Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 12:50:11 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Can some people just give Favre some credit???

In a pressure filled game in which he knew was going to be the most watched MNF game ever, in which he knew that there were millions of people hoping he fails, etc., he played one of his best games EVER. He deserves credit even though a lot of people that have always hated him point to BS stuff.

"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better" - how do you know that and who cares???

"Rodgers passed for more yards than Favre, he had a better game anyway"

I did not confirm this but on the radio they were saying that out of Rodgers 380 yards, 140 yards came from the final five minutes (70 yards from a 70 second drive and 70 yards from a 120 second drive).

I'm convinced there are fans that don't even watch games and just look at box scores. Why would the Vikings if they are up by 16 or whatever continue to throw a ton if they have AP. It only makes sense that they are going to start running more and Favre throwing less and taking no chances - hence he would obviously have less yards.

This isn't a jab at Rodgers because I have said in other threads he played a good game (not "great" IMO) and the thing that impressed me the most about him was the way he handled himself. It was pure class. He waited after the game to find Favre and hug him even though everyone in the world wants him to hate Favre. He didn't throw his O-line under the bus as he could have. He has flaws, sure, as does almost every QB in hte history of the game (including Favre). He threw a costly INT, Favre didn't, he fumbled, Favre didn't, he took a stupid safety, Favre didn't, etc. But then again he faced much much much more of a pass rush than Favre (thats an understatement), Donald Lee dropped a key pass, etc. Its all good. But its pretty amazing for a 40 year old QB to play just as well or if not better than a 20 something.

I thought I'd give him some credit in a Favre dedicated section of the site. This should somewhat even out all the Favre bashing threads here.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 12:52:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

You know what, shut up! I don't care about the Vikings QB so fuck him and fuck giving him credit! A defense that scores. The best RB and he the man is doing more dump off's than the local fucking garbage truck company. give me a break.

HE'S A VIKING WHO CARES!


Okay, Viking hate over. :) When he retires, for good, then we can talk. Til then. He leads the enemy so fuck him. :)


Edit, PS, you're on a Packers website, keep that in mind when you're asking for people to give props to a traitor!!! lol
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Online Rockmolder  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 1:01:08 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 264

He played very well. Can't say anything else than that.

Fact remains that he was playing against a defense that came out commited to the run and missfired completely. Just as much as we put an asteric next to Rodgers' performance when going up against the Rams, you can do that here as well.
UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 1:04:12 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
You know what, shut up! I don't care about the Vikings QB so fuck him and fuck giving him credit! A defense that scores. The best RB and he the man is doing more dump off's than the local fucking garbage truck company. give me a break.

HE'S A VIKING WHO CARES!


Okay, Viking hate over. :) When he retires, for good, then we can talk. Til then. He leads the enemy so fuck him. :)


Edit, PS, you're on a Packers website, keep that in mind when you're asking for people to give props to a traitor!!! lol


Lol, agreed 100%! You can delete this if you want.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 1:12:29 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
You know what, shut up! I don't care about the Vikings QB so fuck him and fuck giving him credit! A defense that scores. The best RB and he the man is doing more dump off's than the local fucking garbage truck company. give me a break.

HE'S A VIKING WHO CARES!


Okay, Viking hate over. :) When he retires, for good, then we can talk. Til then. He leads the enemy so fuck him. :)


Edit, PS, you're on a Packers website, keep that in mind when you're asking for people to give props to a traitor!!! lol


Lol, agreed 100%! You can delete this if you want.


Nah, I don't like deleting threads/posts. I was just saying FUCK THE VIKINGS QB HE'S A TRAITOR!! :)

I'll resume my love fest for our Qb of the 90's when he's not donning the hated colors.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 3:15:59 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post


"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better"



I hope to GOD you were not one of the people stating that with Favre on the 08 team they go 13-3

Cuz as you said HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

what I find ironic, is that you were not around posting to much lately,then out of the blue here you are??


If you think giving Rodgers 7 to 8 secs on numerous passes wouldn't have allowed Rodgers to pick apart a defense then you dont know to much about football..That is what Brett had to deal with.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 3:20:57 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post


"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better"



I hope to GOD you were not one of the people stating that with Favre on the 08 team they go 13-3

Cuz as you said HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

what I find ironic, is that you were not around posting to much lately,then out of the blue here you are??


If you think giving Rodgers 7 to 8 secs on numerous passes wouldn't have allowed Rodgers to pick apart a defense then you dont know to much about football..That is what Brett had to deal with.


Hey mr needs kevin to fix his quote boxes four times a day, don't be knocking ppl who were quiet and now posting. Afterall, one of our goals here at PH.com is to get people to post MORE!



Anyhooters. Vikings QB will get credit when he's no longer Vikings QB. Til then. BURY VIKINGS QB FUCK'EM!! :)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 3:23:08 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 11/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post


"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better"



I hope to GOD you were not one of the people stating that with Favre on the 08 team they go 13-3

Cuz as you said HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

what I find ironic, is that you were not around posting to much lately,then out of the blue here you are??


If you think giving Rodgers 7 to 8 secs on numerous passes wouldn't have allowed Rodgers to pick apart a defense then you dont know to much about football..That is what Brett had to deal with.


Hey mr needs kevin to fix his quote boxes four times a day, don't be knocking ppl who were quiet and now posting. Afterall, one of our goals here at PackersHome.com is to get people to post MORE!



Anyhooters. Vikings QB will get credit when he's no longer Vikings QB. Til then. BURY VIKINGS QB FUCK'EM!! :)


WTF?

Show me next time my quote boxes are wrong..

other wise

STFU?


LOL
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 3:27:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

lol ;)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 4:45:58 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

I give Brett credit on the field.. he seems motivated and is playing very well.

I also give the Vikings as a team credit for adjusting to his late decision and have seem to have gelled in good time.

They are winning now.. we shall see how the course of the season runs.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 5:14:26 PM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post


"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better"



I hope to GOD you were not one of the people stating that with Favre on the 08 team they go 13-3

Cuz as you said HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

what I find ironic, is that you were not around posting to much lately,then out of the blue here you are??


If you think giving Rodgers 7 to 8 secs on numerous passes wouldn't have allowed Rodgers to pick apart a defense then you dont know to much about football..That is what Brett had to deal with.


I don't remember ever putting anything about how if Favre was here we'd be 13-3 last year? I can only point at facts - we were 13-3 and then we were 6-10 and the Jets were 4-12 and then they were 9-7. Maybe its all a concidence, I don't know, I don't really care anymore, it happened. Both sides f'd up, its in the past, nothing I can do or anyone can do. I saw it as a mistake at hte time, I see it as a mistake now, who cares.

I have no idea what your talking about that I havn't been here until this week? I'm sure you can do a post search by author or something. But wait that would involves some kind of thought before insulting someone.

We've never seen eye to eye but your post is insulting. You know what, YOU don't know crap about football. Because Favre had ONE play where they counted 7.4 seconds does not mean that he had 7.4 seconds throughout the game. PLEASE go watch the game and see the amount of times Favre got it out quickly to the slant or to a WR screen or dumped it off to the nearest open guy.

I'm not even understanding what your saying. So your saying the only reason Favre picked apart the Packers is because of protection and it had nothing to do with throwing picture perfect passes and reading the defense perfectly in a game in which all the pressure in the world was on him?

You don't have to get worked up against me just because a 40 year old QB outplayed a 20 something. It happens, life goes on. Maybe in November, Favre throws 3 INTs, Rodgers throws 5 TDs and the Vikings lose. Life will go on. Favre ONCE had a losing season at 4-12, life goes on, at the time yes, there were plenty of games where was outplayed by the other QB. Its not going to kill you to admit that at 40, Favre is at the same level as 20 somethings in Cutler and Rodgers. The guy can simply play and is a winner, Elway had two awesome teams (with an awesome defense) with the best RB at the time and he won two Super Bowls, that doesn't take away from his Super Bowls. Dan Marino never had hte best teams and he never won, do you think anyone cares he didn't have the best teams, he never won, thats all people care about, thats life.
blank
Offline Wade  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 5:44:08 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Okay, Viking hate over. :) When he retires, for good, then we can talk. Til then. He leads the enemy so fuck him. :)



Zero,

For some reason I've always thought that particular action should be reserved for people who are at least casual acquaintances. Not allowed to enemies. :)

Pedantically yours,
Wade
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline djcubez  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 5:48:41 PM(UTC)
djcubez

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Can some people just give Favre some credit???

In a pressure filled game in which he knew was going to be the most watched MNF game ever, in which he knew that there were millions of people hoping he fails, etc., he played one of his best games EVER. He deserves credit even though a lot of people that have always hated him point to BS stuff.

"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better" - how do you know that and who cares???

"Rodgers passed for more yards than Favre, he had a better game anyway"

I did not confirm this but on the radio they were saying that out of Rodgers 380 yards, 140 yards came from the final five minutes (70 yards from a 70 second drive and 70 yards from a 120 second drive).

I'm convinced there are fans that don't even watch games and just look at box scores. Why would the Vikings if they are up by 16 or whatever continue to throw a ton if they have AP. It only makes sense that they are going to start running more and Favre throwing less and taking no chances - hence he would obviously have less yards.

This isn't a jab at Rodgers because I have said in other threads he played a good game (not "great" IMO) and the thing that impressed me the most about him was the way he handled himself. It was pure class. He waited after the game to find Favre and hug him even though everyone in the world wants him to hate Favre. He didn't throw his O-line under the bus as he could have. He has flaws, sure, as does almost every QB in hte history of the game (including Favre). He threw a costly INT, Favre didn't, he fumbled, Favre didn't, he took a stupid safety, Favre didn't, etc. But then again he faced much much much more of a pass rush than Favre (thats an understatement), Donald Lee dropped a key pass, etc. Its all good. But its pretty amazing for a 40 year old QB to play just as well or if not better than a 20 something.

I thought I'd give him some credit in a Favre dedicated section of the site. This should somewhat even out all the Favre bashing threads here.


Favre did what he was paid to do. He doesn't deserve shit for credit. Not to mention the fact that most of his yards resulted from having 7 seconds in a pocket to throw the damn ball. Imagine if we had teams stacking 8 in the box to make sure Ryan Grant didn't run all over them--any starting QB should have a field day. Plus, most of Favre's throws were less than 5 yards, the receivers did most of the work.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 5:55:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Okay, Viking hate over. :) When he retires, for good, then we can talk. Til then. He leads the enemy so fuck him. :)



Zero,

For some reason I've always thought that particular action should be reserved for people who are at least casual acquaintances. Not allowed to enemies. :)

Pedantically yours,
Wade


lol


[size=28]FUCK THE VIKINGS QB!![/size]
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 6:29:18 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 50
Applause Received: 204

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Can some people just give Favre some credit???

In a pressure filled game in which he knew was going to be the most watched MNF game ever, in which he knew that there were millions of people hoping he fails, etc., he played one of his best games EVER. He deserves credit even though a lot of people that have always hated him point to BS stuff.

"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better" - how do you know that and who cares???

"Rodgers passed for more yards than Favre, he had a better game anyway"

I did not confirm this but on the radio they were saying that out of Rodgers 380 yards, 140 yards came from the final five minutes (70 yards from a 70 second drive and 70 yards from a 120 second drive).

I'm convinced there are fans that don't even watch games and just look at box scores. Why would the Vikings if they are up by 16 or whatever continue to throw a ton if they have AP. It only makes sense that they are going to start running more and Favre throwing less and taking no chances - hence he would obviously have less yards.

This isn't a jab at Rodgers because I have said in other threads he played a good game (not "great" IMO) and the thing that impressed me the most about him was the way he handled himself. It was pure class. He waited after the game to find Favre and hug him even though everyone in the world wants him to hate Favre. He didn't throw his O-line under the bus as he could have. He has flaws, sure, as does almost every QB in hte history of the game (including Favre). He threw a costly INT, Favre didn't, he fumbled, Favre didn't, he took a stupid safety, Favre didn't, etc. But then again he faced much much much more of a pass rush than Favre (thats an understatement), Donald Lee dropped a key pass, etc. Its all good. But its pretty amazing for a 40 year old QB to play just as well or if not better than a 20 something.

I thought I'd give him some credit in a Favre dedicated section of the site. This should somewhat even out all the Favre bashing threads here.


Favre did what he was paid to do. He doesn't deserve shit for credit. Not to mention the fact that most of his yards resulted from having 7 seconds in a pocket to throw the damn ball. Imagine if we had teams stacking 8 in the box to make sure Ryan Grant didn't run all over them--any starting QB should have a field day. Plus, most of Favre's throws were less than 5 yards, the receivers did most of the work.



Did you even watch the fricken game? He had one play where he had 7 seconds so he got most of his yards on one play? Ho many deep passes did he throw, for your info most of his passes were longer than 5 yards.


Cmon guys he schooled us and you don't want to admit it, for alot of you its always an excuse like oh the refs called to many flags on us or oh we were stopping the run. You ever stop and think we just plain got beat and no excuses? With your thinking then the Bears should have beat us because Cutler had no time to throw the ball.


There was a thread on how to play the Vikes and alot of the posters said make Favre beat us (including myself) and he did it. So yes he deserves some credit.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline djcubez  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 8:43:17 PM(UTC)
djcubez

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Can some people just give Favre some credit???

In a pressure filled game in which he knew was going to be the most watched MNF game ever, in which he knew that there were millions of people hoping he fails, etc., he played one of his best games EVER. He deserves credit even though a lot of people that have always hated him point to BS stuff.

"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better" - how do you know that and who cares???

"Rodgers passed for more yards than Favre, he had a better game anyway"

I did not confirm this but on the radio they were saying that out of Rodgers 380 yards, 140 yards came from the final five minutes (70 yards from a 70 second drive and 70 yards from a 120 second drive).

I'm convinced there are fans that don't even watch games and just look at box scores. Why would the Vikings if they are up by 16 or whatever continue to throw a ton if they have AP. It only makes sense that they are going to start running more and Favre throwing less and taking no chances - hence he would obviously have less yards.

This isn't a jab at Rodgers because I have said in other threads he played a good game (not "great" IMO) and the thing that impressed me the most about him was the way he handled himself. It was pure class. He waited after the game to find Favre and hug him even though everyone in the world wants him to hate Favre. He didn't throw his O-line under the bus as he could have. He has flaws, sure, as does almost every QB in hte history of the game (including Favre). He threw a costly INT, Favre didn't, he fumbled, Favre didn't, he took a stupid safety, Favre didn't, etc. But then again he faced much much much more of a pass rush than Favre (thats an understatement), Donald Lee dropped a key pass, etc. Its all good. But its pretty amazing for a 40 year old QB to play just as well or if not better than a 20 something.

I thought I'd give him some credit in a Favre dedicated section of the site. This should somewhat even out all the Favre bashing threads here.


Favre did what he was paid to do. He doesn't deserve shit for credit. Not to mention the fact that most of his yards resulted from having 7 seconds in a pocket to throw the damn ball. Imagine if we had teams stacking 8 in the box to make sure Ryan Grant didn't run all over them--any starting QB should have a field day. Plus, most of Favre's throws were less than 5 yards, the receivers did most of the work.



Did you even watch the fricken game? He had one play where he had 7 seconds so he got most of his yards on one play? Ho many deep passes did he throw, for your info most of his passes were longer than 5 yards.


Cmon guys he schooled us and you don't want to admit it, for alot of you its always an excuse like oh the refs called to many flags on us or oh we were stopping the run. You ever stop and think we just plain got beat and no excuses? With your thinking then the Bears should have beat us because Cutler had no time to throw the ball.


There was a thread on how to play the Vikes and alot of the posters said make Favre beat us (including myself) and he did it. So yes he deserves some credit.


You say "you guys" like you mean me, however I never made excuses for the game. We lost fair and square. All I'm saying is Brett didn't do shit. He made a pass when it counted but that's what's required for a game-managing QB. His team has a run game and good defense so there's relatively no pressure on Favre to force it in there. I mean do I deserve credit every day I go and do a job I'm paid to do without making mistakes? I agree, Favre played a good game but he doesn't deserve all this credit for the win. It's not like he was bombing them on us every play and making our secondary look like fools. The Vikings as a team made our defense look like shit, not all this Favreian stuff. Wait until Favre really has to put everything on his shoulders and win a game--I guarantee he won't pull anything out of his ass like against the 49ers.

Plus what's this about Cutler. The reason we beat him is our pressure forced him to make bad throws. We rarely put any pressure on Favre because we had a weak link at safety and we focused too much on All Day. And that's not called an "excuse" for losing, it's called a "reason" for losing.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 9:00:25 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Seriously? Defending the VIKINGS QB?

What the fuck kind of fans are you? Save that shit for the off season.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:19:36 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Novel concept, instead of throwing around uncorroborated numbers, why don't you guys point to the number of passes that were actually under or over five yards? Ya know, give your arguments some meat?
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:24:16 AM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

I dunno about that, Nonstop..

But Favre threw an average of 11.29 yards per completion, and A-Rod threw 14.77 yards per completion.

A-Rod did pretty good, but that's all the Packers threw at the Vikings.. How many rushing attempts did they have? Not even 20?

On the flip side, the Vikings had a more balanced attack. While the rush wasn't effective, it didn't matter.. They at least tried it.

I think that has more to do with the Vikings win and Favre's performance than people give credit for.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:42:24 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Love how people are saying Rodgers padded his stats in garbage time. 140 yards in the 4th. The only difference between him and Brett is that Rodgers made those garbage time passes. Didn't MN go for a bomb with the game ticking away? Only Brett missed.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline djcubez  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 3:53:02 AM(UTC)
djcubez

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Novel concept, instead of throwing around uncorroborated numbers, why don't you guys point to the number of passes that were actually under or over five yards? Ya know, give your arguments some meat?

Alright I exaggerated. The point I was trying to make is a lot of his throws were short with YAC and most of them were setup by a defensive commitment to the run game.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline porky88  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:08:43 AM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

I think most people understand that Favre played out of his mind against the Packers. I started two threads right after the game and I believe I put in the Packers at Vikings thoughts thread that Favre beat the Packers and Minnesota doesn't win without him. He' has improved that team by a huge margin. GB dared Favre to beat them and he did. That simple

Again though, the question was never whether or not Favre could play one game or two or even five. It's can he go through the entire season and the postseason with consistent play and not fade down the stretch? The NFL is a marathon and not a sprint.

As far as the whole Rodgers on Vikings and Vikings are better or whatnot. Go read the espn boards and come back. Favre fans have trashed Rodgers as much, if not more than Packer fans have trashed Favre. When Mike and Mike in the Morning is addressing some of the comments coming in on those boards, you know the guy is getting a lot of unnecessary flack.

It works both ways, but then again, most things do.
Offline Gravedigga  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:01:27 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Can some people just give Favre some credit???

In a pressure filled game in which he knew was going to be the most watched MNF game ever, in which he knew that there were millions of people hoping he fails, etc., he played one of his best games EVER. He deserves credit even though a lot of people that have always hated him point to BS stuff.

"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better" - how do you know that and who cares???

"Rodgers passed for more yards than Favre, he had a better game anyway"

I did not confirm this but on the radio they were saying that out of Rodgers 380 yards, 140 yards came from the final five minutes (70 yards from a 70 second drive and 70 yards from a 120 second drive).

I'm convinced there are fans that don't even watch games and just look at box scores. Why would the Vikings if they are up by 16 or whatever continue to throw a ton if they have AP. It only makes sense that they are going to start running more and Favre throwing less and taking no chances - hence he would obviously have less yards.

This isn't a jab at Rodgers because I have said in other threads he played a good game (not "great" IMO) and the thing that impressed me the most about him was the way he handled himself. It was pure class. He waited after the game to find Favre and hug him even though everyone in the world wants him to hate Favre. He didn't throw his O-line under the bus as he could have. He has flaws, sure, as does almost every QB in hte history of the game (including Favre). He threw a costly INT, Favre didn't, he fumbled, Favre didn't, he took a stupid safety, Favre didn't, etc. But then again he faced much much much more of a pass rush than Favre (thats an understatement), Donald Lee dropped a key pass, etc. Its all good. But its pretty amazing for a 40 year old QB to play just as well or if not better than a 20 something.

I thought I'd give him some credit in a Favre dedicated section of the site. This should somewhat even out all the Favre bashing threads here.


Favre did what he was paid to do. He doesn't deserve shit for credit. Not to mention the fact that most of his yards resulted from having 7 seconds in a pocket to throw the damn ball. Imagine if we had teams stacking 8 in the box to make sure Ryan Grant didn't run all over them--any starting QB should have a field day. Plus, most of Favre's throws were less than 5 yards, the receivers did most of the work.


The touchdown where Al Harris got shook out his boots it was 1.5 seconds, quick pump, and throw. The rest(Harris pointing at teammates) is history.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Gravedigga  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:15:38 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post


You say "you guys" like you mean me, however I never made excuses for the game. We lost fair and square. All I'm saying is Brett didn't do shit. He made a pass when it counted but that's what's required for a [size=18]game-managing QB[/size]. His team has a run game and good defense so there's relatively no pressure on Favre to force it in there. I mean do I deserve credit every day I go and do a job I'm paid to do without making mistakes? I agree, Favre played a good game but he doesn't deserve all this credit for the win. It's not like he was bombing them on us every play and making our secondary look like fools. The Vikings as a team made our defense look like shit, not all this Favreian stuff. Wait until Favre really has to put everything on his shoulders and win a game--I guarantee he won't pull anything out of his ass like against the 49ers.

Plus what's this about Cutler. The reason we beat him is our pressure forced him to make bad throws. We rarely put any pressure on Favre because we had a weak link at safety and we focused too much on All Day. And that's not called an "excuse" for losing, it's called a "reason" for losing.


Game managing QB? Wanna give the credit to Peterson? Alright, lets go over the box score.

Peterson: 25 carries, 55 yards, 2.1 yards per carry, 1 TD
Vikings: 30 carries, 63 yards, 2.1 yards per carry

Favre 24/31 271 yards, 3 touchdowns

Because of Favres arm, the Vikings didnt need to pass much in the 4th quarter. Because of Favres long pass, Peterson got a short easy TD. Because of Favre, the Vikings won. I have a hard time seeing the Vikings win with T. Jackson or Sage behind center. Every time they needed a big play, there he was, MANAGING to pillage our "great secondary"

No pressure on Favre because of a great running game? 2 yards per carry man. Thats A LOT of pressure knowing you have to make ALL the big plays in order to get points. Knowing that because the great Peterson lost the fumble which was returned for a TD, he had to get more points. This game was all about Favre and hardly at all about Peterson. Most watched cable program ever, one of the highest pressure situation maybe ever for Favre and he was nearly flawless. Take your sour grapes and excuses elsewhere :)
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline Gravedigga  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:17:35 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Love how people are saying Rodgers padded his stats in garbage time. 140 yards in the 4th. The only difference between him and Brett is that Rodgers made those garbage time passes. Didn't MN go for a bomb with the game ticking away? Only Brett missed.


He did it on purpose. No use in kicking a dying dog.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage


A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / stevegb

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann