Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhazer  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 9:46:28 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

Is it just me or was it not another big game and Mike McCarthy changed his normal play calling? What happened to the quick slants? And the comments Rodgers made about the Cowboys taking away his rollout game is he admitted he's not a good pocket passer? I'm not gloating cuz the Pack did lose but now maybe people will start to be realistic about this team. We are not a Super Bowl contender maybe in a few years but not this year. But then again this is just my opinion. Mike McCarthy has to learn to stick to what works for the Pack and thats the short dinks and dunks and slants we started the game that way and got away from it. And wtf happened to our red zone offense?
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline longtimefan  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 10:23:25 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

DH...

Last year after the 3rd game did any one say hey this team is Sb material?

I dont think so..

Do you agree with this?

Last 2 seasons ( 06 and 07 ) the team got better as year went on..So why can't it happen this year?

My gawd they are 2-1 LOL Not 0-3

They got out played and I sort of expected it..I did not expect them to look so flat..
Offline dhazer  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:04:32 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

Long at this time last year people were saying Packers were SB material seeing we were 3-0. I just don't see the fire on this team but yes i believe its because the team don't have faith in the QB, actions speak larger then words.
I think Mike McCarthy is doing very conservative play calling for Rodgers for he don't want to set him up for a public bashing, and that will hurt this team. But let's see now after we got spanked all over the field, I keep saying i hope im wrong but i don't see a great team i see a mediocre team.

Go Pack Go
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Trippster  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:36:38 PM(UTC)
Trippster

Applause Received: 10

could it be that the "conservative" play calling is a result of the QB not audibling at the line because he isnt making any adjustments, as in the past?
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Offline zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:47:49 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
could it be that the "conservative" play calling is a result of the QB not audibling at the line because he isnt making any adjustments, as in the past?

Uh oh. Didn't want to open up this can of worms, but quite possibly. Last year, we had the best guy at audibles out there behind Center. I was hoping Aaron Rodgers would be able to just come in and keep it going, just like you change a pair of socks. Hopefully by mid-season, he'd be doing this.

The other thing I wonder - is Aaron Rodgers afraid to override Mike McCarthy 's calls? I know BF did it a lot. When he thought he saw something that Mike McCarthy didn't see, he'd just do his own thing (and in '07, it worked).

Well, it's only game 3. I'm hoping Aaron Rodgers continues to gain confidence and starts changing more plays at the LOS. He's got the brains. He's got the strong arm. He has the talent. Maybe he's must missing the confidence? I'm assuming the experience is there because it's his 4th year.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:12:24 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,967
Applause Received: 2,223

I don't think the Packers are calling plays soft for Rodgers. You don't trade a future Hof QB in favor of a guy who have to dummy down your playbook for.

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Regarding Trippsters comment, good point. I can't say I know for sure if he's making the right adjustments, but his teammates say he is. But you never really know I guess.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed