Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:49:36 PM(UTC)
True or False?

His Falcons beat the Packers in '91 and I think he's beat every other team too.
Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:00:52 PM(UTC)
"His" Falcons?
He didn't see the field back then, did he?
Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:23:52 PM(UTC)
he threw four passes
Dulak  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:50:36 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
he threw four passes


his first one was the best
Nonstopdrivel  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:06:26 PM(UTC)
It doesn't count in my book unless he's the starter.
Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:07:09 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It doesn't count in my book unless he's the starter.


NFL doesn't care about your book.

I'm with the NFL. :P
Nonstopdrivel  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:08:26 PM(UTC)
Link?
MassPackersFan  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:10:58 PM(UTC)
False. Favre hasn't beaten any teams. He hasn't even played any - I don't think the NFL would allow it. He's been on some teams that have beaten them though.
Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:54:27 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Link?
A link to what? You tell me what you want a link to and then link me to your book and we'll talk.
Nonstopdrivel  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:18:17 AM(UTC)
You said in the NFL's eyes, Favre has beaten all teams. I want to see where they say this.
IronMan  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:28:32 AM(UTC)
Quote:
After 16 memorable seasons with the Packers, and one forgettable one with the Jets, Favre will attempt to be the only QB in league history to defeat every NFL franchise.

Source 1

Quote:
The Green Bay quarterback hit Greg Jennings for a 60-yard touchdown pass with 3:05 to go and the Packers beat Kansas City 33-22 Sunday, giving Favre victories over each of the other 31 teams in the league.

Source 2

So as a starter he has defeated every team except for the Packers.
Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:41:54 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
You said in the NFL's eyes, Favre has beaten all teams. I want to see where they say this.


Google the Falcons schedule for '91 and check the roster, bud. ;)
Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:42:12 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
After 16 memorable seasons with the Packers, and one forgettable one with the Jets, Favre will attempt to be the only QB in league history to defeat every NFL franchise.

Source 1

Quote:
The Green Bay quarterback hit Greg Jennings for a 60-yard touchdown pass with 3:05 to go and the Packers beat Kansas City 33-22 Sunday, giving Favre victories over each of the other 31 teams in the league.

Source 2

So as a starter he has defeated every team except for the Packers.


As a starter, now that's different. :)
MassPackersFan  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:49:03 AM(UTC)
I wonder if this influenced him. Minnesota needed a QB, they get to play GB twice per year.. being the only NFL QB to beat all 32 NFL teams as a starter is something he can hang his hat on for a while. Manning will probably never get a chance to play the Colts. Brady won't get a chance to play the Patriots.
dfosterf  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:04:21 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Link?
A link to what? You tell me what you want a link to and then link me to your book and we'll talk.


I got non's book covered.

Link
Nonstopdrivel  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:31:36 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
After 16 memorable seasons with the Packers, and one forgettable one with the Jets, Favre will attempt to be the only QB in league history to defeat every NFL franchise.

Source 1

Quote:
The Green Bay quarterback hit Greg Jennings for a 60-yard touchdown pass with 3:05 to go and the Packers beat Kansas City 33-22 Sunday, giving Favre victories over each of the other 31 teams in the league.

Source 2

So as a starter he has defeated every team except for the Packers.


I rest my case. :pottytrain2:
Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:43:40 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
After 16 memorable seasons with the Packers, and one forgettable one with the Jets, Favre will attempt to be the only QB in league history to defeat every NFL franchise.

Source 1

Quote:
The Green Bay quarterback hit Greg Jennings for a 60-yard touchdown pass with 3:05 to go and the Packers beat Kansas City 33-22 Sunday, giving Favre victories over each of the other 31 teams in the league.

Source 2

So as a starter he has defeated every team except for the Packers.


I rest my case. :pottytrain2:

Your case? Sure.

The first source is wrong. Brett was on the Falcons when they beat the Packers in '91. Did he start the game? Hell did he play in the game? I believe the answer to both is no. But Brett was on the winning side against every NFL team. That's a FACT! That is what I am saying. I do not understand what's so hard to understand about that. Maybe my poorly worded title is confusing people. Who knows, but fact is, Brett has been on the winning side against every current NFL team.

As starting QB he has had a role in defeating 31 current NFL teams. Not sure where the disagreement is here people. It's pretty black and white. I'm siding with it was my poorly worded tittle though.
Cheesey  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:25:45 PM(UTC)
Well then, good. I'm glad he already beat all the teams.
Then we don't have to hear about it if the Queens beat us.
mi_keys  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:43:38 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
After 16 memorable seasons with the Packers, and one forgettable one with the Jets, Favre will attempt to be the only QB in league history to defeat every NFL franchise.

Source 1

Quote:
The Green Bay quarterback hit Greg Jennings for a 60-yard touchdown pass with 3:05 to go and the Packers beat Kansas City 33-22 Sunday, giving Favre victories over each of the other 31 teams in the league.

Source 2

So as a starter he has defeated every team except for the Packers.


I rest my case. :pottytrain2:

Your case? Sure.

The first source is wrong. Brett was on the Falcons when they beat the Packers in '91. Did he start the game? Hell did he play in the game? I believe the answer to both is no. But Brett was on the winning side against every NFL team. That's a FACT! That is what I am saying. I do not understand what's so hard to understand about that. Maybe my poorly worded title is confusing people. Who knows, but fact is, Brett has been on the winning side against every current NFL team.

As starting QB he has had a role in defeating 31 current NFL teams. Not sure where the disagreement is here people. It's pretty black and white. I'm siding with it was my poorly worded tittle though.


http://www.pro-football-...xscores/199112010atl.htm

If you go through the stats you can see Favre did not play in the game as you suggested. Interestingly enough though future Packer Andre Rison scored the winning touchdown against us that day.

http://www.nfl.com/playe...vre/profile?id=FAV540222
http://www.nfl.com/playe...AV540222&season=1991

Now, the NFL.com web site shows that Favre had 2 games his rookie year in Atlanta. Does that mean he had two games where he was active and he was inactive for the rest? If that is the case then he was active against the Rams in a game where he did not play and in a game against the Redskins where he was 0-4 with 2 ints. The point being is he may not have been active for the game against the Packers so was he really on the winning side? At the very least though he did have an affiliation with an NFL team at a time when they beat the Packers.
Porforis  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:44:59 PM(UTC)
I don't think "He" beat the packers, having not been the starter in '91. But that's kind of nitpicking. Bottom line: Don't let Favre beat us and we don't have to hear about it. :>
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : NFL Receiver Terry Glenn Has Died in a Car Accident
Zero2Cool (3h) : @BenFennell_NFL Not to be overlooked...
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers run defense lately has been outstanding Since Nov 1 (3 games)... 59.0 YPG (3rd in NFL) and 2.33 YPC (2nd in NFL)
beast (9h) : See you are troll, your true colors are showing
uffda udfa (10h) : Charles Manson dead at 83.
uffda udfa (10h) : At least Cleveland was the road team when Baltimore shut them out.
uffda udfa (10h) : We shouldn't feel bad about being shutout by BAL. CLE was shutout by them, too.
uffda udfa (11h) : Davante was a huge surprise. Ravens are tough to throw it on.
beast (11h) : I don't know... Mays and Spriggs did a good job of looking offensive too!
Zero2Cool (12h) : Only offensive player to come out looking good is Davante Adams.
uffda udfa (14h) : He ain't changing from Hundley. Trying way too hard to prove it was right to go with him all along.
greengold (18h) : A HC would say that today even if he planned to start Callahan next week.
Nonstopdrivel (18h) : Yeah, well, there are plenty of people who believe in fairies and leprechauns too.
uffda udfa (18h) : MM sticking with Hundley. Said he believes in him.
TheKanataThrilla (19h) : Hayward with another INT 2nd of the day
Zero2Cool (20h) : Martellus quit on Packers and this week they followed his lead. Offense anyway.
Nonstopdrivel (20h) : Clark left with an ankle injury apparently.
yooperfan (20h) : Gone Pack Gone
Tezzy (23h) : Go Pack Go
Cheesey (19-Nov) : I think around 30 degrees.
Mucky Tundra (19-Nov) : Anyone know what the weather for today's game is going to be? ;)
wpr (19-Nov) : Play it again yooper.
yooperfan (19-Nov) : Sorry about that, when I hit send it wouldn't send so I kept hitting send
Smokey (19-Nov) : What was that again yooperfan ?
yooperfan (19-Nov) : Game day weather: 32 degrees, partly cloudy, wind SW 15-25 MPH
yooperfan (19-Nov) : Game day weather: 32 degrees, partly cloudy, wind SW 15-25 MPH
yooperfan (19-Nov) : Game day weather: 32 degrees, partly cloudy, wind SW 15-25 MPH
yooperfan (19-Nov) : Game day weather: 32 degrees, partly cloudy, wind SW 15-25 MPH
yooperfan (19-Nov) : Game day weather: 32 degrees, partly cloudy, wind SW 15-25 MPH
hardrocker950 (19-Nov) : Bummer about Malcom Young
Cheesey (19-Nov) : Virginia...there IS a "Sanity Clause".
uffda udfa (18-Nov) : Virginia tanks 4th quarter. Miami and Wisconsin both win.
uffda udfa (18-Nov) : #3 Miami down 21-14 to Virginia at half. Wisconsin could jump up with big 2nd half.
uffda udfa (18-Nov) : Badgers very fortunate to be tied at half. Will fall down rankings without huge 2nd half.
uffda udfa (18-Nov) : Kam Chancellor OUT for year.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / stevegb

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

Headlines