Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shanks2122  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 12:21:38 AM(UTC)
I just read an article on espn and it was all about new and up coming QB's in the league(the top five)

Rodgers name didn't even come up

it was

rothisberger (i can't spell)
cutler
homo
manning
rivers

riddiculaus(i can't spell)
nathaniel  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 1:07:55 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I just read an article on espn and it was all about new and up coming QB's in the league(the top five)

it was

rothisberger (i can't spell)
cutler
homo
manning
rivers

riddiculaus(i can't spell)

This sounds like a list that should have come out two years ago. Rothlisberger and Manning already have Super Bowl rings, for crying out loud.
porky88  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 2:36:23 AM(UTC)
I think ESPN is just keeping things real for now. Rodgers has started two games. Those QB's have at least started through one season. Some obviously more.

I would say if Rodgers continues to play like he does, he's right up in the discussion.

Although I will say that scouts inc isn't and never was as high on the Packers as you would think they should be considering the 13-3 record last year and the early start this year.
djcubez  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 3:40:26 AM(UTC)
Yea but with a headline like "up and coming" you'd think it would be about guys that only have 2 starts under their belt that are indeed rising up the ladder. If I were to make a list with that title it would have Trent Edwards and Aaron Rodgers on the top right now...
agopackgo4  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 6:30:25 AM(UTC)
yeah, when i saw the name of the thread "new quarterbacks" I thought we were talking really young guys, or guys just getting their chance.
Greg C.  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:30:23 AM(UTC)

Yes, it did. They mentioned him early in the article, along with Derek Anderson and Trent Edwards, but they decided to only consider QB's who had a larger body of work. Fair enough. With only two games under his belt, it's hard to make a lot of comparisons between Rodgers and those QB's in the article, although eventually I think he will stack up very well against them.

Here's the link:
http://sports.espn.go.co...fl/news/story?id=3594747
obi1  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 10:59:28 AM(UTC)
They overlook A-Rod is fine with me. He will measure up. It will be more of a motivating factor in the young man's heart.
dhazer  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 11:45:33 AM(UTC)
I thought A-Rod played for the Yankees? If your talking up and coming qbs the top of the list should be Cutler he's going to be an awesome qb for years to come. I live near Pgh and can't stand Big Ben he's a me player (like someone on the Packers) and his SuperBowl was won because of the defense and running game. Manning isn't nothing special either their defense won them the Super Bowl.

These are of course just my opinions and of course you can't say Rodgers is up their based on playing 2 of the worst pass defenses in the nfl. With that said he should have a big game against Dallas look what Mcnabb did with no WRs
bigfog  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 12:27:03 PM(UTC)
I think ESPN is just keeping things real for now.

ESPN, keeping things real? Surely, you jest.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yes!!!!!
Porforis (4h) : "I said that too. Why don't you quote me?? I'm famous!" - Zero2Cool
Zero2Cool (7h) : I said that too. Why don't you quote me?? I'm famous!
uffda udfa (8h) : @ProFootballDoc says Rodgers could return Week 14 at earliest, and surgery speeds up return timeline.
Zero2Cool (9h) : McCarthy dropped a "bullshit" on packers.com stream. No delay apparently lol
Zero2Cool (9h) : @AaronNagler One thing is crystal clear: McCarthy is pissed at the way his team played yesterday.
Smokey (9h) : 2017 Packers are done , time to focus on the 2018 NFL Draft .
Zero2Cool (9h) : Mike McCarthy says Aaron Rodgers "suffered a significant injury". Will require surgery. Potentially season could be over.
Zero2Cool (9h) : McCarthy --Rodgers will have surgery. Potentially season is over.
Zero2Cool (9h) : NaVaorro Bowman will get his full-year salary from the 49ers AND get another $3 million from the Raiders.
Smokey (9h) : COOL !
Zero2Cool (10h) : added a links dropdown with some misc web links
Zero2Cool (10h) : Today's Birthdays: Laser Gunns (26)
Zero2Cool (10h) : #Packers have placed CB Quinten Rollins (ankle) on injured reserve to make room for QB Joe Callahan. Rollins was carted off yesterday.
Zero2Cool (12h) : ... no
Nonstopdrivel (14h) : Are you predicting a midseason collapse for the Eagles, Panthers, and Falcons?
Zero2Cool (16h) : Rodgers comes back week 16 to beat Vikings and secure home field advantage. It has been said, it will be done.
Nonstopdrivel (18h) : Romo's back wouldn't hold out two games behind the Green Bay line.
Zero2Cool (18h) : No one wants Tony Romo on Packers. Can we please stop this? It's already old.
uffda udfa (20h) : Tony Romo among those bandied about to replace Rodgers
beast (15-Oct) : Brit Favre is a lawyer now http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2481306-brittany-favre-mallion-daughter-of-a-qb-legend-creates-her-own-greatne
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : dneedles12 I have covered the Packers for 30 years, watched them for almost 50. Never seen a game with this many injuries. #dontblametrainin
Smokey (15-Oct) : Where's Brit Favre , he's still got it .
Nonstopdrivel (15-Oct) : There's some speculation on Twitter that Green Bay might try to re-sign Bart Starr.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Maybe having the starting OL intact wasn't so good.
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : BAKH AND BULAGA!
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Michael Beller ? @MBeller
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Jordy Nelson six TDs on 19 catches? That can’t help but slow down.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : OUT: CB Kevin King CB Davon House LB Ahmad Brooks OL Adam Pankey DT Montravious Adams LB Joe Thomas S Morgan Burnett
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : First time this season that Aaron Rodgers will have both starting tackles Bryan Bulaga and David Bakhtiari..
buckeyepackfan (15-Oct) : GO! PACK! GO!
buckeyepackfan (15-Oct) : GOOD Mornimg Packer Fans! Gameday!
buckeyepackfan (15-Oct) : Brown us the new black!
Smokey (15-Oct) : Your just wrong Nerd, and you don't even know it .
nerdmann (15-Oct) : Blue is neutral.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM