Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:06:27 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

Just finished watching a quick fastforwarded PVR of the Vikes game. Unreal drive with a minute, 30 seconds left from own 20 yard line.

The old man still has it on some level, thats why the Vikes still wanted him. Anyone that still thinks Jackson is a better option is in denial. I hate the Vikings and hope they go 0-13 from now on but anyone that thinks they didn't do the right thing by grabbing Favre is nuts.

But overall, watching that drive, it hit me, he's 39, almost 40 and he's still got "it". Last year even he had "it", 8-3 before the injury. It is pretty clear now those last 5 games were due to the injury because he looks very good this year. Sure, he could break down at any point and thats the risk you take with an old guy but until then, enjoy it boys, he's something special.

Last year he only looked good apprently because of the O-line and Thomas Jones, I guess this year its because of AP and Harvin? I don't know. Maybe its all a just concidential as a lot of people believe but I think personally, he really just still has "it".
blank
Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:52:19 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

I may not agree with everything the guy does or says, I might not like the way he plays the see saw game in the offseason, and I certainly don't like the team he plays for, but....

The guy can still play this game.. the Niners made Favre beat them but keeping Peterson somewhat in check..

That throw was money.. can't take a thing away from it. Period.

Now let the hype and media games begin for this week..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:00:54 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I may not agree with everything the guy does or says, I might not like the way he plays the see saw game in the offseason, and I certainly don't like the team he plays for, but....

The guy can still play this game.. the Niners made Favre beat them but keeping Peterson somewhat in check..

That throw was money.. can't take a thing away from it. Period.

Now let the hype and media games begin for this week..

I agree, this week is going to be pretty annoying in terms of the media and I like Favre. Though it seems the general media is pretty negative on him, i.e. Terry Bradshaw hates him now.

But it will be nice to see some "experts" eat crow about how Favre couldn't throw downfield anymore. That was a 50 yard strike if you include the touchdown area.

Also, as I put in NFC North area, overall the Vikes don't scare me. They're very beatable.
blank
Offline Formo  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:56:23 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

I dunno what 'it' is.. but I like 'it'.

Yeah, the Vikings are beatable.. I don't think anyone is going to deny that. They played close games for 3 quarters against the Browns/Lions. By the end of the game, they turned it up. Then, against a very good, very solid 49ers team, they took it to the wire. Every team is beatable. Even the Giants (remember last weeks game against the 'Boys?).

I don't think the Vikings goal is to scare any team. I think it's to play a tough, hard nose football with a dash of trickery and speed. So far, it's working.. Even against a tough, hard nosed football team.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline LambeauEast  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 9:01:22 PM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

My feelings on him are well documented, so I won't get into it...but that was vintage Favre. Buying time and getting it to the receiver to make a play. Well done, ya pole smoker!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 9:02:03 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

I think Adrian is going to run wild over us and Favre will throw for something like 140 yards with short dump off's. I haven't liked the idea of this game for awhile.
UserPostedImage
Offline nickb364  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 9:13:37 PM(UTC)
nickb364

I think Adrian is going to run wild over us and Favre will throw for something like 140 yards with short dump off's. I haven't liked the idea of this game for awhile.

No faith! If we shut down Peterson it's a wrap.. We have the best secondary in the league. Our o-line also can't give up more than 2 sacks. I'm not too worried but it's certainly going to be a good game.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 9:17:58 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

If we do beat the Vikings, we'll have a fairly nice lead in the division with all the tiebreakers. But it's still too early in the season for sweeping pronouncements, obviously.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhpackr  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 9:50:04 PM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

that pass was at least 60 yards in the air. yes, no doubt about it , ol' greybeard can still play.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 10:37:55 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

that pass was at least 60 yards in the air. yes, no doubt about it , ol' greybeard can still play.

60???? He was standing on the 39 yard line when he let her buck add 10 yards for the end zone. I know I'm just a rube from North Dakota but something doesn't equate.

Anyway, had Butterfingers Dre Bly held on to his pick six on the previous drive the papers in Minneapolis would be calling for Brett's head tomorrow.

Kudos to Brett and congratulations to the Vikings. The Niners were just Favred but they know all about that from our rivalry in the 90's.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 11:28:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Easy there. His left foot was on the 38 yard line when he threw it and it went 10 yards deep into the end zone. That's, with the angle, about 50 yards. 50 or 60, that was a great play regardless.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 11:33:58 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Great throw and just as great of a catch and bad defense combines for a MN win on an exciting last play basically.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 12:45:21 AM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 184
Applause Received: 350

The question isn't and never was whether Favre could play a game or the game, but whether or not he can play at this level over the course of 16 games and then some.

That's just something that is going to have to play out.
Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 2:53:45 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Redsox - You are right. He still has "it." In my not so humble opinion, he was the best player in the NFL last year after the Jets were at 8-3. Then it all went downhill.

So there's something to be said about what Porky said. Can he maintain it for 16 games? Can he maintain it for 19 games? What if the Vikings make the Playoffs then his arm goes out then?

Not that I'm hoping for it. I'm a Packers fan first, but if we fail, I'd root for Favre and the Vikings next. But I'm a realist. It went out with the Jets. It may not last the whole season for the Vikings. If it does, it should be interesting as he still has "it." He wins games. Plain and simple.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 10:00:51 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

It sure helps when Singletary turns into a pussy and runs a prevent defense on the last drive. If there's one thing NFL coaches should have learned over the past decade and a half, it's that Favre will methodically pick apart a prevent defense. By contrast, yesterday in single score situations, I saw several teams on the final drives blitzing the hell out of quarterbacks, and what do you know -- they won the game. Singletary better be apologizing to his team for the rest of this week for such a rookie mistake.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed