Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 12:51:28 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)
Applause Received: 3
" said: Go to Quoted Post
He said the same thing about the 2007 Packers. Its no big deal.


Exactly, how many people were up in arms then saying "thats disrespectful to the 1996 Packers". If you did, then yes, you should complain about this too. But I bet most people thought it was a good move to try to give them some confidence.
Offline Rockmolder  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 1:03:31 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 240
Applause Received: 374
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
He said the same thing about the 2007 Packers. Its no big deal.


Exactly, how many people were up in arms then saying "thats disrespectful to the 1996 Packers". If you did, then yes, you should complain about this too. But I bet most people thought it was a good move to try to give them some confidence.


I wasn't into football back them. At least, not like I am now, but I would've found that disrespectfull, as well.

Big difference here is that he has to know himself that this is like throwing salt into the Packers fans wounds, playing for the Vikings and all. The man is not utterly retarded. He knows what kind of impact this could make.
Offline djcubez  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 5:44:33 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Madison
Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 17
2006: Favre sees 'most talented' Packers team of his tenure - ""I really feel like this is, as far as talent is concerned, the most talented team that I've been a part of as a whole," Favre said Monday morning."

2009: Favre: "This is the best team I've ever been on" - I think physically and from a talent level, this is the best team Ive ever been on, Favre told reporters in the postgame.

1999: Nov. 7, 1999: Bears 14, Packers 13
- "We have really great talent in this offense, and great talent on this team.

2008: Brett Favre To New York Jets - "He's convincing," Favre said, drawing a smile from Tannenbaum. "I know this team had a lot of talent."

2004: Favre's Exemplary Journey - "Talent-wise, we're as talented as any team in the league," Favre said. "We're as talented as the '96 Super Bowl team"

Hello people it's a fucking catchphrase. He's the QB of the team, therefore the leader which means he's trying to keep his team pumped after a 5-0 start to the season because--as he knows all too well--a team can derail at any second. People are blowing this all out of proportion too. Obviously the best team he was on was 1997-1998 because they won the fucking Super Bowl, which is a hands-down "you are the best team in the league" trophy.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 6:02:08 PM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,356
Applause Received: 3,648
lol nice find!

Again I state this.

[size=28]FUCK THE VIKINGS QB!![/size]
Offline MassPackersFan  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 6:49:32 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7
That's pretty sad, if we turned in as poor of a performance as we did and lost by 7 to the best team the old man has ever played on.

Just goes along with my theory that this is a doppleganger and all that's left of our HOF quarterback is a pile of digested goo lying on a forest floor somewhere.
Offline porky88  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:58:07 AM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2015

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 252
Applause Received: 510
" said: Go to Quoted Post
2006: Favre sees 'most talented' Packers team of his tenure - ""I really feel like this is, as far as talent is concerned, the most talented team that I've been a part of as a whole," Favre said Monday morning."

2009: Favre: "This is the best team I've ever been on" - I think physically and from a talent level, this is the best team Ive ever been on, Favre told reporters in the postgame.

1999: Nov. 7, 1999: Bears 14, Packers 13
- "We have really great talent in this offense, and great talent on this team.

2008: Brett Favre To New York Jets - "He's convincing," Favre said, drawing a smile from Tannenbaum. "I know this team had a lot of talent."

2004: Favre's Exemplary Journey - "Talent-wise, we're as talented as any team in the league," Favre said. "We're as talented as the '96 Super Bowl team"

Hello people it's a fucking catchphrase. He's the QB of the team, therefore the leader which means he's trying to keep his team pumped after a 5-0 start to the season because--as he knows all too well--a team can derail at any second. People are blowing this all out of proportion too. Obviously the best team he was on was 1997-1998 because they won the fucking Super Bowl, which is a hands-down "you are the best team in the league" trophy.


I think he meant every word at the time he said all of that. Why would he doubt his own abilities as well as his teams? Favre has always talked in the present and not the past. When all said and done, the 96 Packers will go down as his best team and he'll probably know that when that time comes. Until that day though, Favre will continue to say what he says as well as look forward. He thinks big.

Remember the Ahman Green could be MVP statement?
Offline Gravedigga  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:28:24 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
2006: Favre sees 'most talented' Packers team of his tenure - ""I really feel like this is, as far as talent is concerned, the most talented team that I've been a part of as a whole," Favre said Monday morning."

2009: Favre: "This is the best team I've ever been on" - I think physically and from a talent level, this is the best team Ive ever been on, Favre told reporters in the postgame.

1999: Nov. 7, 1999: Bears 14, Packers 13
- "We have really great talent in this offense, and great talent on this team.

2008: Brett Favre To New York Jets - "He's convincing," Favre said, drawing a smile from Tannenbaum. "I know this team had a lot of talent."

2004: Favre's Exemplary Journey - "Talent-wise, we're as talented as any team in the league," Favre said. "We're as talented as the '96 Super Bowl team"

Hello people it's a fucking catchphrase. He's the QB of the team, therefore the leader which means he's trying to keep his team pumped after a 5-0 start to the season because--as he knows all too well--a team can derail at any second. People are blowing this all out of proportion too. Obviously the best team he was on was 1997-1998 because they won the fucking Super Bowl, which is a hands-down "you are the best team in the league" trophy.


I think we overanalyze Favres words way too much. You could find 40 players who say that every year but nobody cares because theyre not Brett Favre.
Offline Gravedigga  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:32:08 AM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/16/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
That's pretty sad, if we turned in as poor of a performance as we did and lost by 7 to the best team the old man has ever played on.

Just goes along with my theory that this is a doppleganger and all that's left of our HOF quarterback is a pile of digested goo lying on a forest floor somewhere.


Poor performance? Hate to burst your bubble but I think the Packers played as well as they can possibly play vs the Vikings. Held AP to 55 yards. Returned a gift fumble for a TD. Rodgers had almost 400 yards. Prepare yourself, the Packers will get blowed out(as Emmit Smith would say) the next time.
Offline djcubez  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:29:28 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Madison
Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 17
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
That's pretty sad, if we turned in as poor of a performance as we did and lost by 7 to the best team the old man has ever played on.

Just goes along with my theory that this is a doppleganger and all that's left of our HOF quarterback is a pile of digested goo lying on a forest floor somewhere.


Poor performance? Hate to burst your bubble but I think the Packers played as well as they can possibly play vs the Vikings. Held AP to 55 yards. Returned a gift fumble for a TD. Rodgers had almost 400 yards. Prepare yourself, the Packers will get blowed out(as Emmit Smith would say) the next time.

6 first half penalties. Two drives at the start of the game in Vikings territory ending on takeaways. A dropped pass on 4th-and-goal in the end zone. Only losing by 7 points. Somehow I fail to grasp this "blowed out" you're referring too.
Offline MassPackersFan  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:31:43 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Joined: 9/16/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
That's pretty sad, if we turned in as poor of a performance as we did and lost by 7 to the best team the old man has ever played on.

Just goes along with my theory that this is a doppleganger and all that's left of our HOF quarterback is a pile of digested goo lying on a forest floor somewhere.


Poor performance? Hate to burst your bubble but I think the Packers played as well as they can possibly play vs the Vikings. Held AP to 55 yards. Returned a gift fumble for a TD. Rodgers had almost 400 yards. Prepare yourself, the Packers will get blowed out(as Emmit Smith would say) the next time.


Dropped a short TD pass. Surrendered two fumbles (which are largely considered unpredictable i.e. "luck"). Played without our starting LT and LG all of the game, and our backup LT about half of the game. Playing with our worst pickup of the year at SS, who was continuously out of position in his 2nd game on the field for us. Penalties galore.

Yeah, we performed very poorly. I'm surprised you are actually arguing with me on this. You think we played well? Back it up. All you're doing now is talking shit (gonna get blowed out).
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
uffda udfa (2h): profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/31/nfl-clears-harrison-peppers-and-matthews/
uffda udfa (2h): Julius and Clay cleared by NFL.
uffda udfa (7h): Lol. I'm with ya, Bart Sibrel...just taking shot at Smoke being late to the party.
Zero2Cool (8h): no we did not
uffda udfa (8h): We landed on the moon. Yes!
Smokey (16h): Bridgewater dislocates L knee and tears ligaments . I can't celebrate that even if he is a Viking .
Smokey (22h): \_/
Smokey (30-Aug): WHAT ?
Smokey (30-Aug): Hip Hip Hooray ! John Wilkes Booth shoots Abe Lincoln !
Zero2Cool (30-Aug): lol seriously??
uffda udfa (30-Aug): Vikes fans are talking about Johnny Football.
Cheesey (30-Aug): Well...being on the Vikings alone could cause cursing and throwing helmets!
uffda udfa (30-Aug): Achilles?
Smokey (30-Aug): Teammates seen cursing and throwing helmets .
Smokey (30-Aug): Bridgewater/non-contact injury to L. knee/leg .
Zero2Cool (30-Aug): Whoa Teddy bridgewater just went down looks serious Vikings end practice
Zero2Cool (30-Aug): HEY! It could be a 6th rounder that turns into four 7th rounder (aka Jeff Janis!)
uffda udfa (30-Aug): We really needed a 2018 7th rounder. Will really help DL issue.
uffda udfa (30-Aug): Yes it is. Didn't see that blockbuster coming. Glad we got what's needed.
Zero2Cool (30-Aug): Some uffda udfa recently claimed Packers never trade. HA, jokes on that clown!!! Bahahahahahahahah
uffda udfa (30-Aug): TT with trade. Lerentee McCray to Bills for 2018 draft choice. 2018?
uffda udfa (30-Aug): Blackman officially waived. Perillo our 3rd TE and Randall starter opposite Shields.
uffda udfa (30-Aug): Crockett, Blackman and Henry expected to be waived per Demovsky
uffda udfa (30-Aug): Chargers cut our old friend, James Jones.
Zero2Cool (29-Aug): Packers release Peter Mortell.
Zero2Cool (29-Aug): Laser Gunns, why two accounts?
Zero2Cool (29-Aug): Patriots released DT Terrance Knighton
Zero2Cool (29-Aug): I'm glad you're back uffda. Keep it strong!
Zero2Cool (29-Aug): Cullen acknowledged he was wrong already. I guess I just dismiss bad blood on that fact.
Zero2Cool (29-Aug): Type F blood = bad blood bahahaha
uffda udfa (29-Aug): Definite bad blood. Cullen felt disrespect with no comm from TT at any point.
uffda udfa (29-Aug): Paul Kruger released by Browns. Cagy vet 3-4 DL we could use.
Zero2Cool (29-Aug): Bad blood? Hahhaha no!
Zero2Cool (29-Aug): Shallow to understand the Vikings aren't football? Lighten up buttercup!
uffda udfa (29-Aug): Cullen Jenkins working out for Skins. Should be for us. Bad blood there.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Road To Super Bowl LI
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 12:00 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
8m / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

11h / Featured Content / DarkaneRules

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

19h / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

20h / Around The NFL / DarkaneRules

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

30-Aug / Around The NFL / Cheesey

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / luigis


Packers Headlines