Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Greg C.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:41:57 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

It was a disappointing loss, but there were a few bright spots:

Cullen Jenkins--Got a sack, shared another sack with Kampman, forced Romo into an intentional grounding penalty, and got pressure on several other plays as well. Tackled an RB for a five-yard loss. Last year he was playing hurt, and now we're seeing what he can do when he's healthy.

Brandon Jackson--Only had a few carries, but he made the most of them. He looked more decisive on his runs and was fighting for every yard.

Jordy Nelson--Okay, all of his catches were against a prevent defense, but this had to be a confidence-builder for him. Rodgers was looking for him a lot, and he made an acrobatic sideline catch early in the game, which unfortunately was called back because of a penalty.

Tramon Williams--Did a nice job filling in for Al Harris. He made a great breakup downfield on one play. He did give up the TD by Austin in the fourth quarter (along with Rouse), but the coverage was good. It was just a great play by Romo, buying time and making a perfect throw. Sometimes that happens. What I like about Tramon Williams is that he has good ball skills. He gets his head around and plays the ball.
blank
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:15:41 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,834
Applause Received: 1,991

I think Greg Jennings did fairly well.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Greg C.  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:35:07 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I think Greg Jennings did fairly well.

Eight catches for 115 yards. Nothing wrong with that. It goes to show how high my standards are for him now, that I did not think that worth mentioning. I guess I was hoping for a huge play from him, which never came. The Cowboys did a good job of containing him.
blank
Offline DGB454  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:49:56 AM(UTC)
DGB454

United States

Applause Given: 15
Applause Received: 7

Woodson did well. Yeah he had a little help but they contained Terrible Owens.
Offline TOPackerFan  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:05:04 AM(UTC)
TOPackerFan

I thought Hawk played pretty well too. He seemed to be the only one able to get Barber down on the initial contact.
Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince
Offline Greg C.  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:08:59 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

How could I have forgotten to mention Woodson? He did a nice job in coverage. Too bad he missed that open-field tackle on Felix Jones.

I agree that Hawk looked pretty good as well.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:30:24 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Hey! What about Kampy? I thought he was good.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline obi1  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:03:55 PM(UTC)
obi1

Applause Given: 1

Woodson, Collins, Kampman, Jenkins, Jennings.

Hawk was not as dominant as he has been. Nelson I thought jumped a little early or should not have jumped at all for a couple passes... His rookie inexperience showed there.

James Jones was unseen, and whoever it was that was supposed to be on that no name receiver who torched the Pack I thought was somewhat inept.

This game I actually missed Brett Favre. Though I am still a huge fan of his and cheer for him whenever he plays, he is no longer a Packer and so I watch ARod go through his growing pains.

I do think he has potential but he did not play well in this game.

Also, a couple of missed tackles by Woodson resulted in a big play or two so though he did a good job on TO but, it did result in 2 scores.

Packers need to revamp the Oline and put in more plays that are going to utilize ARod's mobility.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:24:25 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,834
Applause Received: 1,991

James Jones was unseen, and whoever it was that was supposed to be on that no name receiver who torched the Pack I thought was somewhat inept.

I think it was Tramon Williams. I'm still bothered by that play. I think if we had Al Harris in there, it wouldn't have happened.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline McPack  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:30:20 PM(UTC)
McPack

Applause Received: 1

Woodson, Jennings and Jenkins stood out to me. Those guys had nothing to be ashamed of.
blank
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:15:00 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

I'll go ahead and say that I actually thought Rodgers played well -- not awesome, but well. He was being mobbed constantly, the running game wasn't happening, and he was very quickly down to 3 receivers. Given all the things that went wrong, the fact that he held his position down and avoided making a big mistake said a lot to me. Additionally, he never lost his smarts.

Now, I know people are going to wish he was more Favre-like and took more chances -- and games like Sunday night are just the sort of game where we're all thinking "He would have rolled the dice, would have taken a shot, and it might have worked." Aaron isn't that kind of QB at this point, and I think that's a good thing.

Best job to me was ChuckWood, however -- he was great. Felix made a SICK move on him and is too strong to get taken down by an arm tackle, but Chuck did a damn good job even getting an arm on him.
blank
Offline Since69  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:33:56 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

There were lots of 'A' games that night (Woodson, Jenkins, Jennings, Hawk, Kampman, Chillar) but there were just too many 'C' and 'D' games (Moll, Colledge, Tauscher, Frost, Rouse, Jones, Pickett, Grant) to overcome.
UserPostedImage
Offline luigis  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:38:09 PM(UTC)
luigis

Applause Received: 85

IMHO Jenkins was the MVP of the Dallas game.
Crosby did very well when he was called, deep kickoffs with very good hang time prevented Felix Jones from doing any damage on returns.
Will Blackmon played a very good game in defense and special teams, didn't give away any play when defending and put a key block on Collins INT return.

From what the others have posted I certainly disagree about Tramon Williams, Austin's TD was really bad he looked at the ball before the receiver and got behind when the ball came... Mental mistake

Luis
Luis
Offline Since69  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:38:35 PM(UTC)
Since69

I think it was Tramon Williams. I'm still bothered by that play. I think if we had Al Harris in there, it wouldn't have happened.

Once Harris went out, Williams was probably covering Crayton. That means it must have been Blackmon or Bush who slept on Austin. (I could be wrong here, though.)
UserPostedImage
Offline Since69  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:43:16 PM(UTC)
Since69

Now, I know people are going to wish he was more Favre-like and took more chances -- and games like Sunday night are just the sort of game where we're all thinking "He would have rolled the dice, would have taken a shot, and it might have worked." Aaron isn't that kind of QB at this point, and I think that's a good thing.

That's the Catch-22 of the whole argument right there. When we win, it's "Boy, I'm glad Rodgers is so careful with the ball." When we lose, it's "Dang, I'll bet the gunslinger could've found a way to pull that one out."

I'm with you, though. If Rodgers can be effective and careful, then that'll be much better in the long run.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed