Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheEngineer  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:42:02 PM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
wow - i thought it sucked! then again, i'm a firm believer in getting the MOST points possible in the shortest amount of time - even when you're down by3 scores!! it seemed to me that the team/coaches were content to throw down the middle constantly instead of working the sidelines & saving more time.

We threw it down the sidelines a lot, but Rodgers was over throwing a tall target in Jordy Nelson pretty consistently.

I'd have liked to have seen more throws 25+.

Better over than under!
blank
Offline TengoJuego  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:06:05 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

Dallas wasn't giving up anything deep. It wasn't nothing to go crazy about. Although it was about time Jordy stopped being so afraid. He looked so scared with a few balls, not even attempting a catch on one across the middle.
Offline obi1  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:23:59 PM(UTC)
obi1

Applause Given: 1

Dallas wasn't giving up anything deep. It wasn't nothing to go crazy about. Although it was about time Jordy stopped being so afraid. He looked so scared with a few balls, not even attempting a catch on one across the middle.

I agree. Nelson looked a bit apprehensive(at best) about catching the overthrown balls as wel as some over the middle.

I liked the hurry up. Though they needed to be more aggressive with it. Even if the receivers are NOT open, You throw to the back of the endzone...

That keeps the defense honest and who knows, may be a couple plays later, a catch and run breaks for a HUGE gain.
blank
Offline bozz_2006  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:27:14 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

it wasn't the worst
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:37:00 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

It needs work. It needs to be practiced and needs to be applied successfully.

Sincity mentioned slowing down the Dallas D. Yes. It should have been applied earlier.

This is another thing about aggression. Mike McCarthy needs to bump it up a bit. Doesn't start getting aggressive until we're way down. WTF. Come on, Mike McCarthy , I had you rated as a top tier Coach last year. You need to bump it up this year.

No matter what the score, I'd like to see it used occasionally in upcoming games. We might need it in the Playoffs and we need it to work.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:20:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

Although it was about time Jordy stopped being so afraid. He looked so scared with a few balls, not even attempting a catch on one across the middle.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I seen him leaping up there quite a few times which exposed him greatly for a helluva hit. The balls were just too high.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:27:53 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

I think part of the missing element overall was the deep ball.. we really didn't try an loosen up the defense with any vertical passes. Granted Rodgers was busy running for his life most of the night.. but still wing a couple deep to help back down the safeties.

So 4Pack... in a way I agree with your assessment, however in the same token, running deep routes over and over would further exhaust a team that was running out of gas. Take what you can get, get out of bounces and march down the field with what they will give you.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:04:46 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Pack - we would have seen the deep ball if Aaron Rodgers would have gotten 3 whole seconds to throw it. He didn't.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline TengoJuego  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:11:52 PM(UTC)
TengoJuego

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2010

United States

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 1

Although it was about time Jordy stopped being so afraid. He looked so scared with a few balls, not even attempting a catch on one across the middle.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I seen him leaping up there quite a few times which exposed him greatly for a helluva hit. The balls were just too high.

He jumped maybe once for a pass. Other than that he looked skittish(I said this in the lounge). He stopped and put his hands out to stop a defender on that slant. I was like DUDE you're wearing pads! Its never fun to get cracked, but its part of being a WR.
Rss Feed