Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline agopackgo4  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 7:00:10 AM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

I have been thinking about my faovrite packer memory..and also the worst memory i have ever had. I'm just about 19, so the superbowl win is a little fuzzy in my mind. And I didnt enjoy that as much as I could have now. But my favorite memory that I enjoyed more than any other..was when the Cardinals knocked the vikings out of the playoffs, and the Packers got in. Actually that was the stretch of time is the most memorable stretch in my life. First: Favre has an amazing game on MNF after his dad dies.
Second: The Packers get the win over the Broncos, and the Cardinals knock the vikings out on the last game of the play. Packers make it in the playoffs.
Third: Me and my dad were very lucky, and got to go to the playoff game against the Seahawks. Al Harris INT in OT. And we win....

That leads me to the worst memory... 4th and 26 in philly.

Whats your Favorite, and worst memory?
Offline Packerchick  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 9:02:59 AM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 601
Applause Received: 27

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I have been thinking about my faovrite packer memory..and also the worst memory i have ever had. I'm just about 19, so the superbowl win is a little fuzzy in my mind. And I didnt enjoy that as much as I could have now. But my favorite memory that I enjoyed more than any other..was when the Cardinals knocked the vikings out of the playoffs, and the Packers got in. Actually that was the stretch of time is the most memorable stretch in my life. First: Favre has an amazing game on MNF after his dad dies.
Second: The Packers get the win over the Broncos, and the Cardinals knock the vikings out on the last game of the play. Packers make it in the playoffs.
Third: Me and my dad were very lucky, and got to go to the playoff game against the Seahawks. Al Harris INT in OT. And we win....

That leads me to the worst memory... 4th and 26 in philly.

Whats your Favorite, and worst memory?

My favorite memory is the Packers shutting out the Vikings 34-0 at Lambeau and my worst memory is the way that Brett Favre acted in this off season. There are too many memories to tell.
I am a woman and I love football.
Offline bigfog  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 9:31:34 AM(UTC)
bigfog

Best Memory - getting to see Lambeau Field for the first time and watching my first game there this past year.

Worst memory - the playoff loss to the Rams a few years back. I actually put post it notes on the screen where the score was displayed to cover it up. I was damn disappointed in that game.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Offline wpr  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 10:07:36 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Best memory- a bunch of them.
1A Taking my son to GB to watch training camp. He and I talked about whether or not he should bring his bike and give one of the players a ride to and from practice. (That is something a 10 yr old would think about. I certainly never considered it. We live 4 + hrs away and it would have been a real pain to take the bike with us.) I left the decision up to him and he decided not to bring his bike. He got a few autographs that day. He had so much fun we went back the next year and took a couple of his friends with us. (Still no bike.)
1B taking my Dad and son to a game. Only had 2 tickets so I wanted them to spend the day together. We all had a good time before and after the game. Wanted my son to build some good memories with his Grandfather who has since passed away.
1C Taking my son and is maternal Grandfather to the game. Once again let them build up some good memories while Grandpa was still able to do those types of things.

Worse memory was at old County Stadium. A drunk was sitting behind my wife and I was talking way too loud to a friend about how the army trained him to kill Viet Nam Vet) and if they told him to do so, he would kill the woman sitting in front of him right now. There were a couple of women so I am not sure who he was talking about. I really wanted to confront him but it would not have helped the situation. His friend finally told him to shut up and he did but he went on for about a whole quarter. I could not watch the game after that.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline bozz_2006  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 10:24:45 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

my favorite and worst memories are all from games that i've attended. i've had many great and not so great memories outside of the games i've attended, but the sharpest highs and lows are from the games i've seen at Lambeau.

#1 vs. the Vikins November 29, 2004 - Back and forth all game long. Longwell hits a FG with time expiring to win the game 34-31. Awesome game.

#2 November 11, 2007 - Vikings shut out Adrian Peterson and the Vikings 34-0. Also, awesome game. I was so impressed at how all the fans in attendance reacted when Peterson hurt his knee. We never want to face him, but everybody knows how special he is and what he means to the NFL.

Worst memory - November 28, 2006 - God that was a cold game. When you bought a beer, the foam was frozen by the time you made it back to your seat. Packers played like shit. That was the first time I got the feeling that Brett didn't want to be playing football in the cold.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbpfan  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 10:49:05 AM(UTC)
gbpfan

my favorite memories are the games i was able to go to with my son,hope to go this year bad are the loss to phille at home and the game against the giants
Offline obi1  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 10:56:00 AM(UTC)
obi1

Applause Given: 1

I agree with you on the best memory being the Cardinals knocking the Vikes out. There are SOOOOOOOO many.

I also remember as a high school student, I went to the Packers vs Saints game at the Milwaukee stadium where Packers won and Jerry Tagge ran a QB option play where he kept it around the right side for a 40+ yard gain and sealed a victory.

Reggie White Sacking Drew Bledsoe 3 times in the superbowl in the 4th quarter on consecutive plays has to rate right up there.

Negative memories... Not as many but there are a few... Terrell Owens TD pass in the playoffs in 98 which came after a Jerry Rice fumble that was ruled not a fumble when it clearly was. Death of Reggie White, the 4th and 26(on the same play as the OWENS TD), and the Favre fiasco are my least favorite memories.
blank
Offline WhiskeySam  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 11:34:34 AM(UTC)
WhiskeySam

Applause Received: 1

Walter Stanley returning the punt for a TD to beat the Lions on Thanksgiving back in 1986 is my best memory.

4th and 26 is the worst.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 12:11:53 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

My wife loves the Chester Marco TD against the Bears to end the game. Da Bears blocked the FG. The ball bounced right to Chester. He "ran" (I have seen linemen who were quicker.) behind a wall of blockers around the left side and into the end zone. He was mobbed by the team but still had 2 hands on the ball. No one took that away from him.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline kiddikkarus  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 12:23:27 PM(UTC)
kiddikkarus

My favorite memory was October 14, 1996, when Chris Jackie hit a field goal to beat the 49ers in overtime. That was in the middle of the season, but I thought they could win the superbowl after that.

My worst memory was only four games later, when the Cowboys beat the Packers 21-6. Not three touchdowns. SEVEN field goals. It was like someone killing you with a nail file. I already couldn't stand the Cowboys, and after that, my dislike for them elevated to a level I didn't realize was possible.
blank
Offline McPack  
#11 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 12:40:29 PM(UTC)
McPack

Best: The 82yd OT pass vs Denver last year. I was actually there for that one.

Worst: 4th and 26. The INT vs the Giants has been permanently blocked from my memory so that one doesn't count.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#12 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 1:23:07 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Several of each. in no order:
Good:
1) Beating the Cardinals 41-16 in the Playoffs in '82. That was the first time we won a Playoff game since the 60s.
2) Beating the #1 D (and eventual SB winner) Redskins 48-47. When Mark Moseley, who NEVER misses FGs, missed the field goal and we went on to win that game by a point, it was amazing. This was hands down the best game ever played in any sport. No punts. All action.
3) Favre hitting Sterling Sharpe for the win over the Lions 28-24 in the Playoffs. You young ones had no idea how much this meant to someone who all they knew was the Packers sucking year after year and finally, we win a Playoff game, the only non-strike season Playoff win since the 60s.
4) Of course the SB win

Bad:
1) Getting knocked out of the Playoffs by the Cows in '82. That's when my hatred began.
2) Losing the SB. I never forgave Holmgren for that. We had a superior team, and should have blown them out. Also, I hated John Elway more than any other player in the NFL, and for him to get an SB win over our beloved Packers...
3) Punting on 4th and 1 from our 40 with 3 RBs who averaged 5+ YPC. I knew then and there that something bad would happen. Even at 4th and 26, I knew they'd pick it up, because we jinxed ourselves.

I always hated conservative playing. The #3 Bad cemented it. NEVER play conservative. The game's not over until you see a 4 in the Quarter and a 0:00 on the clock.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Cheesey  
#13 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 3:03:15 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 439

So many of both....where do i start?
Getting to meet many Packer players over the years........Starr, Nitschke, Favre.......and on and on it goes.
Winning 2 tickets to a Packer game, and it being the game where we whipped the Saints 52-3.
Being at the playoff win against the Seahawks in the snow last season.

Bad........the death of Ray Nitschke. He was such a nice guy.
Losing SB 32 when we SHOULD have whipped them.
Being at the NFC championship in 95 when we lost to the hated Cows.
I could list alot more too.
UserPostedImage
Online yooperfan  
#14 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 3:45:26 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Good: Bringing my oldest son to his 1st Packer game at Lambeau. When we walked out of the concourse for his 1st look at the field, he stood at the top of the steps amd sais one word,"awesome".
Bringing my youngest son to the Seahawks playoff game in the snow. I also met Cheeseey and Greg C that day.
Attending my 1st Packers game at old City Stadium.

Bad: The 70's and 80's.
Offline TengoJuego  
#15 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 7:29:51 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6

I'm with ya. I'm only 20, so the memories from the SB win and seasons after I definitely remember, but didn't care quite as much as I would today, and they aren't too clear.

But I remember being at a Ravens game in Baltimore(visiting my Aunt & Uncle around Xmas) and watching that game at a tailgate party. And when McCown threw that TD. I went BANANAS! Everyone kinda raised their eyebrow and chuckled. But I didn't care, the Viqueens lost, and the Pack were going to the Playoffs.

But my favorite memory has to be between The Al Harris Int, mostly because I live in the Seattle area and all my friends & family root for the Hawks. And when he raised that hand after picking that ball it was like, YEAHHH, Take that!
And the other being the Antonio Freeman Catch. I was in complete AWE. I didn't even take a second to notice that we won. So amazed by the play.

Worst: Losing to the Giants last year. Its still hurts thinking that we were that close. We were given all those missed field goals, and it felt like we were destined to win. Yet it didn't work. We couldn't do it. And for a second I literally wanted to just cry. Because I knew it wasn't going to happen. I collapsed inside when Favre threw that pick. My head dropped...and never to be raised for the rest of that day and actually for about a good week or so.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:16:28 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,226

My memory bank only goes back to '89.

Best:[ul]It has to be the game we beat the snot out of the 49ers in the '96 divisional playoffs when no one gave us a chance. We started the game off fast. I think it was Adam Walker got the ball slammed out by a perfect helmet to ball hit by Wayne Simmons and Craig Newsome took it to the house. --- since I now have this game on DVD, I might have to make a highlight video of it. --- [/ul]

Worst: [ul]It'd have to be the '94 Thanksgiving day game against the Cowboys. I'm not sure if Aikman was hurt during the game but I remember Jason Garrett torching the crap out of us. It was the worst because I was with tons of family who were dodging the Packers. Needless to say my father divorced himself from that poor excuse for a family! hah[/ul]
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline agopackgo4  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:50:42 PM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Worst: Losing to the Giants last year. Its still hurts thinking that we were that close. We were given all those missed field goals, and it felt like we were destined to win. Yet it didn't work. We couldn't do it. And for a second I literally wanted to just cry. Because I knew it wasn't going to happen. I collapsed inside when Favre threw that pick. My head dropped...and never to be raised for the rest of that day and actually for about a good week or so.

Thats how I feel with the 4th and 26. I still get the same sick feeling, if I think about that play and the way i felt after the game. For some reason last years playoff game doesnt effect me enough. Probably because it didnt suprise me that it happened. Not with Favre throwing the ball late in a close game lol. Its just that the 4th and 26 was so unexpected. Unbelievable.
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:56:12 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

My best Packer memory was brought about by a team member of the 98 49's.My Friend and I bet a 3 team parlay for a $1000,(My buddy had a great run betting baseball that season),taking GB,KC,and the over in the Denver/Niners game on Mon. Nite F-Ball.We won the first to games no problem.
It came down to the 4th quarter,bout 6 min left to go,game was in hand,can't remember for who.One of those typical out of reach games.No one was really going for a score.All we needed was 1 stinking point,Safety,Field Goal,TD.It didn't matter.All of a sudden someone stripped Elway on a sack and Kevin Greene picks it up and runs it back for a TD.Needless to say next to my son being born or the day I got married it was the happiest day of my life.We had just won $10,000.
I told you that story to tell you this one. We got to the end of the season.What to do what to do.Do we risk waiting for our second trip to the Superbowl or one of the other playoff games.Well we said screw it,after winning the first playoff game that season we ended up going to the N.F.C. Championship game in SanFran.
Needless to say it was the right choice that season.
About 8 years later,after learning how to surf the net,I was on Packers.com cruising the photo galleries and what to I find but this photo.
If you look over Favre's left shoulder you will see my friend Dave in the #4 jersey and me to the right in a blue and green jacket.Imagine our surprise.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:04:36 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

Bad memories,Went to the Az game in 2003.Man I thought it was hot in Vegas. Pretty bad game.Tards pulled it out.I thought it was pretty smart to make us wear our Home Colors that day.Those dark greens really sucked in the heat.Well once again while surfing the photo galleries what do I find but this.Another photo of me with my Bro-in-Law at the game.Had great seats 4-5 rows right behind the Packers bench.If you look right above the N in Arizona on the banner there I am kinda turned sideways.My Bro-in-Law is right above the last A in Arizona with the tan/brown shirt and baseball hat.A bad memory because of the loss,but still a good day because I was at a Pack game.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline Since69  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:48:12 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 83

Best: Super Bowl 31 :)
Worst: Super Bowl 32 :(

Almost worst: the 4th and 26 game. We were soooo good that year. We never should have lost that game - it never should have gone into overtime. I really think we would have won it all that year.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:27:26 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Best: Super Bowl 31 :)
Worst: Super Bowl 32 :(

Almost worst: the 4th and 26 game. We were soooo good that year. We never should have lost that game - it never should have gone into overtime. I really think we would have won it all that year.

We would have won that game if we would have run the ball on 4th and 1. That was so stupid. I still haven't gotten over that loss.

I knew when we punted that something bad would happen. Even when it was 4th and 26th, I knew they'd pick up the first down.

That's what happens when you play not to lose instead of playing to win.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Trippster  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:21:57 PM(UTC)
Trippster

Applause Received: 10

Best: Lunch with Favre

Worst: any loss to the bears.....God I hate them.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Offline mxchamp004  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:02:20 PM(UTC)
mxchamp004

Best: Lunch with Favre

Worst: any loss to the bears.....God I hate them.

You had lunch with Favre??!! crap thats amazing..

so back on subject...
BEST: Umm....id hav to say the game when we beat the broncos and the vikings lost to get us in the playoffs. at the time i was around the age of 10. I lived in texas but was in between my cabin in Hayward wisconsin and Minneapolis. so...my dad was driving the car (a rental jaguar, we got a free upgrade) and we were listening to the game. all the sudden it started snowing, and being from texas that is jst awesome. so then we were listening and the radio starts broadcassting clips of the viking game.they lose and yadda yadda u no the rest. even tho i wasnt a huge fan at the time like i am now it was definently my fondest and favorite packers memory.

WORST: Definently last years loss to the giants. I didn't even watch the end of the game and i was so pissed. my friend prtty much forced me to go to the movie with him and so i payed the like 20 bux to get the sprint nfl mobile thing. i was watching my phone the whole time and when i saw we got the ball in ot i thought it was a sure win. next thing i know game over giants win...so that whole night and next day i was at my friends house moping around and nearly crying while hearing all about the giants last second heroics on sportscenter...

Those r my 2 fondest memories
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed