Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:16:28 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,832
Applause Received: 1,978

My memory bank only goes back to '89.

Best:[ul]It has to be the game we beat the snot out of the 49ers in the '96 divisional playoffs when no one gave us a chance. We started the game off fast. I think it was Adam Walker got the ball slammed out by a perfect helmet to ball hit by Wayne Simmons and Craig Newsome took it to the house. --- since I now have this game on DVD, I might have to make a highlight video of it. --- [/ul]

Worst: [ul]It'd have to be the '94 Thanksgiving day game against the Cowboys. I'm not sure if Aikman was hurt during the game but I remember Jason Garrett torching the crap out of us. It was the worst because I was with tons of family who were dodging the Packers. Needless to say my father divorced himself from that poor excuse for a family! hah[/ul]

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline agopackgo4  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:50:42 PM(UTC)
agopackgo4

Applause Received: 3

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Worst: Losing to the Giants last year. Its still hurts thinking that we were that close. We were given all those missed field goals, and it felt like we were destined to win. Yet it didn't work. We couldn't do it. And for a second I literally wanted to just cry. Because I knew it wasn't going to happen. I collapsed inside when Favre threw that pick. My head dropped...and never to be raised for the rest of that day and actually for about a good week or so.

Thats how I feel with the 4th and 26. I still get the same sick feeling, if I think about that play and the way i felt after the game. For some reason last years playoff game doesnt effect me enough. Probably because it didnt suprise me that it happened. Not with Favre throwing the ball late in a close game lol. Its just that the 4th and 26 was so unexpected. Unbelievable.
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:56:12 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 109

My best Packer memory was brought about by a team member of the 98 49's.My Friend and I bet a 3 team parlay for a $1000,(My buddy had a great run betting baseball that season),taking GB,KC,and the over in the Denver/Niners game on Mon. Nite F-Ball.We won the first to games no problem.
It came down to the 4th quarter,bout 6 min left to go,game was in hand,can't remember for who.One of those typical out of reach games.No one was really going for a score.All we needed was 1 stinking point,Safety,Field Goal,TD.It didn't matter.All of a sudden someone stripped Elway on a sack and Kevin Greene picks it up and runs it back for a TD.Needless to say next to my son being born or the day I got married it was the happiest day of my life.We had just won $10,000.
I told you that story to tell you this one. We got to the end of the season.What to do what to do.Do we risk waiting for our second trip to the Superbowl or one of the other playoff games.Well we said screw it,after winning the first playoff game that season we ended up going to the N.F.C. Championship game in SanFran.
Needless to say it was the right choice that season.
About 8 years later,after learning how to surf the net,I was on Packers.com cruising the photo galleries and what to I find but this photo.
If you look over Favre's left shoulder you will see my friend Dave in the #4 jersey and me to the right in a blue and green jacket.Imagine our surprise.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:04:36 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 109

Bad memories,Went to the Az game in 2003.Man I thought it was hot in Vegas. Pretty bad game.Tards pulled it out.I thought it was pretty smart to make us wear our Home Colors that day.Those dark greens really sucked in the heat.Well once again while surfing the photo galleries what do I find but this.Another photo of me with my Bro-in-Law at the game.Had great seats 4-5 rows right behind the Packers bench.If you look right above the N in Arizona on the banner there I am kinda turned sideways.My Bro-in-Law is right above the last A in Arizona with the tan/brown shirt and baseball hat.A bad memory because of the loss,but still a good day because I was at a Pack game.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline Since69  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:48:12 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

Best: Super Bowl 31 :)
Worst: Super Bowl 32 :(

Almost worst: the 4th and 26 game. We were soooo good that year. We never should have lost that game - it never should have gone into overtime. I really think we would have won it all that year.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:27:26 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Best: Super Bowl 31 :)
Worst: Super Bowl 32 :(

Almost worst: the 4th and 26 game. We were soooo good that year. We never should have lost that game - it never should have gone into overtime. I really think we would have won it all that year.

We would have won that game if we would have run the ball on 4th and 1. That was so stupid. I still haven't gotten over that loss.

I knew when we punted that something bad would happen. Even when it was 4th and 26th, I knew they'd pick up the first down.

That's what happens when you play not to lose instead of playing to win.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Trippster  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:21:57 PM(UTC)
Trippster

Applause Received: 10

Best: Lunch with Favre

Worst: any loss to the bears.....God I hate them.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Offline mxchamp004  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:02:20 PM(UTC)
mxchamp004

Best: Lunch with Favre

Worst: any loss to the bears.....God I hate them.

You had lunch with Favre??!! crap thats amazing..

so back on subject...
BEST: Umm....id hav to say the game when we beat the broncos and the vikings lost to get us in the playoffs. at the time i was around the age of 10. I lived in texas but was in between my cabin in Hayward wisconsin and Minneapolis. so...my dad was driving the car (a rental jaguar, we got a free upgrade) and we were listening to the game. all the sudden it started snowing, and being from texas that is jst awesome. so then we were listening and the radio starts broadcassting clips of the viking game.they lose and yadda yadda u no the rest. even tho i wasnt a huge fan at the time like i am now it was definently my fondest and favorite packers memory.

WORST: Definently last years loss to the giants. I didn't even watch the end of the game and i was so pissed. my friend prtty much forced me to go to the movie with him and so i payed the like 20 bux to get the sprint nfl mobile thing. i was watching my phone the whole time and when i saw we got the ball in ot i thought it was a sure win. next thing i know game over giants win...so that whole night and next day i was at my friends house moping around and nearly crying while hearing all about the giants last second heroics on sportscenter...

Those r my 2 fondest memories
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed