Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 5:14:26 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 9/30/2007(UTC)
Applause Received: 3
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better"



I hope to GOD you were not one of the people stating that with Favre on the 08 team they go 13-3

Cuz as you said HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

what I find ironic, is that you were not around posting to much lately,then out of the blue here you are??


If you think giving Rodgers 7 to 8 secs on numerous passes wouldn't have allowed Rodgers to pick apart a defense then you dont know to much about football..That is what Brett had to deal with.


I don't remember ever putting anything about how if Favre was here we'd be 13-3 last year? I can only point at facts - we were 13-3 and then we were 6-10 and the Jets were 4-12 and then they were 9-7. Maybe its all a concidence, I don't know, I don't really care anymore, it happened. Both sides f'd up, its in the past, nothing I can do or anyone can do. I saw it as a mistake at hte time, I see it as a mistake now, who cares.

I have no idea what your talking about that I havn't been here until this week? I'm sure you can do a post search by author or something. But wait that would involves some kind of thought before insulting someone.

We've never seen eye to eye but your post is insulting. You know what, YOU don't know crap about football. Because Favre had ONE play where they counted 7.4 seconds does not mean that he had 7.4 seconds throughout the game. PLEASE go watch the game and see the amount of times Favre got it out quickly to the slant or to a WR screen or dumped it off to the nearest open guy.

I'm not even understanding what your saying. So your saying the only reason Favre picked apart the Packers is because of protection and it had nothing to do with throwing picture perfect passes and reading the defense perfectly in a game in which all the pressure in the world was on him?

You don't have to get worked up against me just because a 40 year old QB outplayed a 20 something. It happens, life goes on. Maybe in November, Favre throws 3 INTs, Rodgers throws 5 TDs and the Vikings lose. Life will go on. Favre ONCE had a losing season at 4-12, life goes on, at the time yes, there were plenty of games where was outplayed by the other QB. Its not going to kill you to admit that at 40, Favre is at the same level as 20 somethings in Cutler and Rodgers. The guy can simply play and is a winner, Elway had two awesome teams (with an awesome defense) with the best RB at the time and he won two Super Bowls, that doesn't take away from his Super Bowls. Dan Marino never had hte best teams and he never won, do you think anyone cares he didn't have the best teams, he never won, thats all people care about, thats life.
Offline Wade  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 5:44:08 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance
Applause Given: 890
Applause Received: 915
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Okay, Viking hate over. :) When he retires, for good, then we can talk. Til then. He leads the enemy so fuck him. :)



Zero,

For some reason I've always thought that particular action should be reserved for people who are at least casual acquaintances. Not allowed to enemies. :)

Pedantically yours,
Wade
Offline djcubez  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 5:48:41 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Madison
Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 17
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Can some people just give Favre some credit???

In a pressure filled game in which he knew was going to be the most watched MNF game ever, in which he knew that there were millions of people hoping he fails, etc., he played one of his best games EVER. He deserves credit even though a lot of people that have always hated him point to BS stuff.

"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better" - how do you know that and who cares???

"Rodgers passed for more yards than Favre, he had a better game anyway"

I did not confirm this but on the radio they were saying that out of Rodgers 380 yards, 140 yards came from the final five minutes (70 yards from a 70 second drive and 70 yards from a 120 second drive).

I'm convinced there are fans that don't even watch games and just look at box scores. Why would the Vikings if they are up by 16 or whatever continue to throw a ton if they have AP. It only makes sense that they are going to start running more and Favre throwing less and taking no chances - hence he would obviously have less yards.

This isn't a jab at Rodgers because I have said in other threads he played a good game (not "great" IMO) and the thing that impressed me the most about him was the way he handled himself. It was pure class. He waited after the game to find Favre and hug him even though everyone in the world wants him to hate Favre. He didn't throw his O-line under the bus as he could have. He has flaws, sure, as does almost every QB in hte history of the game (including Favre). He threw a costly INT, Favre didn't, he fumbled, Favre didn't, he took a stupid safety, Favre didn't, etc. But then again he faced much much much more of a pass rush than Favre (thats an understatement), Donald Lee dropped a key pass, etc. Its all good. But its pretty amazing for a 40 year old QB to play just as well or if not better than a 20 something.

I thought I'd give him some credit in a Favre dedicated section of the site. This should somewhat even out all the Favre bashing threads here.


Favre did what he was paid to do. He doesn't deserve shit for credit. Not to mention the fact that most of his yards resulted from having 7 seconds in a pocket to throw the damn ball. Imagine if we had teams stacking 8 in the box to make sure Ryan Grant didn't run all over them--any starting QB should have a field day. Plus, most of Favre's throws were less than 5 yards, the receivers did most of the work.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 5:55:52 PM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,442
Applause Received: 3,848
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post

Okay, Viking hate over. :) When he retires, for good, then we can talk. Til then. He leads the enemy so fuck him. :)



Zero,

For some reason I've always thought that particular action should be reserved for people who are at least casual acquaintances. Not allowed to enemies. :)

Pedantically yours,
Wade


lol


[size=28]FUCK THE VIKINGS QB!![/size]
Offline dhazer  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 6:29:18 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2016Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 99
Applause Received: 334
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Can some people just give Favre some credit???

In a pressure filled game in which he knew was going to be the most watched MNF game ever, in which he knew that there were millions of people hoping he fails, etc., he played one of his best games EVER. He deserves credit even though a lot of people that have always hated him point to BS stuff.

"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better" - how do you know that and who cares???

"Rodgers passed for more yards than Favre, he had a better game anyway"

I did not confirm this but on the radio they were saying that out of Rodgers 380 yards, 140 yards came from the final five minutes (70 yards from a 70 second drive and 70 yards from a 120 second drive).

I'm convinced there are fans that don't even watch games and just look at box scores. Why would the Vikings if they are up by 16 or whatever continue to throw a ton if they have AP. It only makes sense that they are going to start running more and Favre throwing less and taking no chances - hence he would obviously have less yards.

This isn't a jab at Rodgers because I have said in other threads he played a good game (not "great" IMO) and the thing that impressed me the most about him was the way he handled himself. It was pure class. He waited after the game to find Favre and hug him even though everyone in the world wants him to hate Favre. He didn't throw his O-line under the bus as he could have. He has flaws, sure, as does almost every QB in hte history of the game (including Favre). He threw a costly INT, Favre didn't, he fumbled, Favre didn't, he took a stupid safety, Favre didn't, etc. But then again he faced much much much more of a pass rush than Favre (thats an understatement), Donald Lee dropped a key pass, etc. Its all good. But its pretty amazing for a 40 year old QB to play just as well or if not better than a 20 something.

I thought I'd give him some credit in a Favre dedicated section of the site. This should somewhat even out all the Favre bashing threads here.


Favre did what he was paid to do. He doesn't deserve shit for credit. Not to mention the fact that most of his yards resulted from having 7 seconds in a pocket to throw the damn ball. Imagine if we had teams stacking 8 in the box to make sure Ryan Grant didn't run all over them--any starting QB should have a field day. Plus, most of Favre's throws were less than 5 yards, the receivers did most of the work.



Did you even watch the fricken game? He had one play where he had 7 seconds so he got most of his yards on one play? Ho many deep passes did he throw, for your info most of his passes were longer than 5 yards.


Cmon guys he schooled us and you don't want to admit it, for alot of you its always an excuse like oh the refs called to many flags on us or oh we were stopping the run. You ever stop and think we just plain got beat and no excuses? With your thinking then the Bears should have beat us because Cutler had no time to throw the ball.


There was a thread on how to play the Vikes and alot of the posters said make Favre beat us (including myself) and he did it. So yes he deserves some credit.
Offline djcubez  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 8:43:17 PM(UTC)
Rank: Senior Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Madison
Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 17
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Can some people just give Favre some credit???

In a pressure filled game in which he knew was going to be the most watched MNF game ever, in which he knew that there were millions of people hoping he fails, etc., he played one of his best games EVER. He deserves credit even though a lot of people that have always hated him point to BS stuff.

"If you put Rodgers on the Vikings and you put Favre on the Packers, then hands on Rodgers would have done better" - how do you know that and who cares???

"Rodgers passed for more yards than Favre, he had a better game anyway"

I did not confirm this but on the radio they were saying that out of Rodgers 380 yards, 140 yards came from the final five minutes (70 yards from a 70 second drive and 70 yards from a 120 second drive).

I'm convinced there are fans that don't even watch games and just look at box scores. Why would the Vikings if they are up by 16 or whatever continue to throw a ton if they have AP. It only makes sense that they are going to start running more and Favre throwing less and taking no chances - hence he would obviously have less yards.

This isn't a jab at Rodgers because I have said in other threads he played a good game (not "great" IMO) and the thing that impressed me the most about him was the way he handled himself. It was pure class. He waited after the game to find Favre and hug him even though everyone in the world wants him to hate Favre. He didn't throw his O-line under the bus as he could have. He has flaws, sure, as does almost every QB in hte history of the game (including Favre). He threw a costly INT, Favre didn't, he fumbled, Favre didn't, he took a stupid safety, Favre didn't, etc. But then again he faced much much much more of a pass rush than Favre (thats an understatement), Donald Lee dropped a key pass, etc. Its all good. But its pretty amazing for a 40 year old QB to play just as well or if not better than a 20 something.

I thought I'd give him some credit in a Favre dedicated section of the site. This should somewhat even out all the Favre bashing threads here.


Favre did what he was paid to do. He doesn't deserve shit for credit. Not to mention the fact that most of his yards resulted from having 7 seconds in a pocket to throw the damn ball. Imagine if we had teams stacking 8 in the box to make sure Ryan Grant didn't run all over them--any starting QB should have a field day. Plus, most of Favre's throws were less than 5 yards, the receivers did most of the work.



Did you even watch the fricken game? He had one play where he had 7 seconds so he got most of his yards on one play? Ho many deep passes did he throw, for your info most of his passes were longer than 5 yards.


Cmon guys he schooled us and you don't want to admit it, for alot of you its always an excuse like oh the refs called to many flags on us or oh we were stopping the run. You ever stop and think we just plain got beat and no excuses? With your thinking then the Bears should have beat us because Cutler had no time to throw the ball.


There was a thread on how to play the Vikes and alot of the posters said make Favre beat us (including myself) and he did it. So yes he deserves some credit.


You say "you guys" like you mean me, however I never made excuses for the game. We lost fair and square. All I'm saying is Brett didn't do shit. He made a pass when it counted but that's what's required for a game-managing QB. His team has a run game and good defense so there's relatively no pressure on Favre to force it in there. I mean do I deserve credit every day I go and do a job I'm paid to do without making mistakes? I agree, Favre played a good game but he doesn't deserve all this credit for the win. It's not like he was bombing them on us every play and making our secondary look like fools. The Vikings as a team made our defense look like shit, not all this Favreian stuff. Wait until Favre really has to put everything on his shoulders and win a game--I guarantee he won't pull anything out of his ass like against the 49ers.

Plus what's this about Cutler. The reason we beat him is our pressure forced him to make bad throws. We rarely put any pressure on Favre because we had a weak link at safety and we focused too much on All Day. And that's not called an "excuse" for losing, it's called a "reason" for losing.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 9:00:25 PM(UTC)
Rank: Premier Member

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Applause Given: 2,442
Applause Received: 3,848
Seriously? Defending the VIKINGS QB?

What the fuck kind of fans are you? Save that shit for the off season.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:19:36 AM(UTC)
Rank: Select Member

United States
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany
Applause Given: 396
Applause Received: 301
Novel concept, instead of throwing around uncorroborated numbers, why don't you guys point to the number of passes that were actually under or over five yards? Ya know, give your arguments some meat?
Offline Formo  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:24:16 AM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 159
I dunno about that, Nonstop..

But Favre threw an average of 11.29 yards per completion, and A-Rod threw 14.77 yards per completion.

A-Rod did pretty good, but that's all the Packers threw at the Vikings.. How many rushing attempts did they have? Not even 20?

On the flip side, the Vikings had a more balanced attack. While the rush wasn't effective, it didn't matter.. They at least tried it.

I think that has more to do with the Vikings win and Favre's performance than people give credit for.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:42:24 AM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 24
Applause Received: 917
Love how people are saying Rodgers padded his stats in garbage time. 140 yards in the 4th. The only difference between him and Brett is that Rodgers made those garbage time passes. Didn't MN go for a bomb with the game ticking away? Only Brett missed.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
8 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (16h) : lol
TheKanataThrilla (19h) : That's a better description Zero thanks.
Zero2Cool (23h) : I wasn't cheering for Cowboys. I was just hoping Vikings lose lol
Smokey (2-Dec) : NFLshop.com
TheKanataThrilla (2-Dec) : Seems best for our divisional prospects
hardrocker950 (2-Dec) : then don't
TheKanataThrilla (2-Dec) : It feels awful to cheer for the Cowboys.
Zero2Cool (30-Nov) : You know you don't have a Google sign in, so ... ahh ... don't click it :-) (having fun with ya)
Laser Gunns (30-Nov) : I don't mean to make the dupe, it happens when I try to sign in using the google account link thing.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Erik Walden has as many sacks as Nick Perry.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Most players fly "home" for offseason.
Porforis (29-Nov) : Or they just don't want to beat their bodies to hell to get a bunch of money and not having stuff around to enjoy with said money
Cheesey (29-Nov) : Well, i guess it just shows who thinks their football job is less important then going out to party.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Green Bay is a smaller town, and it's cold as crap here.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : What I've heard and read, more likely true than we care to admit.
hardrocker950 (29-Nov) : If that is true... they don't know what is good for them hehe
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : That was from Brady Poppinga.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Ted has always been aggressive & proactive in FA.It's just that a lot of big time free agents have taken less to play in bigger cities.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Gunnar, QUIT creating that duplicate account! lol
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Reggie ragland was on IR early too.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Seems anyone and everyone related to Packers is hurt lol
wpr (29-Nov) : Boy it's a good thing GB didn't sign Trevthan. Uncle Teddy is a genius. 8-l
The_Green_Ninja (29-Nov) : Silent from Nerdmann tonight :)
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Davante Adams turns 6 targets into 5-113-2 in MNF win
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Yeehaw
Zero2Cool (28-Nov) : Danny Trevthan to IR with ruptured patellar tendon in right knee. Going on IR.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : It's time for someone to step up at corner, Whitt says. He refuses to use injuries as an excuse, no matter how many ways I ask.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : Joe Whitt on Randall's return: "That's what we get paid for. Nobody really cares about the rust." Only thing that matters is performance.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : LB coach Winston Moss says rust affected Clay Matthews: "We're looking forward to him getting back to his old play-making self."
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : CB coach Joe Whitt on Damarious Randall: Nobody cares about rust. The only thing that matters is performance.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : Packers are 4.6 yards per rush. Only 4 teams with better average rushing per carry.
hardrocker950 (25-Nov) : But Ted will probably blow the pick on another bust
dyeah_gb (25-Nov) : I guess we can be thankful for a high draft pick
dyeah_gb (25-Nov) : happy thanksgiving everyone.
Zero2Cool (23-Nov) : Today's Birthdays: polargrizz (62)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

2016 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 3:25 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

28m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2-Dec / Around The NFL / Smokey

2-Dec / Packers Draft Threads / Smokey

2-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

1-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

30-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Barfarn


Packers Headlines