Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jacob  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:45:13 AM(UTC)
Jacob

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 3

The people who are packers fans, and now are like ALL RIGHT YEAHHH AARON RODGERS. Like a few weeks ago before the season began, and some of my packer friends thought ALL SHITS GOIN TO HELL, always whining about A-rod sucks, BF was the best how could we let him go..... and now after these two weeks they are being prick hypocrites like Aaron rodgers is the best QB in the NFL, how bout that aaron rodgers? i dont know why it just pisses me off.
Sponsor
Offline MassPackersFan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:30:29 AM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

They need to shut up. They should've hopped on the Rodgers wagon a while ago. People gave Aaron crap for saying that, but he was dead on balls accurate.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:35:13 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

I'm not annoyed by it. Anyone who can change for the better is good in my book.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline dhazer  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:56:06 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 191

I still stand by my feelings and that is Rodgers isn't that great its been 2 games, who's to say if Flynn was at qb he wouldn't have put up stats like that. I took offense to his comments in SI a nobody should open their mouth like that, telling us fans what to do. What annoys me the most is the Rodgers lovers giving him a nickname that belongs to a baseball player so everytime i see it i have to ask why are we talking about the Yankees, also the biggest thing that pisses me off is people comparing Rodgers and Brett there is none. Rodgers played 2 games and Brett has played 16 years, when Rodgers has played for the same team for 7 years then we can compare but i'll make an early prediction and that is Rodgers will bail the packers when hes a FA.

Thats the things that annoy me
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline MassPackersFan  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:07:55 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

Considering the negative fan attention he was getting early on (training camp, etc.), the Packers fans should be ASHAMED of how Rodgers was treated. I'm just glad they turned it around for his first preseason game, because it was getting downright embarrassing. And then people jump all over him for saying these mindless idiot critics should probably just keep their mouths shut. Maybe he shouldn't have said it, but he was RIGHT.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:23:41 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The people who are packers fans, and now are like ALL RIGHT YEAHHH AARON RODGERS. Like a few weeks ago before the season began, and some of my packer friends thought ALL SHITS GOIN TO HELL, always whining about A-rod sucks, BF was the best how could we let him go..... and now after these two weeks they are being prick hypocrites like Aaron rodgers is the best QB in the NFL, how bout that aaron rodgers? i dont know why it just pisses me off.

It doesn't really bother me. People like that are around ALL the time. They are called........"Band wagon jumpers".
As long as the team is doing well, they "Rah Rah Rah!!!!" As soon as they have a bad game, they bail. They are consistant.
They are the SAME people that cursed BF after he threw the INT in the NFC title game last season. They are the SAME people that called for BF's head after that game.
If the Packers don't win tonight, expect them to curse Aaron Rodgers and the team.
Like i said,;.......they are consistant.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:32:39 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

I still stand by my feelings and that is Rodgers isn't that great its been 2 games, who's to say if Flynn was at qb he wouldn't have put up stats like that. I took offense to his comments in SI a nobody should open their mouth like that, telling us fans what to do. What annoys me the most is the Rodgers lovers giving him a nickname that belongs to a baseball player so everytime i see it i have to ask why are we talking about the Yankees, also the biggest thing that pisses me off is people comparing Rodgers and Brett there is none. Rodgers played 2 games and Brett has played 16 years, when Rodgers has played for the same team for 7 years then we can compare but i'll make an early prediction and that is Rodgers will bail the packers when hes a FA.

Thats the things that annoy me

Hint: If you are on a Packer forum, and in the "Packers disscussion" area and you see "A-rod" mentioned, there's PROBABLY a 99.9% chance they mean Aaron Rodgers.
Oh....and i doubt Flynn would have put up those numbers. Aaron Rodgers has made good plays and decisions on the field. I doubt a rookie would do that well. After all, look at the Vikings. Jackson has been a QB a few years now, and still sucks. Aaron Rodgers doesn't suck, and hasn't had a major bonehead play yet, has he?
And......if people want to compare BF and AR, who cares? Let them have fun with it. You don't have to agree, but why get upset over it? The media has been doing it since BF went to the Jets.
BF has won ONE more Super Bowl then Aaron Rodgers so far. JUST one. Maybe Aaron Rodgers will win as many, more, or none. But to be fair to him, he should also be given as many years as it took BF to get one, right? At least 5 years, right?
So yeah......he hasn't had the time behind center for ME at least to compare him to BF. But thats just me. Hopefully in just a few seasons Packer fans will have at least ONE more Lombardi trophy in it's trophy case. Thats what it's all about, right?
UserPostedImage
Offline Jacob  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:39:23 PM(UTC)
Jacob

Applause Given: 3

its not that they like aaron thats bothering me, i love the guy, its that they seem to just be bandwagoning around with the players i guess.
Offline Cheesey  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:43:37 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

its not that they like aaron thats bothering me, i love the guy, its that they seem to just be bandwagoning around with the players i guess.

See my above post Jacob.
Bandwagon jumpers have been here since the Packers started playing in 1919.
And they will be here long after you and i are "worm food".
UserPostedImage
Offline gbpfan  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:27:36 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

well fans will come and go a-rod may have a little brett in him after all he was behind him for 3 years so i think he may have gotten some of bretts know how,and yes it is only 2 games but a-rod has shown he can take pressure we all know that he will make mistakes they all do it is how you handle them when you make them,and when you have talent all around you take advantage of that,i agree with some a-rod like a lot of other q.b show what he is going to be and i think he will be a very good q.b at this time
blank
Offline TheEngineer  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:31:41 PM(UTC)
TheEngineer

What annoys me the most is the Rodgers lovers giving him a nickname that belongs to a baseball player so everytime i see it i have to ask why are we talking about the Yankees

I believe it was Donald Driver that crowned him A-Rod. But I guess your little spiel about Rodgers lovers flows better with your little rant, eh?
blank
Offline dingus  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:44:26 PM(UTC)
dingus

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 18

I also love dhazers comment that Rodgers will probably be gone in FA. What a joke!
blank
Offline TengoJuego  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:25:11 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

Most of those fans were Brett fans before Packers fans IMO. And its not as annoying as you would think. Its more like, " I TOLD you so."
Offline JNelson87  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:27:00 PM(UTC)
JNelson87

That's why I left Packersnews.com Only thing I seen was Packerhating/Favre loving assholes. People who want Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy fired only because of Favre. It's retarded. Thats why I came here cause I couldnt stand the ignorance and constant arguing. I havent been there ina couple months so im sure its died down a bit.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:54:52 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

This is a downright stupid thread.

Rodgers looked horrible in preseason. Left Packer fans with genuine concerns. Then the real games started and he looked like a top tier QB. Showed that Packer fans had no reason to be concerned.

More like a relief. If that's being a bandwagon fan, sue me. I've been a Packer fan longer than you've been alive, pal.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed