Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mazloum  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 10:55:48 PM(UTC)
Mazloum

I live near Tampa so I consider myself a Buc fan when they arent playing the Packers. Heres a breakdown as I see it, while I try to stay as impartial as possible.

Tampa Offense

QB - Garcia, Griese, McCown. Garcia was the starter, got injured / had a falling out with Gruden. Griese is the starter now.

-Griese is a tale of two quarterbacks. With time he can deliver a ball with great velocity and accuracy, can be pressured into horrendous decisions. Bucs threw 67 times last week.

RB - 95%+ of the carries will be taken by Earnest Graham and Warrick Dunn. Dunn is a change of pace, stop Graham and youve basically stopped the run game. Graham doesnt have great speed, but he always falls forward.

WR's - I liked this matchup alot until we lost Al, now I wonder. Galloway was held out due to injury and may not play this week. If he does he is easily the top weapon on this offense. Michael Clayton or Antonio Bryant start opposite him, and neither should be a matchup problem. Ike Hilliard is the #3, and the most reliable target on this team. Ike may actually give us some problems.

TE's - Smith, Stevens. Smith shouldnt be a problem. Stevens made some good plays last week, and is 6'7''.

O-line - Penn, Sears, Faine, Joseph, Trueblood. Left side is above average, right side is weak. Faine and Trueblood play with a mean streak, will know the names of our O-lines wives and children. Trueblood threw 2 punches to a player on the ground last week vs bears, while he was on top of player on the ground. Bears player was called for penalty, which led to a score on that drive, in OT. We cant fall trap to that mind game.

I like a lot of the matchups here. I think our D-line matches up well and should create some pressure.

I think our LB's should contain the RB's, although the TE stevens worries me a bit. A large question will be how our secondary plays minus Al.

This ran a bit long, so Ill stop here and do the defense tomorrow.

I'll be at the game Sunday too, so Ill bring back some pics.
blank
Sponsor
Offline longtimefan  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 11:25:27 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

most EXCELLENT post thanks!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 11:39:04 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

I watched Locker Room with Larry McCaren today and his guest was Ryan Pickett. Ryan said something that Rodgers said that intrigued me. Rodgers said in his press conference that he hopes to see Dallas again this year. The same words were echoed by Pickett. He also said their vibe from watching the tape was positive. They know their mistakes and they know they can fix them. He said they will build on the positives and fix the mistakes.

I for one am thinking we might blow out the Buccaneers here. With our Center coming back and a pissed off team that knows they should have played better. Yeah I think we'll see some points racked up.

edit, Mazloum --- if you need a place to upload your pictures, shoot me a PM and we'll host them for ya.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:01:52 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 396

THANKS Maz!!!
GREAT info that i wouldn't have known had you not posted it!
+1 for you!
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockjock07  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:24:11 AM(UTC)
Rockjock07

I feel good about this game. The Bucs are a very average team offensively and above average on defense. I think GB goes down there and just kills TB coming off this loss to the Cowboys.

I'm really interested to see how this responses to this loss. It's good to see that they want another shot at the Cowboys. Look, The Packers have a easier schedule and play in a joke of a division and if they can win home-field in the playoffs, I would feel pretty comfortable have the Cowboys coming back to GB in the cold. Yes, that's looking a long way a way and the packers have some things to figure out on both sides of the ball.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
Offline gbpfan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:05:23 AM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

not to take away from the bucks but i watched the game and their d-line did not play well if they had they wouldnt have went into over time,they did poorly on the run game so we need to run more and be a beast at it,as far as passing a-rod should be fine there our d-line should be solid with williams in there i hope al is going to be okay,but they should win this one :icon_smile:
blank
Offline twebdonny  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:21:19 AM(UTC)
twebdonny

We will be at Sunday's game as well. Fuzzy's tailgate starts at 10 and we plan to indulge heavily LOL. Packers fans need to stick together whilst
in Tampa as Bucs fan tend to go a bit overboard with glee if you know what I mean.

I truly think we will not only win this game, but win big and make a statement that this team can and will rebound from adversity.

DJ
Offline Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:38:00 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 396

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
We will be at Sunday's game as well. Fuzzy's tailgate starts at 10 and we plan to indulge heavily LOL. Packers fans need to stick together whilst
in Tampa as Bucs fan tend to go a bit overboard with glee if you know what I mean.

I truly think we will not only win this game, but win big and make a statement that this team can and will rebound from adversity.

DJ

I sure hope you are right.........i NEED to see us rebound this week.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:35:24 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I sure hope you are right.........i NEED to see us rebound this week.

Not just you, my friend.
I hate the Cows more than a man should hate anything. It's been difficult.

Was this the first time we ever lost to the Cows at home? I think the announcer said that.

We should come out passing. Pass almost every down and throw in a draw play to Brandon Jackson. I'm currently liking Jackson more than Grant. Grant needs a week or two off. We'll need him in the Playoffs.

I want to see a double digit victory. Nothing against the Bucs, I have a soft spot for them, but we need a big win and they happen to be our opponents next week.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline obi1  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:53:43 PM(UTC)
obi1

Applause Given: 1

I don't know... Bucs have always been kind of a given as a W in the stats column but it is in Tampa and the heat can really get to you.

I just hope the Packers don't have any more injuries in this one as we can't afford any more...
blank
Offline luigis  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:08:39 PM(UTC)
luigis

Applause Given: 90
Applause Received: 93

Great post, its probably going to be a difficult game with so many injuries, I hope we can eliminate the mental mistakes and missed assignements and maybe put some more imagination to our offense.

Luis
Luis
Offline Mazloum  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:26:44 PM(UTC)
Mazloum

Thanks for the replies folks. Heres the rest for those interested.

Tampa's Defense.

D-line - Carter, Hovan, Haye, Adams. Above average line as I see it. Carter is very underated with a great motor, Gaines Adams at the other end gets great pressure on passing downs. The interior of this line is the weak point, for what that is worth. The pass rush has been solid so far this season.

Linebackers - June, Ruud, Brooks. This is a great squad. June is in his prime and a solid player, Ruud is a budding star who has done a very good job over the last year and a bit. Brooks still needs to be accounted for due to his experience, but will leave the game on some passing downs.

Corners - Barber, Buchanon, Talib, Mack. Barber has given up big plays in each of the bucanneers losses this year. Big plays. Buchanon has been solid if unspectacular. Talib made a horrible rookie mistake for a TD week 1, then a great play for an int last week. Talib is comming along nicely. Mack is the fourth corner and I think is suspended for this Sunday.

Safeties - Philips, Jackson. These two safeties both read the same way on a scoutig report. Very productive in run support, will both take your head off. Both somewhat susceptible to play action.

-To note, this year it seems more than others Kiffin is getting his players rest by rotating his starters and backups some downs. LB's Hayes and Black will rotate in for a few plays. At safety Piscitelli will enter on some downs as well.

I think our O-line and their D-line grade pretty well against each other. I like our WR's against their Secondary, but i think I would take their Linebackers over our RB's & TE's, as far as matchups go.

I am anxious to see how we respond Sunday.
blank
Offline porky88  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:55:04 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 188
Applause Received: 375

I like how GB matches up against Tampa Bay man for man. Now scheme wise we're familiar with the cover 2 but Monte Kiffin runs the best cover 2 around. Heck he is the father of cover 2. He'll give Rodgers lots a tough time.

I had GB winning this game and I think they will but I think this is going to be a game that has us sitting on the edge of our seats.
Offline Greg C.  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:55:05 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Was this the first time we ever lost to the Cows at home? I think the announcer said that.

Coming into Sunday's game, the Cowboys were 0-5 in Green Bay, but they had beaten the Packers in Milwaukee at least once, and maybe a few times.

As for the Bucs, they are a scrappy team, but I think the Packers will bounce back strong against them. Ronde Barber was really getting toasted by Brandon Lloyd of the Bears, so it will be interesting to see if he guards Jennings or Driver man-to-man.
blank
Offline millertime  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:23:01 PM(UTC)
millertime

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 6

I live near Tampa so I consider myself a Buc fan when they arent playing the Packers. Heres a breakdown as I see it, while I try to stay as impartial as possible.

Tampa Offense

QB - Garcia, Griese, McCown. Garcia was the starter, got injured / had a falling out with Gruden. Griese is the starter now.

-Griese is a tale of two quarterbacks. With time he can deliver a ball with great velocity and accuracy, can be pressured into horrendous decisions. Bucs threw 67 times last week.

RB - 95%+ of the carries will be taken by Earnest Graham and Warrick Dunn. Dunn is a change of pace, stop Graham and youve basically stopped the run game. Graham doesnt have great speed, but he always falls forward.

WR's - I liked this matchup alot until we lost Al, now I wonder. Galloway was held out due to injury and may not play this week. If he does he is easily the top weapon on this offense. Michael Clayton or Antonio Bryant start opposite him, and neither should be a matchup problem. Ike Hilliard is the #3, and the most reliable target on this team. Ike may actually give us some problems.

TE's - Smith, Stevens. Smith shouldnt be a problem. Stevens made some good plays last week, and is 6'7''.

O-line - Penn, Sears, Faine, Joseph, Trueblood. Left side is above average, right side is weak. Faine and Trueblood play with a mean streak, will know the names of our O-lines wives and children. Trueblood threw 2 punches to a player on the ground last week vs bears, while he was on top of player on the ground. Bears player was called for penalty, which led to a score on that drive, in OT. We cant fall trap to that mind game.

I like a lot of the matchups here. I think our D-line matches up well and should create some pressure.

I think our LB's should contain the RB's, although the TE stevens worries me a bit. A large question will be how our secondary plays minus Al.

This ran a bit long, so Ill stop here and do the defense tomorrow.

I'll be at the game Sunday too, so Ill bring back some pics.

I live in Tampa too and I'm trying to get tickets. You got any extra?
People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
-Vince Lombardi