Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 8:23:55 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

Source Link

Quote:
The night before the first game that Brett Favre will play against the team with which he spent more than a decade and a half, the version of his televised interview with Jon Gruden is slightly less inflammatory than the version that aired this morning.

The question is the same. Asks Gruden: "What do you say to all the Packer fans? They gotta be confused."

Said Favre in the version that aired Sunday morning: "It was 16 great years. I hope they enjoyed it, they appreciated . . . that run as much as I did. You can't take that away. You just have to let it go and just move on."

In the late Sunday/early Monday version, the "and just move on" language was omitted.

We're trying to find out why that phrase was removed. More accurately, we're trying to find out ESPN's official reason for removing the phrase.

The difference is subtle, but in our view significant. The answer seem to have a harder edge with "just move on" as the last words. Without that phrase, it seemed almost innocuous.

Anyway, we'll let you know why those words made it into the Sunday morning shows, but ended up on the cutting-room floor by Sunday night.

Quote:
[size=18]Favre to Packers fans: "You just have to let it go and just move on"[/size]
In an interview with ESPN's Jon Gruden aired a day before the greatest regular-season game since the last overhyped regular-season game, Vikings quarterback Brett Favre was asked a simple question.

"What do you say to all the Packer fans? They gotta be confused." (Kudos to ESPN's technicaly staff for scrubbing out any "F" words.)

"It was 16 great years," Favre said. "I hope they enjoyed it, they appreciated . . . that run as much as I did," Favre said. "You can't take that away. You just have to let it go and just move on."

Favre also suggested that he might be a little emotionally spent after last week's win over the 49ers. But he stopped short of suggesting that it might keep him from bringing everything he can bring to Monday night's game.

Meanwhile, though he been great in the MNF booth, Gruden at one point reminded us of Brucie from the "we can kill them" scene in The Longest Yard when he asked Brett, "How much do really just want to beat them?"

Wow.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline IronMan  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 8:39:33 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 95
Applause Received: 103

Hmm.
Online Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 10:01:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

I can't say I disagree with it too much. I won't move on because he sought out to join the Packers biggest rival while still "retired" as a Packer. Like Butler, Henderson, Thurston, etc have said. You don't join the enemy that you've been told to hate for 16 years.

On the flip side. Brett didn't chose a team out of a handful that wanted his services. It was only the Vikings that wanted him and he wanted to play. Jets wanted him, until he retired. So really, the man wanted to play again and only one team wanted him. I really can't fault him for that. If it was motivated by revenge, then I think that's foul, but he's his own man as I am. I've lost some respect for him during this whole thing, but I still consider him my favorite QB of all time, hands down and I'll still watch his old highlights with a smile on my face.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 10:12:38 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 230
Applause Received: 457

What he did here in the past won't be affected by what he does now, in my view at least.
But i STILL hope we harass the heck out of him and beat "his" team with "our" team.
UserPostedImage
Online yooperfan  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 11:01:22 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 676
Applause Received: 325

I have been Green Bay Packers fan for 53 years and I have always wanted the Packers to win every game (and I always will) and tonight is no exception. I hope before I am 10 toes up under the grass that I will see another Lombardi trophy brought to Green Bay.
However, I will never turn my back on Brett Favre no matter who he plays for. He has meant too much to my family and myself during his stallar career with the Green Bay Packers.
I have moved on and tonight I will be cheering wildly for the Green Bay Packers to beat the hated Vikings.

Tomorrow morning, regardless of the outcome, all my Packers memorabelia, including my pictures of Brett in green and gold, will remain prominent in my home.
Rss Feed