't even that far East. More centered actually.
UserPostedImage
Offline GermanGilbert  
#25 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:18:21 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 80

I agree. I think we'll better refrain from that. Nothing good ever comes from discussions between Germans and Dutch people about soccer. :wickedfart:

As to East Germany. Didn't even think of that when typing it. I think most Americans know about it, though. They where one of the occupants of West Germany and Berlin for a long time. Don't think that I have to tell you that though.

I've been to the Harz. That's the furthest I've been into Germany, so it wasn't even that far East. More centered actually.

oh, i actually had some good discussions with a dutch on my last vacation in turkey. but mostly you are right, though.

so you had a vacation in germany and you outplay me with this. the netherlands is one of the few (old western-)european countries i've never been. i'll have to change this, just missed the ui-cup game at waalwijk a few years ago, damn. but it's getting off topic, great read, again.

european g-force :thumbleft:
blank
Offline Formo  
#26 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 8:26:45 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Hey, zombie.. Wanna get crackin' on this? This was probably one of my favorite threads on the forum, and yer holdin' the thing up! =P
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Rockmolder  
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 10:02:54 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Hey, zombie.. Wanna get crackin' on this? This was probably one of my favorite threads on the forum, and yer holdin' the thing up! =P

Would love to read yours as well, Zombie. So if you have some time of between looking for a job, slaying zombies, making posts about the Packers and updating your blog, it'd be great if you could get this thing in.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#28 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 6:11:35 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Would love to read yours as well, Zombie. So if you have some time of between looking for a job, slaying zombies, making posts about the Packers and updating your blog, it'd be great if you could get this thing in.

Crap. Sorry.

Who do I send this to?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Rockmolder  
#29 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 6:30:21 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Crap. Sorry.

Who do I send this to?

Lol. No problem at all.

I sent it to Pack93. He usually puts them up.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#30 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 6:56:52 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Alrighty then.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed